Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29071 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2016, 06:15:15 pm »

Garix has mysteriously disappeared. Perhaps he will return. Perhaps not.

The strange Ingon's and the even stranger yet Ickanthy are adopted by Xenraft. Almost immediately the Ingons attatch themselves to the Ickanthy. The two races find themselves so compatible that the Ingons permanently root themselves within the Ickanthy bloodline. Their species's offspring will brow inside the offspring of the Ickanthy for all posterity. This has two consequences. The Ickanthy grow smarter and find themselves learning very fast. Whereas the Ingons find that their deformed individuals lead to black Ickanthy eggs and can be dealt with before they become an issue.

Om, enraged by the other god's fervent and unfounded denial of her wonderful trees, pours divine energy into the trees. The trees become hardy, and highly resistant to disease and parasites. Truly these trees could grow anywhere, and now they do. Not even the soil-less crags of the south or the frozen icy expanses in the north can stop the spread of this fruiting tree.

In a chaotic explosion of elemental energy, the southern region is transformed into a swirling whirlwind of chaotic energy. Dark clouds batter the terrain with thunder and lightning almost constantly. The ground freezes over and lava bubbles up from beneath the earth. Truly this land is ruined, and inhospitable to mundane life. However here the Asthates are meant to prosper. The golems who had been living here in the rocky wastelands seem angered by the sudden change and tension between them and the Ashates starts. The southern region remained unchanged as its ruling god spent his IP on titanic appeasement.

The Omniworms are created by Asteros, but seemingly in vane. The Omnifruit trees are incredibly resistant and can no longer be injured by such worms.Only a few omniworms manage to infect a few trees. Really the omniworm struggles to survive at all.

Asteros then contacts the races of the new continent.

Xenraft releases his dremonians underground. Immediately they findselves at home in the dark twisting corridors and caverns of the caves. They feast on land eels and begin attacking the smaller weaker Ickanthy.

Sleeve begins filling the ocean with life. First she creates free floating algae that lives off of the sun's energy alone. Then herbivore waterbugs to eat the algae, and lastly stream fish to eat them. Sleeve then places their Lamia on the coast and instructs them to catch and enjoy the newly created fish. This, however, quickly goes awry. The newly created aquatic life and the sentient creature's chasing them attracts the Leviathan. In a matter of seconds the hungry beast wells up from the and devours a dozen Lamia in a single gulp. Several more follow as they flee the water high unto the beaches. The beast lurks for a few hours, watching its prey, before it descends back into the depths.

Zelthen spends a great deal of energy creating his magical Abuern trees, but lacks the power to make them as complex as he desires. While Zelthen would like to make the tree have disinfecting and painkilling flowers, vine ropes, the ability to be turned into golden wiring, hardy resilient bark, edible bark, bark that can be made into a building material and is as strong as copper and can be forged into armor, the inside of the tree is very dense and difficult to cut, can burn for days, has softening and rehardening wood as strong as concrete, wood that can used like a metal at a forge to create a metal that is stronger than bronze and also hurts those who Zelthen deems unworthy, he doesn't have the influence necessary to achieve all of that. Zelthan manages to make the tree have medicinal qualities, burn very slowly, and have softening and rehardening wood. He also manages to allow the wood to be forged into Abuernite, but Abuernite isn't as strong as he would like. The beautiful and carefully organized trees grow in mathematically perfect forests. Or at least they would have if the Omnifruit tree hadn't disrupted their pattern. The Abuern forests quickly become stunted as omnifruit trees prevent their highly mathematical spread and steal light from them with their leaves. Zelthen then teaches his Luminites the secrets of mathematically and enlightens several of his warriors.

Om declares Zelthen to be a coward. The Luminites are outraged and look to their god for retaliation.

After a long discussion and dialog with the Titan Grotic, Triniteus decides to pay the appeasement of 20 IP. In return the titan agrees to a private conversation.

The two warring races continue slaying eachother in an all out battle on the new continent. It seems as though the bird-men of the south are taking the upperhand. The reason why becomes quickly apparent. The demon Pherse has joined the ranks of the anorath (birdmen) and is using fire magics to lay waste to swathes of Ora at a time.

The slimes that inhabit the world are now finding their niches. Much to the dismay of your mortal races. The Tortons find themselves to be the prey of choice of burrowing orange oozes. Their acid embrace digesting the poor trapped Torton and digests them, leaving only an empty shell behind. Alarri have discovered that the flying slime produce a delicious honey within their hives, however the hives are well defended. In the chaotic southern region the Astathes are being picked off by grey slime landmines.

Only one request is made at this time. A powerful lich approaches the pantheon. I am Quikiw, a sorcerer who has employed the power of necromancy in order to escape death. I come to share centuries of wisdom with a race capable of receiving my teachings. To bring Quikiw into the world would cost 9 IP.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slaeve (Happy Demon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

(PMs will be going out shortly)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:15:55 am by Roboson »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2016, 07:12:24 pm »

"Om, You refuse To heed me when I say, that I, nor the Luminites, want Your Omnifruit. Seeing that Your stubborn Mind refuses to acknowledge my Hold on the North, and that You still conspire to Spread Your Omnifruit, I created my Own Tree, One with many Uses, so that the Luminites might skillfully Harness it to solve many of their needs and better themselves, exactly the same reason You claimed that Your Omnifruit Trees were Created. To Teach Mathematics is to Uplift the Mortals from Squalor, to Teach Mathematics is to show them the Infinite Complexities of Our Reality, and To show them how to Apply it to practical Uses. Has any Architect ever constructed a Great Wonder with no use of Mathematics? Has any Census been taken, any Harvest counted, and any Civilization Ascended without Mathematics? Om, I teach them Mathematics, because the rest of their needed Knowledge shall follow quickly as a result. This Titan, has no Power before Our Entire Pantheon, Yet we refuse to Fight It, instead we Cower like Animals."
"But do you need to teach them mathematics right this very moment? I wished to fight the titan, but not even you would stand by my side and so I was forced to stand down myself, or waste my time and power in a futile struggle, for not even a single one of the other gods were willing to stand with me. The true coward here is you Zelthen. I hereby brand you Zelthen the Coward. Let all know your shame. Your fear. Your worthlessness."

"YOU DARE!?! YOU ARE LESS THAN DUST BEFORE THE POWER OF THE HOLY LIGHT! PURITY SHALL OVERCOME ALL THAT YOU DEEM GOOD, FOR IT IS UNCLEAN! THE ORDERLY WRATH I SHALL BRING UPON YOU SHALL GRIND ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS TO DUST, AND YOUR EXISTENCE SHALL BE PURGED, SO THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE CLEANSED OF IT'S FILTH!"

The Shining One Appears Before The Luminites, In the Absolute Center of Sancturn. He Speaks to them in a deafening Voice that disintegrates the Night itself, and causes each Luminite present to be stricken with Spiritual Ecstasy at the Presence of their Creator.

"MY BELOVED CHILDREN, YOU ARE PURE, ORDERLY, THE LIGHT EMBRACES YOU, AND YOU ARE LOVED BY YOUR CREATOR. LISTEN AS I TELL YOU, FOR THIS IS THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH, THIS SANCTIFIED CITY, THIS BASTION OF LIGHT, RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND PURITY IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE TRUE HOLINESS CAN BE FOUND. OUTSIDE OF THIS PERFECT ICE, LIES AN INFINITE AND EVER GROWING EXPANSE OF TOTAL CORRUPTION, FILTH, AND UNSPEAKABLE CHAOS. I HAVE SHELTERED YOU FROM THESE EVILS, BUT NO LONGER. YOU SHALL ACHIEVE YOUR DIVINE PURPOSE, YOU SHALL UNITE, AND GO FORTH INTO THE WORLD, AND IN MY NAME ALL OF CREATION SHALL BE CLEANSED IN HOLY FIRE AND FROM IT'S ASHES SHALL ARISE A NEW, ENDLESS AND ETERNAL LIGHT. ALL THINGS SHALL BE ABSOLUTELY PURE, PERFECT ORDER AND ENLIGHTENMENT SHALL BELONG TO ALL, AND THE HOLY LIGHT SHALL OVERCOME THE VOID ITSELF. ETERNAL PARADISE SHALL BE UPON YOU FOR ALL OF TIME, THIS I SWEAR UPON MY OWN HONOR.

HOWEVER, NOW, THE FORCES OF JUSTICE ARE WEAK, AND I AM ALL BUT POWERLESS BEFORE THE FORCES OF DARKNESS. OUR HOLY CRUSADE WILL BE DESTROYED IF WE GO FORTH NOW, FOR WE ARE FEW, AND THOUGH OUR HEARTS ARE RIGHTEOUS, OUR BLADES ARE DULL. OUR ARMOR IS THIN AND FRAGILE. OUR LINES ARE IN DISARRAY, AND SANCTURN ITSELF IS IN A CACOPHONY OF DISORDER. THIS MUST END. FROM THIS DAY FORTH, WE ARE AT WAR. ALL LUMINITES MUST TRAIN FOR WAR EVERY SPARE SECOND OF EVERY DAY, FOR IF YOU DO NOT, YOU SHALL BE CUT DOWN, AS EASILY AS ICE BEFORE FIRE. YOU MUST BE AN ARMY, FIT TO SLAY ALL WHO OPPOSE MY DIVINE WILL. SOON WE SHALL GO FORTH IN A CRUSADE AND THIS UNCLEAN WORLD SHALL BE BROKEN. BUT NOW IS NOT THE TIME. WHEN I HAVE DEEMED YOU WORTHY, YOU SHALL GO FORTH."

Zelthen tells The Luminites to do the Following. He Engraves these Commandments on an Enormous, Mathematically Perfect Ice Monolith in the Absolute Center of Sancturn.

-Every Luminite must spend at least 14 Hours a Day Training for War, both in Individual Combat, and in Army level Combat.
-The rest of their Day must be spent Working or Praying to The Shining One.
-Each Luminite must Learn and regularly practice the Arts of Mathematics and the Arts of Forging Weapons, Tools, and Armor.
-For One Day Each Week, Each Luminite Must spend their Entire Day Burning and Destroying Omnifruit Trees, as they are Unclean and must be Destroyed.
-Each Luminite must own at least One Full Suit of Armor, One Weapon of their Choice, and a Perfectly Carved Tablet detailing the Good that is Found in Order, Light, and Purity. These Items must be Forged by The Luminite who Owns them, and they must be Blessed by a Luminite Priest.
-Once Every Year, The Luminites shall spend One Week doing nothing but Praying to The Shining One, during this Week, Sancturn shall glow Brighter.
-The most Faithful, Skilled, and Intelligent of all Luminites shall be Blessed and become Priests during the Week of Prayer. Priests shall do nothing but Train constantly, Pray, and conduct Religious matters requiring a Priest.
-Any Non-Luminite that is Found within 200 Miles of Sancturn must be Slain immediately, unless they Worship only Zelthen, in which case they are given free reign to make a Pilgrimage to Sancturn.
-All Unclean Beings Found within 200 Miles of Sancturn must be Slain, if there are Many or they are Powerful, an Army or several if needed, shall go Forth to Slay It, Once it is Dead, It's Body must be Burned in a Sacrifice to The Shining One, and if It's Soul isn't taken by another God, It shall reincarnate as a more Pure Being.
-The Luminites shall be organized into many Highly Disciplined Armies, Each Commanding Officer is a Priest. The Most Skilled and Zealous of all Luminites shall be the Arch-Priest, Zelthen shall Speak to the Arch-Priest personally and the Arch-Priest shall oversee the Luminite Civilization.
-All Luminites must Memorize these Commandments.

The Shining One then Teaches The Luminites Advanced Military Strategy and if He has Influence left, Sophisticated Combat Methods. He then leaves The Luminites and observes the World. He endlessly polishes and sharpens His Sword, Shield, and Armor in anticipation of The Crusade.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:14:53 pm by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »

Om gazed upon his Tortons' first tentative steps into this new beginning with contentment. This turned to concern however, as they encountered their first danger, the Orange Slimes. Om spinned in contemplation as to how best to solve this problem, until he came upon the idea of teaching the Tortons a simple spell. Not only would this help protect them from the Orange Slimes, it'd help encourage them to begin practicing their magic.

Spend four points to teach the Tortons the Detect Orange Slime spell
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:00:42 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »

I Create Phoenixes (below)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2016, 11:07:22 pm »

I Create Phoenixes (below)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Upon witnessing Xenraft's Creation, Zelthen scoffs in Righteous Indignation, before speaking to The Dark God.

"Xenraft, my Fellow God, if You do not remove this Overgrown Poultry from the Northern Region of the Continent, I will gift Your Cave-Dwelling Peoples in turn, and I do believe that they would find my gifts to be most, entertaining, to say the least."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:49 pm »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]

"Oh right, the beastie."
Sleeve flicks her wing at the water. The needle falls out of her wing, and toward the water, but it's also growing in size. It reaches a size slightly larger than a human's sowing needle.
Then the needle lands on the water, standing on it, never breaking surface tension, even though it stands on it's point. Then the needle starts to move across the water.
Sleeve makes the Dancing Needle for 10 points.
Spoiler: Dancing Needle (click to show/hide)
"Keep close to the needle, and you'll be safe. Just look real hard, you'll see it moving across the surface.
Actually...
"
Sleeve makes a thread for the needle, it's slightly glowing (enough to be seen at night) red string, and will drift behind it as it moves. It cannot be touched, you just phase through it. It's a few meters long.
"To make it easier to see."
The needle mainly moves by the coast.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:07:16 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2016, 03:54:27 am »

Triniteus meditates. The discussion he had with the Titan was very enriching, and he is now pondering over the words of Grotic.

"My plans don't change for now. I need more Influence if I wish to turn my region into an elemental trinity."

Wait, not doing anything.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2016, 07:38:57 am »

"Hm..."
Sleeve flies down to the Lamias.
"Who here wants to go meet the other people?"
A few hands are raised. Sleeve flies up to one of them, and wraps around her body, but makes sure her wings are free.
Then she flies off with the Lamia, using divine power to both hold her, and make it somewhat comfortable.

First she flies over the lands of the lands of the Luminites.
"These glowing people serve a loud god. He may talk of genocide, but he's yet to make good on his word.
But he has banned all life from his area. While the god may be spineless, his servants are not.
"
Then Sleeve flies away, and to the lands of the Alarri.
"These people, they seem nice enough."
Sleeve flies to the ground, and drops off the Lamia.
"I know nothing of these people, so try to be nice. I'm sure they'll respond in kind. You're my diplomat now."
Then Sleeve flies off. Leaving the recently appointed diplomat in unknown territory.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:52:08 am by Happy Demon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2016, 07:46:33 am »

Upon witnessing Xenraft's Creation, Zelthen scoffs in Righteous Indignation, before speaking to The Dark God.

"Xenraft, my Fellow God, if You do not remove this Overgrown Poultry from the Northern Region of the Continent, I will gift Your Cave-Dwelling Peoples in turn, and I do believe that they would find my gifts to be most, entertaining, to say the least."
It Ain't Gona' happen O Weak an' Spineless Lamp face.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2016, 08:38:36 am »

Finally, i' ve been dreming to do this for a long time. Asteros imprints the minds of the wisest Alarri with true name magic. A gift for you my children, spread it and develop it to his maximum potential.
Give the Alarri true name magic.

Spoiler: true name magic (click to show/hide)
Then he speaks to all the other gods: I' ve contacted the new continent races and i learned this: the Anorath are trying to release a demon to reshape the new continent and dry the sea and the Ora were trying to stop them. I have no interest in both of them but i tought you should know that. I know some of you have... strong opinions about demons
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:10:21 pm by Leonardo8 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:56 pm »

Then he speaks to all the other gods: I' ve contacted the new continent races and i learned this: the Anorath are trying to release a demon to reshape the new continent and dry the sea and the Ora were trying to stop them. I have no interest in both of them but i tought you should know that. I know some of you have... strong opinions about demons
Triniteus thanks Asteros for sharing informations.
"Honesty should be repaid with honesty. As for I, my conversation with the Titan Grotic ended. I learnt of the way a Titan creates mortals, and he gifted me with the examples as a parting gift. Grots, mortal titanspawns embodying the strength of their creator. They are not evil and only ask to live, so I intend to transpose them into the world in a nearby future."

Then Triniteus broke out from his meditation, interested by the Kilks. He appeared to them and inquired about themselves.

Triniteus actions :
-Contact Kilks

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »

Minor Event Update

Strange new beings are spotted exiting several portals into the eastern jungle. Dark hooded humans with glowing red eyes and large black raven wings appear in the thicket. They wield flaming scythes of dark evil metal. They seem to be commanding dozens upon dozens of small red impish spider-like creatures who wield fire and axes in equal proportion. The invaders seem to be interested in only one thing: lumber. They chop down every omnifruit tree within miles of every portal within a matter of minutes. They are almost completely done before they could even be detected. Omni-stumps and small fires cover much of the landscape as the duo of strange creatures disappear into their many portals. With the speed and efficiency of this act, one cannot but wonder what strange schemes are at play here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2016, 11:31:59 am »

Minor Event Update

Strange new beings are spotted exiting several portals into the eastern jungle. Dark hooded humans with glowing red eyes and large black raven wings appear in the thicket. They wield flaming scythes of dark evil metal. They seem to be commanding dozens upon dozens of small red impish spider-like creatures who wield fire and axes in equal proportion. The invaders seem to be interested in only one thing: lumber. They chop down every omnifruit tree within miles of every portal within a matter of minutes. They are almost completely done before they could even be detected. Omni-stumps and small fires cover much of the landscape as the duo of strange creatures disappear into their many portals. With the speed and efficiency of this act, one cannot but wonder what strange schemes are at play here.
"This seems to have been a targeted attack against my Omnifruit Trees. How disappointing."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:02:01 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »

It Ain't Gona' happen O Weak an' Spineless Lamp face.

"So Be It, I am certain that my new creation will find a good home among the Caverns."

Zelthen reaches down His Shining Gauntlet and Scoops up a Ball of Snow, He turns His back to the Other Gods and proceeds to mold and shape it with calculating precision.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:56:56 pm by Ardent Debater »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2016, 12:30:23 pm »

"This seems to have been a targeted attack against my Omnifruit Trees. How disappointing."
"Um... you do know those trees are everywhere, right?
It could be targeted, but I think it's more to do with their abundance than their nature.
"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20