Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Mainpiston test game: You win.  (Read 15427 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile

((alright then I'll just run it then.))

Do what you do best; sit in the corner and cry. And die. Ooh, that rhymes!

You still tormented by your PTSD are curled into a ball in the bomb bay of the stricken aircraft. The Daemons in your head reach a climax, and then suddenly you are thrown forward and everything goes black.

Continue flying home.  If someone directs Groo to fly somewhere specific, ignore them unless they point out that there will be delicious food or enemies in that direction.

"Groo Hungry.  Groo go to whipped cream island!"
[piloting 1] Groo is proud of himself for doing such a nice burn of fuel so proud in fact that he decides to do it again sending the leech craft zooming off in the wrong direction as he laughs to himself. The leech craft is now entirely out of fuel and has started gliding down towards the earth. [piloting 5] Groo triumvirate of idiocy manages to collaborate long enough to send the craft into a very controlled dive and mangoes to make a very graceful crash-landing into one of the rare clearing's in the endless dark forests on the ground.

You have all landed on the ground currently your only hope to survive is to manage to find a balloon that is occasionally sent to the ground to rescue some poor airmen such as yourselves.

Apologies for the dip in quality and the brevity of the post haven't had a lot of time nor spare energy today. Next post will be better.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 11:23:10 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Poke head out and look around with sniper at the ready.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Have shotgun at the ready.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Assume direct control of the pilot of a rescue craft. Be on patrol.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

"Groo home!" Groo shouts with a wide smile.

Ready assault rifle, then start heading out, below the path leading home.

I bet you're wondering why this post has such a recent timestamp, huh?  Well, it's a funny story.  Probably like the story of why you're reading this old thread.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bad Grue, stay here. Rest of you, form a semi circle with me. Man with the assualt gun up front with grue. I'll be in back. Other guy, what do you have on you?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Poke head out and look around with sniper at the ready.
[perception 1] You carefully poke your head out, your face is a grim mask until you scan the permitter and are amazed by the wonders of the candy forest that stretches out as a far as the eye can see, you collapse to your knees and weep tears of joy amazed by this glorious sight as the rest of your clearly unenlightened teammates move away from you.

Have shotgun at the ready.
[perception 2] You look out of the glider hefting your shotgun to your shoulder scanning the permitter, it's clear that sniper school never taught you how to see beyond the tree line either. Seems that sniper school didn't teach you much in general.

Assume direct control of the pilot of a rescue craft. Be on patrol.
There aren't so much rescue craft as there are opportunistic beast masters. They mostly take large slow flying planes around the major trade routes looking for any ballons containg airmen. Since the airmen typically grab at least one beast while on the ground the beast master will take the beast and allow the crew to stay on the plane.
Regardless make a char sheet and you can start the fun and exciting duty of patrolling.
"Groo home!" Groo shouts with a wide smile.

Ready assault rifle, then start heading out, below the path leading home.
[perception 5] Groo clearly showing his somewhat hybrid nature is perfectly at home on the ground and quickly scans the area. The forest clearing is just that a clearing however beyond that he can see numerous beasts clustered and hanging upside down from a tree, they look something like a cross between a frog and bat, [intelligence 3] Groo thinks, a foreign concept to him, that the bat frog things are called a bag, but that's the full extent of his knowledge. Next to the bags there is a creature about the size of a porcupine that looks like it has a medium sized tube coming out of it's back that it seems to be pointing at Jimmy, with every breath the beast takes the tube moves as though affected by the force of the air going through the beast, this continues for several seconds until the beast stops exhaling and starts to only inhale and swell it's body up.[intelligence 1] Groo's three neurons decide that the creature clearly want's to make friends with Jimmy and wanders in between the two of them to prevent this from happening.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Varion's eyes open, clearly enlightened to the true nature of his world (or suffuring a head injury from the landing) he raises his rifle ready to fight off any candy theives and starts to walk out to claim the delicious sweets for the group
Go forth to gather food for the group, have sniper at ready to fight off the evil sweets theives of sugar free isle
It's Soooooo beutifulllll! Enough to make a man cry! I'll go get us some guys. If I'm not back assume the theives of sugar free isle got me and are going to corrupt my mind.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:14:47 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Name: Ohe Sukuodi
Description: A fledgling pilot who patrols the skies in order to help his fellow airmen. He's learned a bit of beastmastery on the side to help with this line of work. Obviously, any beasts acquired are sold back in civilization to recoup the costs of such an expensive and hazardous hobby.
Stats
Strength: +1
Intelligence: 0
Dexterity: 0
Resilience: 0
Perception: 0
Charisma: 0

Skills
Piloting: +2
Marksmanship: +1
Daemonism: -2
Doctor: -1
Beast mastery: +1
Engineering: 0

Inventory what you have on you.
Knife
Aviators clothing
Pistol
Beast kit

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Watch Groo walk directly in front of me. I dismiss it as his usual antics and go back to scanning the treline.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Varion's eyes open, clearly enlightened to the true nature of his world (or suffuring a head injury from the landing) he raises his rifle ready to fight off any candy theives and starts to walk out to claim the delicious sweets for the group
Go forth to gather food for the group, have sniper at ready to fight off the evil sweets theives of sugar free isle
It's Soooooo beutifulllll! Enough to make a man cry! I'll go get us some guys. If I'm not back assume the theives of sugar free isle got me and are going to corrupt my mind.
You are about to embark on the wonderful quest through the forest of candy when you hear a Groo cry out in pain followed shortly by the retry of an assault rifle. Clearly the sugar free thieves are here. [perception: 5] Turning with your rifle you line up a shot at the tube wielding thief [marksmanship: 4] Your large caliber rifle round tears through the candy thief eliciting a cry of pain from it, strange fruit juice colored blood gushes from the wound.

Watch Groo walk directly in front of me. I dismiss it as his usual antics and go back to scanning the treline.
You ordinarily would ignore the lummox that has wandered in front of you but your training tells you that you should probably pay attention when Groo suddenly bellows in pain and begins firing his assault rifle into the forest, followed by Varion turning around and also firing into the woods while screaming something about the sugar free thieves attacking. You look up and see that about [perception 6] 20, HOLY HELL!, bags have taken flight and are coming straight for you. [Marksmanship 1] panicking you try to raise your shotgun into position to blow them away but clearly sniper school never taught you basic trigger discipline and you accidentally squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at Groo's upper body [Groo endurance 1] The majority of the balls slam into Groo's head turning it into a disgusting mess with very little grey matter, actually it's mostly just blood.

Kill the tube things that are trying to befriend Jimmy!  Nobody steals Groo's friends!

Then shoot the bags.  Maybe they're bags of cheese dip?

[bone scout: marksmanship roll 4]  the bone skirmisher rapidly deflates launching a spike made of bone at Groo with the force of a rifle. The bone spike embeds it self in Groo's leg missing the femoral artery but hitting various other arties and striking his femur, have fun getting that out Dr. Varion, [Groo end roll 2] and he bellows in pain like a wounded beor.
[Excruciating Pain: -1 to the next 2 actions]
[Slow bleeding: lets see here your probably going to start feeling the effects of bleeding in lets say 4 rounds it's a fairly small wound and didn't hit anything too important.]
[Groo marksmanship 3] Groo raises his assault rifle, but clouded by the pain his three neurons can't figure out the complex finger movements involved in pulling the trigger back and holding the gun up at the same time.

[Groo Marksmanship 2] switching targets Groo attempts to retrain his fingers to hold the gun up and fire at the bags he misses completely wasting 3 shots and they take flight a spiral of leathery wings and sharp claws headed straight for Jimmy and Groo.

Groo is about to unleash more firepower when suddenly everything goes dark.

Spoiler: char sheet accepted (click to show/hide)
You fly along in plane craning your neck for any signs of downed airmen [perception 5] you recognize the familiar shape of a downed leech craft in a clearing and change course towards it. You will be able to drop hot air ballon equipment to them in one turn.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:14:37 pm by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep firing on the candy theif while dragging my fellow sugar explorers to the  cover of the leach craft. Grab Grue's gun if he is nearby.
Die die die! These sweets be mine! ArrrrrrrR!  Wait...Sugar free theives don't have guns...OH Cra-  Someone gimme his gun! Fall back into and around the ship. It'll make it easier to drag you inside and patch you up.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:17:28 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

"Holy fucking shit! This went south so fast!"

Try to forget that I just killed Groo, and shoot them with the shotgun. If the leech craft has a machine gun on it, use that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11