Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96267 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #2535 on: June 14, 2016, 08:17:43 pm »

"That's the thing!  I want to help you!  Not hurt you!  I could never...!"

Niamh seems awed by the dragon, instead of in fear of the dragon.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:29:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: June 14, 2016, 08:31:26 pm »

A large Icy wing grabs Niamh, hoisting her up and over towards the ice wall, "I told you I would protect my safety if you returned!" The Ice wall shatters as a terrifying ice dragon's head emerges.

The head then swivels to stare at Taros, "I know why you are here. Is this the beast you were looking for? Are you going to attempt to slay me, making my race truly extinct?"
Upon seeing the powerful form of the dragon, Taros mutters :
"So the rumor were true !..."

He quickly looked at Niamh, and then back at the head that just spoke to him. Looking at the Dragon was hard, as the cold air dried his eyes.
"You are indeed the Dragon I was looking for. But I didn't come to kill, see, I came as a sword-less knight !"

Taros decided to put some of his faith in Niamh's past words. In a way, he regretted having left his sword with Lillian. He shouted, trying to fight against the shivering of his voice :
"But Dragon ! You are not the mindless beast the watchmen spoke about ! As a knight, I have to know the truth ! If we can communicate, then heed my pleas for answers !"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:23 pm »

"...I asked him, pleaded for him to listen, to not merely strike blindly and become the monster we both abhor...Please.  Prove yourself right, prove that you are not what others fear you to be."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: June 14, 2016, 08:37:57 pm »

Lillian is very much trying not to shake while she's at the door. This fact is aided by her coat, and possibly the fact that she left the swords at the door (inside, not outside) because she physically couldn't carry them and thus is less likely to be seen as a threat.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:17 pm »

"So yer seekin to help lady Solynthir. So be it. Hop on. I'll take you to Miyva." Russel finishes his prep work and hops onto the wagon, waiting for Geliebte and company to climb up.

"Quiet, child of the Forest! you are no better than the humans who would slaughter me! And you, "Honerable Knight, tell me why I shouldn't devour both of you here and now?! My safety is already threatened, and my peaceful life is already gone. Why should I not become the monster your kind label me as?!" Solynthir roars, anger in her frozen voice.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: June 14, 2016, 08:45:54 pm »

Geliebte  nods and Pat's the boy on the head.
"Let's  go guys and thank you boy I'm Geliebte and I'm a holy Knight."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: June 14, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »

"Do I look like a boy to ye?" Indeed, If geliebte would note, he is a man roughly twice her age, if not older.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: June 14, 2016, 08:55:00 pm »

"Eh when you survived the stuff I have Even you look like just a boy to me if I learn more my opinion will probably change"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: June 14, 2016, 08:57:36 pm »

"I'm old enough to be yer grandpa, child, so I'll see ye give me the respect of knowing I'm old." Russel sounds agitated.

As soon as everyone has climbed on, Russel grabs the leads. With a lash of the leads, the horses take off, heading north of the town.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:59:59 pm by Sanure »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: June 14, 2016, 09:00:31 pm »

Beorhtric chooses not to comment on Geliebte's behavior and instead just hold on.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2545 on: June 14, 2016, 09:02:36 pm »

Caderyn, hearing the roar, hoists himself up off of his seat with a grunt of mixed pain and effort. He checks himself to ensure his weapons are secure (without particularly considering how he plans on actually using them), then starts toward the church.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: June 14, 2016, 09:07:42 pm »

Geliebte  sighs lightly and in a more sincere tone.
"sorry old man I dident mean to offend you all right.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: June 14, 2016, 09:09:52 pm »

"'Tis alright. I usually make the medicine run for Lady Solynthir, but I've been hounded the past few weeks with merchants coming in and horses needing shoes. this is the first time in almost a month I had time to visit Miyva."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: June 14, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »

"And how is that?  Have I hurt you?  Have I tried?  Could I ever?  Look into my spirit, since you know it better than I!  See that what I seek is peace and balance!  For all of us!

You should not become the monster others think you are because a monster you are not.

...If you truly think my death needful, that I am but a monster to be ended like you fear others think of you...May I ask a dying wish?  May I know who returns me to the soil from which I grew?  O she that would judge my soul, may I ask your name?"

Niamh is crying now, tears spiralling down her cheeks, tinkling, frozen, to the ground.

"If...If this ends as I fear...If I cannot be brought back, Lillian, you may have my material goods.

My family will know, if I am truly gone.  They needn't be told.

And...Should I die the final death here, I ask of you...Do not avenge me.  Thus I charge you all.  I wish to help her, even though it kills me in the process."

Niamh bows her head in contemplation, steeling herself for the worst and praying, not for herself, but for the others, for wisdom and peace for them.  Especially for the dragon.

One almost thinks they could hear a faint music in the susurrus of her prayer...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:21:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: June 14, 2016, 09:15:12 pm »

"Quiet, child of the Forest! you are no better than the humans who would slaughter me! And you, "Honerable Knight, tell me why I shouldn't devour both of you here and now?! My safety is already threatened, and my peaceful life is already gone. Why should I not become the monster your kind label me as?!" Solynthir roars, anger in her frozen voice.
Taros could feel the deep rage animating the Dragon. A very sad, lonely, and honest rage.

Now even his throat was beginning to dry. Speaking clearly was becoming painful.
"Because I know that once people let go of their hope, they will turn into the most wicked creatures of the world. And I feel your anger, your anger doesn't lie. You are no malevolent monster, only a lone soul who knew too much of despair. Yet I believe a part of you is still holding onto the hope of a peaceful life. But if you kill one of us, this hope will be lost forever, and with that you will become a monster. If I am right and you still have hope, you have to hear us out !"
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 183