Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96214 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #2565 on: June 14, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »

Caderyn instinctively slides backward at the roar, though only by an inch or two. "It depended on the story. Most of the princess-eating ones breathed fire, and yeah, the guy who dealt with the dragons was always lauded. I won't lie, most of them would have you think that dragons weren't up for much more than killing people. There was always something consistent between the stories, though, they were always the kings and queens of nature. Regal, powerful, that kind of thing. And smart, definitely smarter than most of the people they encountered.

I don't remember hearing a lot about frost dragons. I guess it's more exciting to tell a story about how you killed a terrible monster than about a kind being making way for some idiot who wandered too far into the wilderness either way, though. Still, I'd say I'm pretty lucky to have met one, even if you do decide to kill me now."
His tone is oddly lacking in the abject terror one might expect, though he clearly doesn't think he's sitting in the tavern still.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:16:52 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:41 pm »

"You are quite smart for a human. When humans tell their children stories, it is better to tell them of how a human slayed the terrible monster that threatened their existence. They let fear turn us into the monsters for their stories. We were bigger, so they would see us brought low. We were stronger, so they would hobble us. We were kinder, so they turned us into monsters." Sol seems to be getting angrier, and yet, a hint of sadness to her voice.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2567 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:07 pm »

"People like to set themselves up. I should know. Well, they don't like to set themselves up so much as be above stuff. If you can't climb up then all you can do is tear whatever and whoever's around you down. It's sad, really, but I guess that's just how we are. Damn shame, too, if you were all as nice as you say. Definitely doesn't sound like you're all the type to go burning down- well, freezing, I guess it'd be- villages and such. Still. . ."Caderyn attempts to pull himself to his feet, but his wounds, aggravated by the biting cold, seem to be impeding him, and he slides back down to his knees with a curse. "Damn. If you're about to pay us back for our lies, I'd at least like to be able to face you on my feet."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:54:07 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: June 14, 2016, 10:50:16 pm »

"They were that nice, Caderyn.  My stories come from my ancestors.  They were there.  They saw.  And while there are so few of them remaining, those of the winter evergreen, they remember.  I learned their lore, I, too, know.  Know how they fought us in their fear, how we fell, the frostblight upon the trees.

We are still charged to fight to save, to restore the balance.  I am charged to heal this wound to the Great Tree, the life we are all part of.  This is why I am here.  I know now.  I am here to help you."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: June 15, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »

Taros wakes up, half-stunned and the head in pain. Just in time to witness Caderyn conversing with the angry Ice Dragon.

He wobbles back on his feet, and says :
"Dragon, it is not too late. Death is not the way to salvation."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: June 16, 2016, 09:46:20 pm »

"Yes. I am aware of human ambition and narcissism quite well. My entire race. My beloved. My children. I searched for them after I reawoke. Looked for them. I found only corpses and trophies!" Then Niamh.

"Your people did naught but spread arrogance and misunderstanding! They intervened in a slaughter only leading the humans to become more agressive! Your blighted forests were your own fault, or would you as well blame my kind for the frostblight?!"

"Salvation?! What use do I have for salvation?! I am the last of my kind, forced by humans to accept that truth! There is no salvation for me!" She roars again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:57:59 pm by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2571 on: June 16, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »

Caderyn shakes his head, talking to himself. "At least I saw a dragon before I died, right? Talked with one even."[/color] He looks up and meets the dragon's gaze without flinching. "I suppose repaying kindness with death leads to this eventually. It's what any human would do: take revenge, abandon kindness for those that threw it into their face. Do your worst; I couldn't fight you, even if I wanted to."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: June 16, 2016, 10:18:08 pm »

"There is, because you are the last of your species. You must live in memory of those who disappeared."

Then Taros adds:
"There is something you may not know, but not all stories of Humans and Dragons tell of heroes vanquishing beasts. In my hometown, there was the legend telling of the love between a human hero and a dragon. Dragons of legends were never seen as malevolent beings from whence I come."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: June 16, 2016, 10:45:57 pm »

"Dragon, look upon me and see divinity itself, My cohorts and I are more than capable of aiding you.  There is none among man nor reality that would defy a goal backed by myself."

Browfen sees the majestic beast, and knows that it will clearly see in him the imprisoned godhood that he seeks.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: June 16, 2016, 10:51:32 pm »

"By all the gods, would you cease your ego complex while I think?  Go!  Begone!

...My apologies."

Niamh prods Browfen out the door before carefully stepping to the center.  She leans heavily upon her staff.

"...

...Taros, Caderyn, Lillian, Browfen, go from here.  It is my people that failed both humans and the ice dragons.  I do not want you to take upon yourself... *cough* a blame and penance that is ours to bear.  Go.  Go.  Go.

...I have no more to say.  I, we, we all, have failed, and I am to blame for it.  I offer myself to you, in exchange for leaving them, and the others, be.  Not harming them unless they attack first.  And I charge you, Taros, Lillian, Caderyn, Browfen especially, all of you, to not avenge me.  I would not wish this sacrifice to be mooted by violence.

...At least my last sight will be something of beauty.

Go.  Go.  Before...Whatever happens, happens.  I give myself for you.  Go."

Niamh throws her staff and sheathed dagger to Taros before falling to her knees, unable to stand properly in the icy, slippery cold with her current wounds or perhaps wishing to make one last prayer.

"Go.  Save yourselves, and leave me to face our sins.  Go.

Leave my atonement until they are gone.  Please."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: June 16, 2016, 10:58:24 pm »

With a shudder and few neighs, the cart comes to a halt in front of a lone cabin, smoke pouring out of the chimney, "Seems she's still awake. That's good." Russel hops out of the cart then looks back at the group, "Now, you all best mind your manner around her and don't ask about her. She doesn't like people prying." The door to the cabin opens up, and a young woman walks out, purple wisps floating around her. Russel smiles at her and walks over to her picking her up in a hug, "Miyva, my sweet!" "Russel, my love, it's been far too long. What has kept you from your visit?" "Work in town. we recieved goods from the south. Ah, where are my manners. These young folks here came to visit you. Brought you the token of Lady Solynthir." He pulls the coin from his pocket and hands it to Miyva, "I see. Please, everyone, come inside. I have the medicine for her." Miyva heads inside, while russel waits for everyone else.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: June 16, 2016, 11:00:51 pm »

Brofen shoves the aggressor to the ground.

"How dare you leaf monkey!"
He muscles back into the  limelight.

"Browfen, at your service."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:02:55 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: June 16, 2016, 11:01:27 pm »

Niamh refuses to be shoved.

"Browfen.  This is below your stature.  Go."

She sounds incredibly weary.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:07:10 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: June 16, 2016, 11:01:57 pm »

((Uh.... Shade I think you have wrong color?))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: June 16, 2016, 11:03:03 pm »

Beorhtric shrugs and hops out of the cart. He pauses as he is next to Russel to turn and speak to him.
"Quite the beauty you have yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 183