Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 183

Author Topic: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins  (Read 96197 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Frostfell Wastes IC: The Journey Begins
« Reply #2550 on: June 14, 2016, 09:19:57 pm »

"'Tis alright. I usually make the medicine run for Lady Solynthir, but I've been hounded the past few weeks with merchants coming in and horses needing shoes. this is the first time in almost a month I had time to visit Miyva."
"The world needs more people who do what you do.But in a less rude way I'm Geliebte holy Knight  and I hope we can swiftly find success."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 14, 2016, 09:21:38 pm »

[Diplomacy=Success]

"You do not know what it's like... Being the last of your kind... Knowing that even if you were once a mother... Speak then, Knight. Tell me what you will. Let your final actions be your voice." Solynthir tosses Niamh aside, the anger in her voice still present.

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2552 on: June 14, 2016, 09:24:36 pm »

Caderyn reaches the church, at some point. How long does it take him to find the room?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:48 pm »

If he follows the cold wind coming from inside, not very long.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2554 on: June 14, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »

He does so, then.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:12 pm »

Taros gulps in an attempt to moisturize his throat. Then he speaks up :
"Thank you for listening to my plea, Dragon. I am Taros Wardegis. I can't grasp the full extent of your sorrow, but know that I emphasize with a part of this pain. I apologize if my words will offend you, but I heard the following from the defenders of this town : you appeared here a week ago, and you took refuge here after killing some of their own. But this is the version of humans. I want to hear your version, I want to know your story. What happened for an Ice Dragon to appear here ?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 14, 2016, 09:39:39 pm »

Niamh hobbles to her feet, leaning heavily upon her staff.  She speaks quietly, though it echoes throughout the room.

"...Gnh...

When I was nine years old, my sister fell ill.  A blight.  We couldn't cure it.

She was dead before the day was out.  I... It hurt.  Deep within me.

I...Even with that...I cannot imagine your pain.

I shall pray for you."

Niamh kneels, a prayer in her native tongue rolling mournfully from her lips.  It entreats the world for peace, for closure, for regrowth.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:41:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 14, 2016, 09:41:35 pm »

"I've lived here for over ten years. Those humans outside this room... Only a handful even know I live here with them...I cannot leave this room because of those watchmen. A place I sought shelter has become my prison." As Sol is about to continue speaking, Caderyn wanders into the room. He is assualted by the coldness of the room, his injuries beginning to hurt more. greeted by the fearsome sight of the Ice dragon before him, Solynthir roars at his presence her temper flaring again, "Another human to torment me even further!" And a second roar.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 14, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »

"Caderyn.  Go.  She does not need more pain.  Guard the door.  Keep others from it."

The girl resumes her prayer.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:44:44 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2559 on: June 14, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »

Caderyn. . . pretty much just falls on his ass, for a variety of reasons. He's clearly afraid of the creature before him, but on his face, visible overtop the terror, is. . . wonder. "A frost dragon. . . I didn't think they still existed. Dad told the stories, of course, but to see one in person. . ." He doesn't seem to be making any motions toward his weapons, though.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:29 pm »

Taros knows he has no time to turn and speaks to Caderyn. He is leaving it to Niamh to convince him.

He kept speaking to Sol :
"Please wait ! From what you just said, I realize how ignorant and foolish were the watchmen ! There may be way for you to be free !"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 14, 2016, 09:52:04 pm »

"Caderyn.  Go.  Close the door.  She needs not more people, more pain, right now."
Sigtext

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 14, 2016, 09:57:23 pm »

[Diplomacy= Draw]

Sol quickly loses interest in Taros, turning to Caderyn instead.
"You, boy, these stories your father told you. What did they involve? Did they say how My kind killed and slaughtered humans? Did they tell you that My kind were ferocious and dangerous? Did they tell that the humans were courageous for slaying us?! I bet it didn't tell you that my kind was peaceful. That we loved humans like our own. How we gave up our own lands so the fledgling race could survive. OUR KINDNESS WAS REWARDED DEATH!" Sol Roars again, accidentally knocking Taros aside with her tail as she emerges further from the room behind her.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:01:35 pm by Sanure »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 14, 2016, 10:06:39 pm »

"My mother told me stories, too.  Of noble dragons, of those few brave souls, most of them ours, who defended them.  Of their losses, of how they kept fighting, defending, seeking to save.  Many a great tree was theirs, now reduced to hulks and stumps.  We remember.  We know.  We still hurt from it.  Every day, I make a prayer in the morning.  For all those noble lost.

We are the few that remain.  We grew from but a single seed, hidden, planted, nurtured by those too old to fight, those whose memories we still hold.  But we, too, remember.  Even if we do not know your pain, we remember it."
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 14, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »

*Taros is knocked aside*

He stands back up, waiting for Caderyn's answer.

He hits on the floor and falls unconscious. (I have to absent myself)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:16:15 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 183