Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48845 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 2 discovers Coral
« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2016, 07:35:46 pm »

I believe Persus13 is the second scum and he bussed Flabort at the end of day 2 for no real good reason after trying to get BHK for the first half of the day even though BHK explained his reason for voting O.Wilde

I am suspicious of TDS and think he is an arso trying to hide as a pro town person

Everyone else is town in my opinion.

Role flavour:  I'm eager to exchange ideas with others ergo my posts change more severely, (+1 step whenever my posts are changed either direction)

I will bring up posts for my argument when not PFP.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:58:44 am by Mephansteras »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 18, 2016, 07:37:11 pm »

I believe Persus13 is the second scum and he bussed Flabort at the end of day 2 for no real good reason after trying to get BHK for the first half of the day even though BHK explained his reason for voting O.Wilde

I am suspicious of TDS and think he is an arso trying to hide as a pro town person

Everyone else is town in my opinion.

Role flavour:  I'm eager to exchange ideas with others ergo my posts change more severely, (+1 step whenever my posts are changed either direction)

I will bring up posts for my argument when not PFP.
But Persus was on Flabort for nearly the entire day? Or was that someone else, let me check.
Either way, a Third Party doesn't stick out for anyone but themselves. With the absence of real evidence, TDS is the safest lynch.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2016, 08:42:52 pm »

What DA is trying to point out is that his role only purifies himself, so he can't purify your posts even if he wanted to. So why did you feel the need to claim your role on Day 2 when it wasn't necessary for you to do so at all?

Also Flabort, have you done anything productive today at all.
Persus didn't vote Flavort till after the first extension when there was already a 2 person bandwagon on Flabort and he was the only one voting BHK.  Combined with those facts this reason for voting, which he does explain, though not very well, basically saying Flabort and me haven't been very active then pressures Flabort, even though he questions me in the post.(not quoted)
Also Flabort, have you done anything productive today at all.

Persus13: Why are you joining the current lynch bandwagon with no read justification? There are lots of people who haven't done much today and flabort's only distinguishing feature in this regard is that other people are voting for him.
Sorry for the confusion, there's supposed to be a question mark at the end of that sentence, which I just realized didn't make it. I'm voting flabort to ensure he saw my question. In regards to productivity, fillipk's posted 3 times; you've posted 4 times. Flabort's posted twice. Granted fillipk's only posts are shorter and have done nothing except attack flabort, but compared to his day 1, two posts is pretty abysmal. Thanks for the vote, it made me take the time out of studying for finals to use the lurker tracker to check out some posts and come up with a question for fillipk.
All of this makes his vote seem like a distancing vote when it looked like the lynch was going to go towards Flabort.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:59:45 am by Mephansteras »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:42 pm »

Could you tell me why/how BHK is confirmed townie? Because that would change my view quite a bit.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:39 pm »

Bah. Should have asked for a replacement before diving off the deep end.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 18, 2016, 09:55:13 pm »

Could you tell me why/how BHK is confirmed townie? Because that would change my view quite a bit.
OSG: There are, basically, two parts to Deus's statement, as said in his reads:
*Flabort, pretty clearly the wide-damage corrupter, had a role completely separate from the Town Role list in the rules post.  This indicates scum separation from said list.
*I, a pretty-much-confirmed Flowing River disciple, have confirmed BHK's Flowing River claim (as in, his claim was completely accurate to the rules and flavour in my role PM).

I, personally, wouldn't say he's outright confirmed (there's a slim chance, in my eyes, that scum gets roles in the Town Role list), but when you consider the other evidence in his favour, he's quite close.
Well, I know that just saying, "I don't like you, therefore die." Is certainly not a very constructive or informative action.
BlackHeartKabal
OSG: I'd like to see you say why the evidence against BHK outweighs the evidence I see in his favour, as summarized in my reads, please.
If you keep up your case, I still want a response here.

fillipk: I notice you haven't commented on Persus's Third Eye claim in your case.  Do you have anything to say about that?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 18, 2016, 09:58:51 pm »

Sure, Persus why didn't you bring that up the day before instead of voting for inactivity, because right now it looks like a fake claim/ Mafia rolecop thing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:00:26 pm by Mephansteras »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:48 pm »

EBWOP: I just realized who and how many people are left and it looks like the two Mafia choices are me and Persus, everyone else being third party or most likely town.  We have both behaved kinda scummy, I posted like twice day 2, and Persus had this weird bandwagon claim thingy. 

If you guys would like we can wait till the next day to figure out which one of us is scum, testing my role interaction during the night and lynch the third party today.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:00:44 pm by Mephansteras »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2016, 10:02:56 pm »

So are you saying he has the exact same role as you?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »

If you guys would like we can wait till the next day to figure out which one of us is scum, testing my role interaction during the night and lynch the third party today.

Or we lynch one of you today and the other tomorrow, which is much easier. If you're scum and are as confident as you are, you'd have some way around the test you're encouraging. However, I'm curious: What kind of test do you suggest? Should I target a corrupted post and then you spread it?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2016, 10:31:18 pm »

EBWOP

TDS: what's the reasoning behind your power taking on different colours depending on the corruption status of the power if your power also removes corruption?

If it's affecting a normal post, the post turns purple. If it affects a corrupted post, it turns firebrick. I'm not sure about orange, but it's probably an interaction between either purity and purple or corruption and firebrick. The colors seem to only be indicators of all the things that have happened to a post over the course of a night - any posts that are purple, firebrick, and apparently orange count the same in the corruption vs other colors balance.

In light of what Jack has said, I'll unvote. The flavor is unusual enough in this game that even the general outline will vary a lot. BHK is still a bit suspicious, but to be scum he'd either have to know the town flavor or the scum flavor would have to be nearly identical to the town flavor, which seems really unlikely.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »

So are you saying he has the exact same role as you?
OSG: Yes.  Please pay attention to the game.  He claimed Flowing River (my role), and his claim included accurate action details (the 7-post limit being one) and a perfect paraphrase of the flavour.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:21 am »

I'm not sure how much I believe that. It seems odd to me that there are 2 identical roles in the game. The way I see it:

BHK is able to see your role, and copied it.
There actually are two roles the exact same.
You might have been lying.

I suppose that your claim makes me more comfortable about BHK. Here's my current read list with that information.

Town:
Origamiscienceguy
Deus Asmoth (wellspring claim makes sense. Could be third party, but I doubt scum.)

Jack AT (It is possile you could have lied and just copied BHK's claim.)
Fillipk (Neutral to me)

BHK (Not certain about him)
TheDarkStar (seems fishy to me.)
Scum

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2016, 10:35:09 am »

Or we lynch one of you today and the other tomorrow, which is much easier. If you're scum and are as confident as you are, you'd have some way around the test you're encouraging. However, I'm curious: What kind of test do you suggest? Should I target a corrupted post and then you spread it?
Ah but we have a 100% chance not to lynch town today but voting you and a 50% if we try the gamble between me and Persus.  I could, or I could be town and quite confident the test will clear me since I haven't lied, and anyway my power only effects my posts so it's easier to corrupt/uncorrupt me, as far as I know this doesn't apply to other posts.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2016, 10:54:10 am »

Ah but we have a 100% chance not to lynch town today but voting you and a 50% if we try the gamble between me and Persus.  I could, or I could be town and quite confident the test will clear me since I haven't lied, and anyway my power only effects my posts so it's easier to corrupt/uncorrupt me, as far as I know this doesn't apply to other posts.

But we also have a 100% chance not to lynch scum today if you pick me. If we lynch you or Persus, on the other hand, we have a 50% chance to lynch scum. Actually, how about this: We lynch Persus first. If he's town, we lynch you. This way, we're basically sure to have lynched the scum in 2 and not 3 days and the town doesn't end up in LyLo if both of you are town.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:01:20 pm by Mephansteras »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29