Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48884 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 2 discovers Coral
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2016, 05:01:26 pm »

Mature.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »

Right, so what you're saying is that moving to interact with you less is immature, so the mature thing to do would be disrupt the game further and argue with you, correct?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2016, 05:07:59 pm »

Right, so what you're saying is that moving to interact with you less is immature, so the mature thing to do would be disrupt the game further and argue with you, correct?
Yes. Because that makes meaningfull content that others can use to decide which one of you they agree with, rather than just looking at your opinion post and try to come up with content elsewhere.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »

Yes. Because that makes meaningfull content that others can use to decide which one of you they agree with, rather than just looking at your opinion post and try to come up with content elsewhere.
I don't really like to argue with people, but from what I've seen, there's no middle ground with Deus either. And from what I know from dealing with people who speak like Deus, he's just going to step over me if I just submit and say "I'll change my playstyle accordingly" or somewhere along that.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2016, 05:16:39 pm »

Well, I know that just saying, "I don't like you, therefore die." Is certainly not a very constructive or informative action.

BlackHeartKabal
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2016, 05:21:49 pm »

So why do you excuse him for the same action?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

BHK. I find it annoying when people do that.
You find it annoying when a power role acts like they have a sense of self preservation before they're publicly known, and are using being annoyed as your justification for voting me?
1. Every player in this game has a power role.
2. Saying that you're more worthy of preservation than other people is more likely to draw attention to yourself from scum if you're town.
3. Saying "If I die, it'll be really bad for everyone else, trust me" is fear mongering and scummy.
4. You're not committing to any case before you get a green light by someone else making that case first (see your FoS on Jack so that you could pursue a case on him later without it looking suspicious rather than just voting for him if you thought he was suspicious).
5. Yes, I also voted for you because the "I'm super important to the town, don't be suspicious of me" schtick annoys me. Does that irritate you?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »

To be honest, I'd prefer we get back to the game, instead of a stupid argument that's starting to mix into the game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2016, 05:49:58 pm »

So why do you excuse him for the same action?
I'm voting for you of my own accord. Deus Asmoth has his own reasons to vote you.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »

BHK: Two things.  One's in the spoiler.  The other is more important.  Test setup: ask Meph the following question by PM:
"Suppose you have three posts: A, B, and C.  A is Corrupted, B is Tainted, and C is Normal.  A includes a quote of B and B quotes C.
Two Flowing Rivers are acting in the night.  One pours A and the other pours B.  Assuming nothing else happens in the night, what is the resulting state of posts A, B, and C?"

Do not reveal the answer in-thread.

Well, I know that just saying, "I don't like you, therefore die." Is certainly not a very constructive or informative action.
BlackHeartKabal
OSG: I'd like to see you say why the evidence against BHK outweighs the evidence I see in his favour, as summarized in my reads, please.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »

[spoiler=Comments on Norms, Self-Preservation, and Such]
And unless someone other than you would like to come forward with tips to my playstyle, then I'm going to what I think is just, and keep it up to spite you. If not for this being a mafia game, I'd start ignoring your posts too.
I'll come forward.  What's happened here is pretty simple, I think: you tripped over some local norms, the most important being one about image-driven play.  Basically, scum is expected to prioritize looking town in its day game, while town is expected to prioritize catching scum (with image being, at most, secondary).  The result: disapproval of players making scumhunting decisions based on how they would look to the town.  Then you did the "I'm an important PR" defense, which is associated here mostly with the idea of scum trying to appeal their way out of being lynched, after scum trying that enough times (and it kind of undermined your effort not to get noticed by the scum).

These norms do not mean that you shouldn't try to avoid being killed as a powerful PR, of course, but they do shape the set of effective strategies.

There are basically two major ways to avoid unwanted attention.  One, lurking, isn't fun and everyone hates it.  Don't do it.  The other is to look, well, average.  Be in the mushy middle of town play.  Don't hold back because you think acting would 'look odd' (this is itself a way to stick out from the crowd), but don't be one of the main forces driving the game forward.  Question, attack, argue, fight...play pretty much like a normal player.  Add new material when your attack would otherwise be identical to someone else's.

And never, ever say you were trying not to look odd.  That looks odd.
Lovely. I'll put that in Notepad, thank you.
Back to the game, now we have Deus having quoted the posts. But did Deus quote as many tainted posts as he could? I thought there were more.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2016, 06:46:35 pm »

BlackHeartKabal
OSG, are you advocating a policy lynch on someone who's essentially confirmed as town here?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2016, 06:49:16 pm »

BHK: Deus quoted seven posts just now.  One was one of your corrupted posts, five were posts that quoted a ton of posts (great for spreading), and one's a Persus post (testing).

I'm thinking a good approach may be for one of us to pour the other corrupted post (getting rid of the corruption, in exchange for a tiny bit of taint) and the other, designated via a question about Meph's answer, handling Post 221, which the Wellspring would purify.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2016, 07:09:27 pm »

BlackHeartKabal
OSG, are you advocating a policy lynch on someone who's essentially confirmed as town here?
Confirmed town? Where?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2016, 07:18:53 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: origamiscienceguy, TheDarkStar
fillipk: Deus Asmoth
origamiscienceguy: Jack A T
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal, Persus13

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29