Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48873 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2016, 06:48:36 pm »

BHK: From a town perspective, you would know who can handle some extra corruption/who doesn't top the list of possible scum automatically when past three corrupted posts.  From a scum perspective, you would know who not to corrupt.
Why ask me?
I know the answer, already. Why would I want to know who the Disciple of Iron Will is? In case the Wellspring dies, I can use the Disciple of Iron Will if he concents as a sort of corruption sink.

Information and ideas, they move about so much. But they have to be directed, be controlled, be orderly. I have the power to do that. The control of the flow of ideas is under my portfolio. It is under the portfolio of the Disciple of the Flowing River. I can pour the aspect of a post to up to seven quotes that the post has quoted. It isn't spread very much, but when an idea flows freely, and is reinforced? They grow far greater.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2016, 06:56:29 pm »

Quick post, still writing reads.

I can confirm that what BHK claimed is exactly what a Disciple of the Flowing River is, complete with the correct number of quotes (to clarify/to back my claim up, it pours specifically to the first seven quotes in the target post).  The summary is even a pretty clear rewording of the flavour.

I'm Flowing River too.  Did nothing N1, poured 116 N2.

BHK: Actions N1 and N2?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »

I have done nothing productive all game. N1 for obvious reasons, N2 because I didn't want to mess with the Corruption and red, and the Clear post didn't quote anyone. Which is why I'm asking the Wellspring to quote corruption.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2016, 07:01:26 pm »

Another quick post: just got a PM from Meph.  Apparently when I pour a post, it loses its colouration and turns back to normal.

Would have been great if that was in the role PM, but okay, that explains why 116 is normal.  Hm.  Third probably went for 116 as well.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »

Pour takes effect after aspect shifts, it should be noted.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:54 pm »

Pour takes effect after aspect shifts, it should be noted.
Which lets us clean up the other posts if the Wellspring works with us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:48 pm »

My Reads:
*Deus Asmoth: Strong town.  All in-thread behaviour is consistent with Wellspring, particularly writing post 116.  Unlikely for anything else to purify, and the hostiles were clearly separately active when Deus's post got purified N1.
*BHK: Strong town.  His decision to follow others in voting is consistent with Big Top Mafia town meta, which was itself consistent with old EpicMafia meta.  He may stick out like a sore thumb by trying not to stick out, but that's in character for him.  Also, he forgot scumchat.  In addition, the scum's trying to kill him.  Finally, his claim's accurate to the role he claimed.
*fillipk: Most likely not part of the scumteam.  Mild town.  He was voting flabort from the start of D2, never leaving even as flabort was on the verge of being lynched.  It would be a damned strange time to bus that hard in any setup, let alone in one where the scum's NK-equivalent is clearly spread throughout the scumteam.  His play fits his meta, but is still sort of shallow.  Started the O. Wilde third party theory, but wanted to see what Wilde did next before voting (and, in the end, did not vote).  His search for scum D2 seems legitimate, though, and got him the right target.

*Persus13:  Most likely not part of the scumteam.  Bit of a third party read, though.  Competent, thoughtful, attentive, bland.  Made a well-thought-out case against BHK D2, then abruptly flipped to flabort for inactivity about 26 hours from the end of the day.  This did ensure flabort was lynched, though.  I find it hard to see that as bussing in this setup at that time.

*OSG: Off-neutral read. Claimed Iron Will D2, a good fakeclaim role, but started the claiming process unprompted and unnecessarily.  There's been an intense nothingness at the heart of his play, but he's been knee deep in exams for almost all of it.  Endless heaps of posts (the most in the game), but little content and depth even in aggregate.  Was not voting at the end of D1, and did not vote at all D2.
*TDS: Mild scum read. Even more of a non-entity, drifting in the background and contributing almost nothing to the game.  Has shown a lack of care in his daygame, too, with highlights including an unvote for reasons irrelevant to the vote and a FoS for Persus not voting for the player Persus was voting for.  Main real contribution: a reasonable vote for Persus when Persus leapt to flabort.  Entirely avoided the end of D1 and was not voting then, but was busy.

TDS for now.  Let's see his answers/reads/claim/etc...

Persus13: Why did you move your vote from BHK to flabort yesterday?
OSG: Just how much more corruption than normal can you tank?  Also, why did you not vote D2?
Unvote now that O. Wilde has explained the counting.
TDS: What did this unvote have to do with O. Wilde's counting?  It was the removal of an RVS vote on BHK, and you weren't exactly a contributor to the countdown discussion.  Also, based on the material available at the time, who would you have lynched D1 and why?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:32 pm »

Jack: I would prefer not to give out exact details of how much I can tank, but I think you understand why.

I lost track of the time day 2. I was debating voting Persus, but his claim that it was a question justified his flabort vote in my oppinion. And Flabort was scum, so I am inclined to believe him. I am really tired right now. I have suspiciouns of blackHeartKabal but I would need to hunt a bit to find the evidence to show it. I'll do that at another time.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »

Sorry, I had a problem getting on the forums Monday Night, not an excuse because I could have tried my phone so I'm sorry.  Give me a bit to get some reads on everyone and then I'll post them.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2016, 10:05:13 pm »

Oh and I'm a Disciple of the Open Mind
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2016, 10:18:20 pm »

Reads:
Deus Asmoth Strong town read.
Jack A T: Strong town, but that's my usual read on him, so take that with a grain of salt. However, his flabort vote places him pretty solidly in the town camp.
Fillipk: I think he's town?

OSG: Blank slate. Claim was a little weird.

BHK: Still seems kindof scummy to me, but there's bigger fish to fry
TDS: Needs to start talking, fast. What's your role, what have you done the past few nights?

Competent, thoughtful, attentive, bland.
Congratulations, you just described me in four words.

Persus13: Why did you move your vote from BHK to flabort yesterday?
I'm a disciple of a Third Eye. Flabort targeted me N1. Seemed pretty obvious he was sucm, but I wanted to pressure BHK to see his reaction first, then pivot to flabort once BHK satisfactorily answered my question.
Flabort downplaying the theory that his red post was the cause of the problem, and quoting a bunch of tainted posts started ringing alarm bells in my head, and helped confirm to me he was scum. Plus the fact that he was surprisingly unhelpful D1 and D2.

BHK: Can you explicitly state who you targeted N2?

Well, I am inclined to believe Persus is not scum, since I don't think scum would condemn one of their own when there was no serious danger.
Flabort was going to be lynched when I voted him, and considering that the D1 lynch was made with two people, I still could have bussed him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2016, 10:22:20 pm »

BHK: Can you explicitly state who you targeted N2?
Nobody. I plan to siphon some of my corruption off on the Disciple of Iron Will or the Wellspring themselves to remove it from play tonight, but I might do something else if a better idea is bought up.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2016, 10:31:05 pm »

I'll answer other questions later, but I'll claim my role/actions now.

I'm a third party (I have no role name as far as I can tell). I need more posts my colors (=firebrick, purple, and apparently orange) than corrupted to win. I also have two powers: color a post firebrick/purple (depending on its corruption status) and spread all colors in a target post to the first seven quotes. If a post was corrupted and had its color changed, it is no longer corrupted. In effect, I'm like a Wellspring who can target any post and like a Flowing River.

I'm responsible for the firebrick and orange colors. The orange appears to be because my actions got mixed with purity. The firebrick was because I targeted a post that got corrupted. Other than affecting the color balance of the game (and reverting corruption), the colors don't do anything.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:18 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile