Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48721 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2016, 01:04:59 pm »

Origami - Did you claim Iron Will so early due to your corruption resistance making you an effective miller?
There aren't any investigation roles (that I know of) so I don't see how I could possibly be a miller. Please elaborate.
Meph told us that scum are immune to corruption. You are resistant to it. Wouldn't someone not exploding at 3 corrupted posts be cause for alarm?

Jack A T - Why would I particularly want to know who the disciple of Iron Will is?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:03:25 pm by Mephansteras »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2016, 01:42:28 pm »

No, that wasn't on my mind at all when I claimed. It's hard to remember what I was thinking back then, but I think I was trying to WIFOM the scum into targetting me instead of someone else, and make any protectiony thingies go to someone else.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2016, 04:19:17 pm »

BHK. I find it annoying when people do that.
You find it annoying when a power role acts like they have a sense of self preservation before they're publicly known, and are using being annoyed as your justification for voting me?
1. Every player in this game has a power role.
2. Saying that you're more worthy of preservation than other people is more likely to draw attention to yourself from scum if you're town.
3. Saying "If I die, it'll be really bad for everyone else, trust me" is fear mongering and scummy.
4. You're not committing to any case before you get a green light by someone else making that case first (see your FoS on Jack so that you could pursue a case on him later without it looking suspicious rather than just voting for him if you thought he was suspicious).
5. Yes, I also voted for you because the "I'm super important to the town, don't be suspicious of me" schtick annoys me. Does that irritate you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »

5. Yes, I also voted for you because the "I'm super important to the town, don't be suspicious of me" schtick annoys me. Does that irritate you?

My opinion of you has gone from a competent player to a Roo-tier vig magnet from that single sentence, an explanation why should be unnecessary.

It's morton's fork, damned if I do, damned if I don't and I'd rather bide time looking at posts, past and future, than jumping on a bandwagon. Lynching townies is integral to the process of the game due to it's nature, but I do my best to avoid unnecessary lynches, since that gives the town more time, and you should know how valuable time can be.

Your pot and kettle metaphor? Everyone's a pot, then. The first thing that came to your mind with my last few posts was the line of thought asking if you should ask me my role (It, and this entire related subject has gotten way larger than I thought, by the way). But you didn't. What reason would you have to not question my role (which has been a major part of my defensive case), unless you didn't want to-
Wait for it.
Draw attention to yourself?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2016, 06:02:21 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: Deus Asmoth
flabort: fillipk, Jack A T, Persus13
Jack A T: flabort
Persus13: BlackHeartKabal, TheDarkStar 

After a good bit of debate, you end with a decision to banish flabort from the Mindscape. A wave of Anger emanates from him, and you are forced to lock wills to shove him out.

After he is gone, the elder's mind whispers into yours. "The echos are changed, and I think you have chosen well. The echos of corruption have lessened as well as a..fraying of thoughts. I believe he was a Gnawer of Roots. Nasty sort. We're much better off with his like gone." 

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:02 pm »

A new day. More corruption. And more...change. The purity is gone, and something new has arrived where much of the purity and corruption was before.

But what?

Day 3 has started. It will go until ~4pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2016, 06:07:46 pm »

Quick roundup post first:
Spoiler: D2 status (click to show/hide)
What's Changed:
#28, 29, 32, 33, 34 no longer Tainted, now Coral-colour (orangeish, almost certainly tied to Firebrick).
#36 no longer Clear, now Coral-colour.
#38 no longer Firebrick-colour, now Normal
#180 (BHK) is now Corrupted

What, of Note, Didn't Change
#35 is still Corrupted
#116 (DA) is still Normal
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2016, 06:15:38 pm »

Ugh.
Mephansteras, would transfer of the status of a normal post to a corrupted post lower it's level of corruption?
Origami - Did you claim Iron Will so early due to your corruption resistance making you an effective miller?
There aren't any investigation roles (that I know of) so I don't see how I could possibly be a miller. Please elaborate.
Meph told us that scum are immune to corruption. You are resistant to it. Wouldn't someone not exploding at 3 corrupted posts be cause for alarm?

Jack A T - Why would I particularly want to know who the disciple of Iron Will is?

BlackHeartKabal: Those are interesting interpretations.  Now, why did I ask those questions?
I'm neither Jack A T, nor am I pretending to be Jack A T. Only you know the specific reason why you asked those questions. If I could hazard a guess, you wanted to see how I would interpret those questions. Perhaps you're planning to do something with your role?

Maybe you're corrupted,
Jack. How do I know you aren't a mafia Disciple of the Open Mind, or a Disciple of the Flowing River, building up quotes to ignite everyone with your friends like some cobbled together patchwork arsonist?

Maybe you're a town Disciple of Iron Will, or a Disciple of the Polished Stone, building up quotes to bait the corrupters?

I haven't seen much of you. Depending on what you do, I can build up a preliminary read on you for future games, depending on what you turn over as, if you get kicked out of the mindscape, by corruption, vote, choice, or victory.

I'm quoting these in case I can.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2016, 06:18:51 pm »

No.
Come play Mafia with us!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »

What about a completely pure post?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »

EBWOP - Or a clear one?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

Posts with effects can have those effects transferred to other posts to change the various levels, yes.
Come play Mafia with us!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »

Well, I am inclined to believe Persus is not scum, since I don't think scum would condemn one of their own when there was no serious danger.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2016, 06:24:55 pm »

Posts with effects can have those effects transferred to other posts to change the various levels, yes.
Excellent.

Deus- If you're a Wellspring, I need you to quote corrupted posts, and then purify the post you used to quote.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2016, 06:32:40 pm »

Hitting flabort really hit the scumteam hard: they got no broad taint done last night.  Only one focused corruption and likely 116 shenanigans (it, a pretty attractive post with the Wellspring acting on it, ended up normal).  At this point, they are now officially two thirds of the way to their first nightkill, and it's already D3.

Our third party (see the rules, two lines below the colour guide), it's worth noting, is quite active.  The Firebrick-colour on flabort is gone, but there's a ton of orange Coral-coloured posts now.  At least they used to be tainted, mostly.

I'll call for two things at this point.
Everyone: Reads?  I'll put my read list together as my next post, but I want reads from everyone.

Second will be more controversial, I'm guessing.
I propose a massclaim.  We've got two nights worth of actions/information, a public record of some of their effects, and at least two individuals guaranteed to lie.  We've got a third party coralizing unnervingly and a scumteam on the verge of getting its first nightkill.  We even have time for some puzzlesolving after the massclaim, with the rate of NKs and the dead scum.
Everyone: Any thoughts?

Deus: What do you know about what happened with 116?
BHK: From a town perspective, you would know who can handle some extra corruption/who doesn't top the list of possible scum automatically when past three corrupted posts.  From a scum perspective, you would know who not to corrupt.
Why ask me?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29