Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Stone Age Design Game (War - Turn 9 - Design Phase)  (Read 28756 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »

Fire should already be a thing. Y'all have been eating raw meat this entire time.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »

Fire should already be a thing. Y'all have been eating raw meat this entire time.

+1 for fire

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2016, 07:08:18 pm »

Fire has about ten votes allready. The issue is what to choose for the other two things developed this turn.

Currently, we have three votes for spear throwers, two for pottery, dog taming, and celtic axes
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2016, 07:19:44 pm »

Well.. Flip a coin or something? Roll a dice? Spin a bottle?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »

We should tame Dogs.

Get Man's best friend into the picture to help ward off dangerous predators and help us hunt.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2016, 09:24:37 pm »

I will never understand the urge to reinvent the wheel in these things. Alt-history is where it gets good! Let's hunt the dogs and use them to tame the tigers! Lets use Deer as our riding animals and beast-of-burden and declare the horses as sacred and must not be interfered with! Sure, tigers may not have the same join-the-pack thing that canines have, but just think of the awesome tiger-human pairing and the tiger-based nobility with the tiger--deprived rabble...

Or we could just forgo domestication completely. I mean, what sort of heretic cavorts with these xenoes anyway?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2016, 09:58:32 pm »

I will never understand the urge to reinvent the wheel in these things. Alt-history is where it gets good! Let's hunt the dogs and use them to tame the tigers! Lets use Deer as our riding animals and beast-of-burden and declare the horses as sacred and must not be interfered with! Sure, tigers may not have the same join-the-pack thing that canines have, but just think of the awesome tiger-human pairing and the tiger-based nobility with the tiger--deprived rabble...

Or we could just forgo domestication completely. I mean, what sort of heretic cavorts with these xenoes anyway?
how do you propose we tame a Roar?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:59 pm »

I was saving them for after we get grain stockpiles we need to protect from vermin...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2016, 10:15:58 pm »

For the most part there's a reason things happened the way they did in history. Taming tigers is asking to get people hurt and killed, in a time when you could NOT afford any kind of injury.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2016, 11:16:00 pm »

Still waiting for fire and some kind of storehouse. Or do y'all want your supplies and raw-ass meat to get rained on and/or spoiled?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:33:31 pm by Lermfish »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2016, 11:42:34 pm »

Still waiting for fire and some kind of storehouse. Or do y'all want your supplies and raw-ass meat to get rained on and/or spoiled?
We already have huts, so sheltering goods is not actually a concern.

Pottery will have to come later since we need pain light first. These are the three designs I think we ought to go with this turn:
Name: Pain Light
Description: Fire. Made by rubbing two sticks together among dry grass.
Resources: Stick, Grass

Name: Basket
Description: River reeds (straws) are peeled apart and weaved together like "this and that" while they're still fresh, and when they dry you end up with sturdy containers. Good for storing things and moving more than is possible with just hands.
Resources: Straw

Name: Chop Stick
Description: A celtic axe. Essentially a rock shoved through a hole in a hard stick, with straws tied around the head to make it stronger. Makes cutting small trees more efficient, and cutting bigger trees possible.
Resources: Sharp Rock, Stick, Straw
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:44:09 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »

Below is a list of all the suggestions made.  Pain Light is not included as that is voted on enough to win.  Therefore, pick two, and please bold which ones you are voting for.  May wind up picking up the pace in the future by having two phases, suggestion and voting, each having a 1 day timer, in order to keep the pace up and so we don't fall into these lulls.

Detoxicated's Suggestion
Roll Disc

Aseaheru's Suggestions
Farming
Pottery
Dogs
Throwing Stick
Stick Launcher

Gunninanrunnin's Non-Pain Light Suggestions
Chop Stick
Basket

RAM's Suggestion
Hidey Pit

Sanctume's Suggestions
Chop Poke
Salt
Dried Meat
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:29:59 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2016, 03:28:03 pm »

Highly Opinionated Fool

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Age Design Game (Need votes to decide upon next designs)
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:37 pm »

Fair enough.

+1 to Salt & Dried Meat.

It's about time we expanded our meaty cuisine.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:14:58 pm by Ultimuh »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2016, 05:48:57 pm »

And thus did the tribe of Moskurg begin there long love affair with tigers...
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15