Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151486 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: British Brexit Thread: Hype replacement bus services in operation
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2016, 12:57:02 pm »

I don't recall anyone arguing Trump should be killed.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

I don't recall anyone arguing Trump should be killed.
Was it that unanimous? X]
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »

what kind of idiot shouts out their slogan while doing something like that without once thinking it just might damage their cause?
Every Islamic terrorist ever?

Brexit has its share of angry people, no doubt, some of whom probably aren't the most stable of individuals. But Remain has people who are convinced they're on some moral crusade to save the world from evil.

It seems much more likely for someone in one of those groups to act up before the vote, and for someone in the other to act up after it - assuming it didn't go their way.
Look, m8, at this point no-one has the relevant facts yet, so there are basically two theories that you can leverage to bash the Remain camp: either the media and eyewitness reports of the attacker's motives were faked in a coordinated disinformation campaign, or the entire tragedy and everyone/everything involved were part of a dirty big false flag conspiracy. You've got a technically plausible "common-sense" theory on one hand, and an ultra-tinfoil reptilian fantasy on the other. As anyone can tell you, the former theory is very likely to persuade a lot of people with a healthy dose of ... let's call it "skepticism"... but the latter is unlikely to persuade anyone who isn't currently committed into an insane asylum.

And yet it still seems you want to bet on the losing horse... :(

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »

Neither one is even remotely convincing to me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2016, 02:28:16 pm »

From what little is yet known, seems like he was just a mentally ill loner devoid of political interests. that "Britian First" shout probably never actually happened.

The "liberal" media is all over this even less than two hours after she was killed, declaring it "democracy darkest day", a "political assassination" and an "Attack on humanity, Idealism and democracy", but when Muslim terrorists, who have either been questioned or imprisoned for connections to Islamic terrorists, who posts on facebook as they kill while supplying their motives and who shouts Islamic battle cries when killing, it's either homophobia, personal grudge or insert-any-other-motive-here besides the one the killers declare themselves.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2016, 02:42:50 pm »

It should be obvious why the assassination of political representatives for their views is a big problem.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:54 pm »

Yeah, if this was indeed a political assassination, but was it? not sure at all.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2016, 02:53:37 pm »

Multiple eyewitnesses have said her assailant was shouting "Britain first" as he performed the attack, and Jo Cox was a prominent Remain campaigner. It seems very likely at this stage that the attack was politically motivated.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »

So, big question. How exactly are either side going to deal with this? How are the Bremainers going to milk it for as much as possible, and how are the Brexiters going to turn it into "not their problem"?
This is a blank sig.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2016, 03:41:25 pm »

Multiple eyewitnesses said they didn't hear any of those shouts despite being near the incident. in a fair trial this testimony could not hold a case.

In any case, this will probably get revealed as the bloke gets questioned. it still amuses me how the "liberal" media rushes to yet unsubstantial conclusions when it fits their agenda and absolutely goes through loops to avoid reaching conclusions based on substantial evidence.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:01 pm »

I haven't seen any such reports, can you source that?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

I've not seen the "Liberal Media" jumps to conclusion that fast. Sure they reported the "Britain First" shout, like they'd report "witnesse claims the gunner shouted Allah Uakbahr".

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2016, 03:58:56 pm »

Didn't see any such reports of what?

I've not seen the "Liberal Media" jumps to conclusion that fast. Sure they reported the "Britain First" shout, like they'd report "witnesse claims the gunner shouted Allah Uakbahr".

Those quotes i gave before were actual quotes and that's jumping to conclusions.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2016, 04:16:41 pm »

Reports of
Multiple eyewitnesses said they didn't hear any of those shouts despite being near the incident.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2016, 04:18:46 pm »

Apart maybe from "political assassination" (And, well, she was assassinated and she's a politician), they all seems like platitude rather than jumping to conclusion.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 107