Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151454 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: British Brexit Thread: Hype replacement bus services in operation
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2016, 06:11:49 pm »

I don't like cabbages.  They can have them...  :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2016, 08:42:28 am »

Can't see any signs that the MP was even being targetted, at this stage of the game, so perhaps this is more usefully mentioned in the Orlando thread, where firearms are being discussed, than here.

(Current info being that an apparently hand-made gun and a knife were in use during a scuffle between two men that the lady in question went to intervene in. No sign she was even campaigning at the time, so far. (She was at her constituency surgery, so it's possible that the armed man specifically went to see her and the other man intervened first, but even then the motives could be anything. And events will become clearer, later.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:45:19 am by Starver »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2016, 08:47:59 am »

What makes you think it was a false flag and not just some random lunatic who just happened to agree with you on the issue of Brexit?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2016, 08:54:31 am »

You're implying that an MP in her surgery being shot for the first time in however-many fucking years by a man shouting 'BRITAIN FIRST' isn't relevant to Brexit, seven days before the referendum?
That fact wasn't immediately evident when I checked the rapidly evolving timeline in your link, nor in the several other news-sites I checked before deciding to comment. Apologies for not being omniscient or concentrating on whatever footnote you read to discover that gem.

If true, then it seems a rather extreme an action.  But assuming it's a staged incident.conconcted by the Remain camp is even more extreme. By the way, you're looking tired, today, please remain seated in front of your hidden camera computer monitor and the black helicopters ambulance will be with you shortly...

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2016, 09:06:37 am »

It's very convenient, yes, and the reports about the guy shouting "Britain First!" could in theory have been faked at any point, so there's that. But on the other hand, saying that the attack itself was a pre-planned false flag is, you know, what they call "an extraordinary claim."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2016, 10:53:10 am »

All parties in the UK have cancelled their Brexit / Brexin campaigns for the time being.

Damn, shot three times, including in the face area, and stabbed multiple times. I fear this woman will not make it out of surgery.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 10:54:48 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2016, 11:22:25 am »

Yeah, she's dead now :( R.I.P.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2016, 11:30:00 am »

And now let the recriminations begin, I suppose....

(Really little to be said about this, as far as I'm concerned.  The attacker doesn't represent anybody, to my mind, so it's not going to affect my indecision.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2016, 11:42:52 am »

Very extraordinary indeed, at this point, right after these polls come out, that one of the few things that could conceivably massively swing the public happens to occur.

It would have been much less extraordinary for such a thing to happen after Leave had lost the referendum, as opposed to when they were poised to win it.

It's just a shame the MP was based near Leeds rather than Manchester, or there would have been the silver lining of at least being able to make a terrible pun about a Mancunian candidate.

Let me just ask you this, if the situation was reversed (Pro-Brexit MP get assassinated by some dude shouting "Stronger Together"), would you also think it was a false flag op?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:01 am »

Let's see what the Daily Mail has to-

Oh.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2016, 12:05:29 pm »

Very extraordinary indeed, at this point, right after these polls come out, that one of the few things that could conceivably massively swing the public happens to occur.

It would have been much less extraordinary for such a thing to happen after Leave had lost the referendum, as opposed to when they were poised to win it.

It's just a shame the MP was based near Leeds rather than Manchester, or there would have been the silver lining of at least being able to make a terrible pun about a Mancunian candidate.

No no no, it was a false flag by pro-Brexit people so they can accuse pro-Stay people of carrying out false flag operations to stay in the EU!

Because, isn't it all to much convenient that something that some people will label as a false flag happens right before the referendum?

Yeah or we make claims that actually have a shred of evidence to support them. This is as substantiated as saying the Orlando shooting was orchestrated by people wanting more gun restrictions or that the stabbing of the policeman in France was masterminded by the anti-immigration parties.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2016, 12:44:06 pm »

Covenant, I was half joking, before, about paranoia, but now I'm not sure I was so off the mark. Whichever colour pill you took, you should have taken the other one.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »

Yeah, she's dead now :( R.I.P.
RIP :C

This case reminds me of what happened to Anna Lindh and Gabrielle Giffords: some random nutter attacks a random politician because---haha, oh yes, why indeed?

What I'm saying is that being a left-leaning woman politician is not exactly safe even in stable western democracies. ):

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2016, 12:48:14 pm »

If the polls from today and the last week were reversed? I'd consider it a decent possibility, because really, what kind of idiot shouts out their slogan while doing something like that without once thinking it just might damage their cause?
FREE MARS

Look how many pundits and publications (not to mention the randoms on Twitter) have made little comments hinting about how it be totally justified to do in Donald Trump, because he's evil, he's racist, he's Hitler, etc -all stuff that has also been said about Farage. Compare to how often you see that said about Hillary, if ever. Sure, she's disparaged and abused and all sorts, but I don't recall ever seeing any articles or political commentators advocating physical harm to her.

And none say anything of the sort about the Dalai Lama! That doesn't make it media bias.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2016, 12:50:03 pm »

Someone on 'your side' brutally murdered an MP. You just have to accept that.

Also plenty of US conservative pundits have used the 'tree of liberty' quote to tacitly endorse the assassination of liberal politicians.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 107