Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151466 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: British Brexit Thread: Hype replacement bus services in operation
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:13 pm »

Reports of
Multiple eyewitnesses said they didn't hear any of those shouts despite being near the incident.
Only two a cursory google found was this and this. Didn't see anything about multiple ones, though. Nor named ones.

Near as I can tell from the quick lookabout there's one anonymous source saying they didn't hear a shout (mind, there's at least one other eyewitness that said they didn't even hear a shot), and multiple other ones saying they did, at least two of them willing to put their name behind their claim.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2016, 04:36:57 pm »

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/743464352066453504

No. "Democracy darkest days" and "an attack on Ideals and democracy" is pretty clear for me.
Assassination might semantically be correct, it is still a loaded word which has a pretty clear meaning behind it and nobody would write "husband assassinates his wife during a heated argument"

Btw, one of the guys who said he heard the britain first shouts said the killer shouted it also while being arrested, so the police should be able to clarify that pretty easily.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2016, 04:44:01 pm »

Would... would you happen to have a better source than someone on twitter putting up an uncaptioned still picture and claiming to have gotten it from skynews? I mean. Maybe check skynews, where the claim is apparently being sourced from?
Ask not!
Ask!

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 16, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »

Would... would you happen to have a better source than someone on twitter putting up an uncaptioned still picture and claiming to have gotten it from skynews? I mean. Maybe check skynews, where the claim is apparently being sourced from?

It's a video, mate.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:47:10 pm by Vilanat »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2016, 04:48:17 pm »

Huh. Doesn't show as one in opera. Doesn't run in firefox. Hrm. And that's the total limit of browsers I'm willing to try it on, so maybe someone else can look at it, heh.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:50:25 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »

It loads as a still picture in chrome too, but then immediately switches to video.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2016, 04:53:20 pm »

You'll take my eyes before you put chrome on this computer, but fair enough.
Ask not!
Ask!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:10 pm »

Huh. Doesn't show as one in opera. Doesn't run in firefox. Hrm. And that's the total limit of browsers I'm willing to try it on, so maybe someone else can look at it, heh.

It's seven seconds of some guy in sunglasses being asked if he heard "Britain first" being shouted in the incident and him replying "never heard that, can't confirm".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2016, 05:03:19 pm »

... that. Isn't that a lot less clear than saying "He didn't say it." or thereabouts? As noted in some other articles, some of the people with eyes on couldn't even hear gunfire.

Is also still just one guy, not multiple eyewitnesses :-\

E: You promised multiple eye witnesses saying it didn't happen, vil! Where's our at least twopair eyes behind direct repudiation *fistshake*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:06:12 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2016, 05:06:22 pm »

That clip doesn't demonstrate anything without the context around it, and honestly the fact that it was cut down to 7 seconds to remove said context is very suspicious to me. Maybe he arrived on the scene late or was too far away to hear anything at all - he isn't saying it was impossible that the words were said, just that he personally did not hear them.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:44 pm »

This guy is probably the most quoted eye witness regardless of this specific clip. it may be cut short, but it's not out of context. he was asked a simple question and he answered it. all in context.

Did i say there were eyewitnesses saying the guy couldn't have shouted it? who would ever say that? this kinds of scenes are hectic. people don't hear obvious stuff when its next to them, people hear stuff that others don't, people hear stuff and confuse it with other stuff, people hear stuff that never happened. this is not something new.

I don't need to bring other multiple eyewitnesses saying they also didn't hear it, because it's redundant. trust me, they are there, even if not quoted by name, otherwise there would have been far more witnesses supporting the shouts. as i said, in a fair trial, those eye witnesses that did supposedly hear him shout would have been disregarded, unless the police at place would have heard that as well, since he supposedly shouted it while being arrested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2016, 05:31:02 pm »

That's exactly why you need the context to know where he was and what he saw. If someone asked me that "simple question" I could respond in the same way, but it wouldn't mean anything because I was hundreds of miles away from the scene.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2016, 09:14:23 am »

Came here expecting some pretty impressive mental contortions by the Brexit crowd to somehow spin this off.

You did not disappoint.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:16 am »

one thing I don't get is why is this always put in the hand of the people to decide?

like you and me without any theoretical macro/micro economic and geopolitics background would know what's the best option, long and short term.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2016, 11:15:03 am »

one thing I don't get is why is this always put in the hand of the people to decide?

like you and me without any theoretical macro/micro economic and geopolitics background would know what's the best option, long and short term.

This is one of the reasons why I find an indirect democracy a superior system to a direct one.

Brexit could have been easily handled by the normal party politics, if people want a Brexit they could have just voted for parties that support that idea.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 107