Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

IF YOU COULD VOTE TO LEAVE OR REMAIN WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION AS A SUBJECT OF HRH (PBUH) WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK OR CITIZENSHIP ABROAD, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE?

FUCK YES LET'S LEAVE GET HYPE YEY
Casual yes, let's leave and get independence done with
Meh, probably just scribble all over my vote ballot to spite tryhards
Casual no, let's remain and get integration done with
FUCK NO LET'S REMAIN GET CALM YEY

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107

Author Topic: Breeki British Brexit thread  (Read 151443 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: British Brexit Thread: Eyes on the prize, Yog-Merkel in the skies
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2016, 04:52:49 pm »

LW, campaigning is not impossible for the Leavers unless they have nothing more useful to say. Which puts them on a par with Reain, so no worries there.
You have a very generous understanding of how broadcasting works. You can't walk onto TV and steal someone's show, and you can't organize a media blitz due on the same day - assuming of course, that you had not reached your treasury's limit, your advertising allowance, or that any channel could accommodate your wishes on such short notice. Assuming you managed to pull the impossible, would you manage to secure a spot on prime time that would reach the most people, and furthermore reach the demographics ignored by the blitz that was? Campaigning in general is not impossible, no, unless you've run into the legal constraints set by the Commission, but for those two days it was simply logistically impossible.

And you.don't, either."If you read my posts..." doesn't help one bit.  When I read them, all I see is someone who wants to take his ball and go home..
And this is the annoying thing, you've already got an image of who I am so you don't read what I say, seeing only what you want to see.

You're happy for Leave to benefit from their naturally-inclined (apparently) promptly-registered Leavers then damn the rest, while things are skewed your way.  And then complain that efforts to make a more representative voting pool just *isn't fair*..
1. Point out where I showed happiness in such thing. 2. If you actually looked at the graph I tried showing you that you ignored and said was irrelevant, you would see that clearly the vast majority of people who had registered were of the target demographics Brexin had identified as most likely to vote for remain. Do you see why I ask you to read my posts if you're going to reply to them? These are ernest attempts to just show you obvious things you keep reading past, you don't make unrepresentative pools already biased in favour of Brexin voting registrees by giving Brexin voting registrees the last two days of registration exclusive media coverage :P
It was already skewed against Leave and then skewed horrendously. And I only complained of the latter skewing because it was so utterly devious as to not even risk competing with a smaller opponent :]

I'm used to politicians making disingenuous and self-serving misreresentations of everything.  I do hope you enjoy your future political career.  You'll probably go far.
Haha, future Secretary of Shitposts and Memes

Well, it's not clear what strategy you meant. I though you implied the strategy of letting people register for two more days, since we were discussing that subject. In that context, looking at data from before is meaningless.
That's not a strategy, that's a stratagem used in conjunction with the other stratagems of the campaign to further drive the realization of the strategic goal

Maybe the EU just needs a new flag.
In all seriousness, "Brexin" and "Brexit" are the catchiest terms for a significant and influential political event I've heard.
There will never be a Brexin Brexout song to this tune
And that's terrible

Speaking of which Brexit has a 7 point lead in polls
Is it happening? I dunno, the polls could show me 100% Brexit lead and I'd still be cautious as an ant adrift a twig on highwater

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: British Brexit Thread: Hype replacement bus services in operation
« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »

"David 'All The Other Girls And Boys Prefer Silicone To Pork For Toys' Cameron refrained from congratulating the Leave campaign on their victory today, citing several irregularities in polling statistics and incidents of violence by the English Defense League. He reminded the press that the referendum was purely a recommendation and not a binding act of law in and of itself when determining the future of the United Kingdom..." 
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2016, 05:56:07 pm »

"David 'All The Other Girls And Boys Prefer Silicone To Pork For Toys' Cameron refrained from congratulating the Leave campaign on their victory today, citing several irregularities in polling statistics and incidents of violence by the English Defense League. He reminded the press that the referendum was purely a recommendation and not a binding act of law in and of itself when determining the future of the United Kingdom..."
All is vulgarity!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »

Far from taking the ball home, I'm trying to figure out what code of football you're trying to play..

That graph,  that graph, that graph.  It shows nothing.  A single broad slice of registrations, from which you deduce what happens in a different timeslice. (And of course the young are more represented. Older people, like me were already registered to vote, weren't likely to have moved in the recent past, had not just fallen off the radar during teen apathy and not reappeared until now.)

It doesn't indicate the feelings of the people involved. It doesn't link to voter-intention surveys. Like the Brexit campaign (and the others) you're quoting things as fact that aren't anything like.

I've said before, at this point I don't care who 'wins'. I consider the damage already started, the result (and degree of result) will merely clarify the form of the damage. But while shouting at the newspaper reports ('better' today due to being drowned out by the news of Orlando, which is hardly a positive) of both sides' inanities gets me no further than strange looks from fellow passengers. If I seem to repeat myself here, its because I'm getting nothing but hard-headedness and you might as well just be statements.with the same permanence as the printed page, not a discussion forum.

I stand by my unfortunate entry into this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157166.msg6979898#msg6979898   I can't think of what else to say about your position that doesn't just perpetuate this conflict resonance that's getting nowhere.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2016, 07:17:05 am »

Am I the only one who find this particular leave ad really distasteful (apart from the fact that it is utter BS of course.)

Edit: Cannot resist sharing this. I'm currently completing the Erasmus language test (I've been in Berlin for 5 months on European money now), and those are the questions that pop up:

Never waste an opportunity to propagandize I guess.  :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:30:59 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2016, 07:33:01 am »

Or maybe just me and Wolfhunter are yet ready to call you out on what I call nonsensical and counter-democratic attitudes, but seemingly you have the exact opposite opinion.
What's nonsensical? You keep throwing around a lot of attacks on character without substance to back it up, and that's rather rude considering you're the lizard man conspiracy theorist :P
The stakes ITT are low, we do not need to proselytize for the causes we support. My goal for this thread is news, opinions of forumites and analyses. Likewise with counter-democratic, you level this great accusation, so where is your basis? One would think that those who are counter-democratic would be working in the EU, given that the whole point of it all is bureaucrats beholden to no electorates. Though I do like their experiments with democracy
Spoiler: wew lads information (click to show/hide)
Remember, if you don't like the result, make them vote again - that's democratic xD
Or maybe you're just a Hameron and you want to game the vote - that's still democratic lol
That sounds like the union is made up of maybe two states that wanted in and everyone else got dragged in by the same force that keeps dredging up idiot bills in congress here when we already shot them down before because they are bad ideas.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 15, 2016, 07:34:37 am »

Welp, no it's not.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #217 on: June 15, 2016, 02:54:27 pm »

@Starver, already answered such conflictions

Am I the only one who find this particular leave ad really distasteful (apart from the fact that it is utter BS of course.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What's distasteful, also it's just the Merkel Samson plan, if Germany wants Turkey to take Germany's Syrian refugees back, Erdogan is adamant that Turks be allowed visa-free travel into Yurop
Interesting as soon as 6 hours ago, Turkey seems to have failed to meet its end of the plan, so the plan will likely crumble and Germany will get more refugees again
Hopefully Trudeau will help alleviate Germany's burden by bringing their refugees to Canada, even if it's just 25,000 ppl

Edit: Cannot resist sharing this. I'm currently completing the Erasmus language test (I've been in Berlin for 5 months on European money now), and those are the questions that pop up:
Never waste an opportunity to propagandize I guess.  :P
Gotta get dem social engineerings fam

Speaking of which, for some reason I got this leaflet delivered specifically to me, no one else in my house or neighbours'
Why is Bremain sending me serial killer leaflets lol
Thing that caught my eye is that the text is from the antipiracy ads
YOU WOULDN'T STEAL UR MUM

To top it all off, Osborne is threatening to cut spending for pensions, defence, healthcare and literally everything if we vote Brexit. HE'S SINKING THIS STATE, WITH NO SURVIVORS

Bremain still say they're not doing project fear lol

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 15, 2016, 03:34:22 pm »

RIP LW, lynched by proud upstanding antifa defenders of multicultural justice.

Also, the four part crease on that totally ruins the effect of having a large black field, 3/10.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 15, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »

I received my own copy of the IN propaganda late last week. I also had a few different copies of OUT propaganda, saying the same 5 things, but in slightly different fonts and layouts. Oh, and today I was lucky enough to get a copy of some Labour IN propaganda.

Overall, the quality of lies in all of them was highly disappointing. I thought we were better at propaganda than this, I really did.
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 15, 2016, 03:46:07 pm »

LW: Turkey is bloody far away from joining the EU (if ever). Also, every member state got a veto on accepting new members (which is why we're stuck with Cyprus in: Greece threatened to veto all the Eastern European countries if we didn't take Cyprus. Fuck the Greeks.)

The visa-deal also didn't apply to the UK BTW.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:50:03 pm by Sheb »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 15, 2016, 04:01:05 pm »

Overall, the quality of lies in all of them was highly disappointing. I thought we were better at propaganda than this, I really did.
So far as I can tell, without going back and listening to the prior versions*, the radio versions of the Referendum broadcasts on behalf of both sides have, over the last four weeks, not changed one jot. I had been hoping that they'd update their arguments, especially the wrong ones.

I've managed to avoid the TV ones, but being a fan of the 6:30pm comedies on Radio 4, I thought I might as well tune in a few minutes early to get their official messages.

Anyway (in the headlines), Remain is threatening a punishing emergency budget if things go Leave-wise, and Leave is still saying that it will use part of the EU subscription to both replace existing European funds and wipe out the NHS defecit, which is a plain innumerate plan.

* I suppose I could go through the ones on this page., to be sure.  I might enjoy the Welsh versions much more.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2016, 04:07:37 pm »

So far as I can tell, without going back and listening to the prior versions*, the radio versions of the Referendum broadcasts on behalf of both sides have, over the last four weeks, not changed one jot. I had been hoping that they'd update their arguments, especially the wrong ones.

I've managed to avoid the TV ones, but being a fan of the 6:30pm comedies on Radio 4, I thought I might as well tune in a few minutes early to get their official messages.

Anyway (in the headlines), Remain is threatening a punishing emergency budget if things go Leave-wise, and Leave is still saying that it will use part of the EU subscription to both replace existing European funds and wipe out the NHS defecit, which is a plain innumerate plan.

* I suppose I could go through the ones on this page., to be sure.  I might enjoy the Welsh versions much more.

The Welsh ones are one hell of a lot more cheery and upbeat than the serious and stern English ones, that is for certain. Thats... rather odd.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2016, 04:18:07 pm »

RIP LW, lynched by proud upstanding antifa defenders of multicultural justice.

Also, the four part crease on that totally ruins the effect of having a large black field, 3/10.
hell friend.i am a lw the eu is good, junkcer nothing did wrong, literally,, eu is the light, darkenss is the doubt, idleness is rot of HERESY and the eumperor protects, praise europa, techno barbarian of east and west false prophet, eu is luv if life, pls shar and sen to frends

LW: Turkey is bloody far away from joining the EU (if ever).
Joining means participating as much as it means becoming a member of, but I don't think the creator of that ad cares, they have low quality b8 standards and are absolutely haram

Also, every member state got a veto on accepting new members (which is why we're stuck with Cyprus in: Greece threatened to veto all the Eastern European countries if we didn't take Cyprus. Fuck the Greeks.)
Greeks have already been fucked by EU lol

The visa-deal also didn't apply to the UK BTW.
Aye cos we're not Schengen Area, what is the issue is that France is which is 30 minutes speedboat away from England ;P
Big problem that
Most recent ones where Albanians who went on a brisk tour of Yurop before boating their way to Kent

Parish councillor Roger Wilkins said: "I believe that there are people that are being paid to bring these people across from France. The coastguards and everybody now has got to be more vigilant, the people of Dymchurch will have to be more vigilant, if they see something suspicious or something that they are not happy [about] they must, obviously, get in contact with the police."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36407685
Regular contraband smuggling is already lucrative trade, people smuggling is just as lucrative (for as long as you don't get caught obv)

Immigrant Euro Moths Seriously Threaten Crops
God dammit
It's happening again

The Welsh ones are one hell of a lot more cheery and upbeat than the serious and stern English ones, that is for certain. Thats... rather odd.
I would support moving the political capital to Wales
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107