Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69467 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #900 on: July 13, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »

((but think of what you could achieve as thrymr-nyan!))
((In this context I'm just trying to have a minimal-risk landing. Maybe another time.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 13, 2016, 06:54:35 pm »

I said, gather everybody I can.  Fiddler's group.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 14, 2016, 10:44:50 am »

((Sorry! I didn't notice the turn

...Was there a roll or something that made Ebony get separated? And which spells did she have in the tome?))
you got separated by confusion. there are three mudbeings rising up out of the fen in front of you (or something under the mud, hard to say). You have no spells in your tome. You never inscribed any. your scrolls are:
Freeze
Lightning arc
Bind Wound
Find item
Identify magic
unbind magic

and two unidentified scrolls, which i will roll randomly for.

"Ooh! Look at Frosty go!"

Continue commentating. Wonder where my useless teammates have wandered off to. Maybe have a look-see around the battlefield and beyond to see if there is any trace of them.

Also see if I can start a betting pool on what amazing feats of magick will be deployed next on the battlefield, and on the fates of crowd favorites (as in things the fey can be bothered to pay attention to and can come up with a coherent nickname for)! And yes, that includes the grass.

You are too far away to identify them in particular. Who knows what they are up to. Should be coming up the ridge, right? this is where you guys came from, after all. You manage to get some team spirit into your motley crew. People are cheering for, and arguing over, certain groups. no one is betting though. They seem a little too tired / caught up in the moment / flighty to organize that far.

Land, now! The winds suddenly picked up when I cleared the trees, so they should rapidly die down when I descend. If that is not the case, then I shift into Frost Giant / Cat and prepare for a hard landing.
You're moving fast enough that even if the wind suddenly stopped, it would be a hard landing. So Giant Frost Cat it is. A portmanteau under duress. Okay. You are wel familiar and comfortable with cat form, so that helps mitigate some of the complexity. Well, look at that. You curl your wings in and begin the transformation rapidly. bulk first, and frost. You coat yourself in ice as you grow and shift. The ice repeatedly shatters as you outgrow it, and as you begin plowing through trees. You sprout a tail and whiskers, and ricochet hard off a couple of trees before slamming into the ground with a wet thump as the world fades to black. You are either unconscious or dead.

Continue to watch worriedly.  Stay near Noir, and enter the mushroom ring if told to do so or other people do so. 
Okay. You do hear something crash through the trees to the north east of you and land. It is muted, but it is not far from where you are. otherwise, you and Noir are undisturbed.

I said, gather everybody I can.  Fiddler's group.
At this point, you don't know where Fiddler is. You last saw him heading toward the river, and suspect that he is heading back to the place you guys started at. Now, before i send you out, the wind was picking up pretty rapidly before you floated into the fairy ring, where it died down suddenly. It's pretty stormy up there. you could probably float above the trees without risk of crashing, but controlling direction and being able to see what you need to will be hard. Still wanna go?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 14, 2016, 10:57:42 am »

"The carnage continues as halftime creeps ever closer! Can the forces of the wood rise to the challenge and extinguish this mighty bushfire before the end of the day? And who will come out on either side as their Most Valuable Elemental? LET'S FIND OUT!"

Hype!

Also, who's winning? Is it possible to tell? Or are we talking primordial levels of chaotic, refined destruction?

edit: Finally, maybe see about getting one of those weirdo spirits that were trying to tell us what to do over here. That weird ball-spider thingy or that other potato thing, are those around the area? Maybe they know what's going to happen with the wedding and all that garbage? Don't go out to look for any, mind you. This is still pretty cool to watch. Maybe ask a fey if they know of a good paging system for those dillweeds.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:56:09 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 14, 2016, 11:32:49 am »

Classical action post of the hurt and unconsious: Wake Up, Don't Die.
((Well, that went about as well as it could. size is a major damage reducer, and so is armor like ice, cat is great at landing, and delaying would have only blown me farther and faster making landing harder. if Id tried to land in raven form i'd be paste.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:38:08 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 14, 2016, 11:51:17 am »

((Really? I remember picking a few to inscribe over PM))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 14, 2016, 03:22:39 pm »

Run to the noise try and get my healing  working noir is growing rather worried at that sound.If it is an ally or someone in great need heal them.
"Dar! Uh everyone  else..Let's  go!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:25:12 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 14, 2016, 03:49:01 pm »

I forgot to mention to the EYE that the comm indicator for Aylia's comm unit is flashing red with warning signs. So anyone who has access ot the com unit (Dar and Noir) know this.

((Really? I remember picking a few to inscribe over PM))
I looked. You're right, a night has passed since then.

Unbind Magic and Freeze are in your spellbook.

((Well, that went about as well as it could. size is a major damage reducer, and so is armor like ice, cat is great at landing, and delaying would have only blown me farther and faster making landing harder. if Id tried to land in raven form i'd be paste.))
a good roll on the transform, and a bad roll or two on the landing.

Sorry bout the sort of minipost here. i'm just eager to find out what happens next.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 14, 2016, 03:52:21 pm »

Noir  looks at the commstone and Blanche's looking horrified beyond belief .
"No no no no no no!"
((....well I have a plan if everything goes wrong here at the very least... it's really beggy.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:09:51 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 14, 2016, 03:55:54 pm »

"I might be in trouble here." Ebony says into her communicator.

She takes out her spellbook and quickly backs away. She's *really* trying to put down those memories in case these are... guests, but she's not doing the best. "Don't come any closer, if you can understand me!"

Move back from the mudthings, try to communicate. If the landscape they rose from is surrounding such that there could theoretically be more behind, look there quickly.

((If you think the memories should have a more instant or drastic effect I could edit the post. Ebony is scared but trying to be rational- the guests of this party have taken multiple forms, it's worth checking if these can understand her. She is considering freezing and running though.))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:01:18 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »

Recover Aylia.  Attempt to recover Ebony and Fiddler as well if not supremely dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:44:29 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 14, 2016, 08:38:15 pm »

good roll on the transform, and a bad roll or two on the landing.
((Figured it was something like that. my statement stands. without that transform, id be paste.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 14, 2016, 08:43:30 pm »

Dar will run with Noir, but attempt to be a bit more stealthy in case the sound wasn't Aylia, or if there's something aggressive attacking her.  He'll also try to stay ahead of her, because he doesn't want her bumbling into danger.  Yes, "be stealthy" and "rush ahead" are kinda contradictory, but Dar'yajira is stressed.

((@Twin I'm mildly certain you don't have a commstone.  You needed one less than anyone else, what with being quantumly nonexistent, and not even all the active players got one.  Sorry. :(

@TBF I think it might be a decent idea to focus on one specific ally to recover.  Trying to recover the ally at the exit, while also recovering the ally at an unknown location being attacked by elementals, and the ally who is leading a crowd of fey away from you (at an unknown direction, no less!), all during extremely powerful winds strong enough to knock birds out of the sky... might be a tad ambitious.  You might want to just abandon the two lost people due to said winds--better to lose just Ebony rather than both Ebony and the eye.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 14, 2016, 09:56:00 pm »

"The carnage continues as halftime creeps ever closer! Can the forces of the wood rise to the challenge and extinguish this mighty bushfire before the end of the day? And who will come out on either side as their Most Valuable Elemental? LET'S FIND OUT!"

Hype!

Also, who's winning? Is it possible to tell? Or are we talking primordial levels of chaotic, refined destruction?

edit: Finally, maybe see about getting one of those weirdo spirits that were trying to tell us what to do over here. That weird ball-spider thingy or that other potato thing, are those around the area? Maybe they know what's going to happen with the wedding and all that garbage? Don't go out to look for any, mind you. This is still pretty cool to watch. Maybe ask a fey if they know of a good paging system for those dillweeds.

I don't know that I'd go so far as 'primordal' but it's on another level, at least. It'd be hard to tell who's winning without knowing the rules of the game, or who the players are. Or who cheats. And this battle could go on for days or longer. For now, everything is happening mostly east and north of the party site, with some 'minor' skirmishes to the south and north. of course, when you get weather patterns involved in your territorial disputes, minor becomes relative. Anyway, yo ucan say this much at least - you are winning. no one is currently stabbing you, and you got to see some people stomped flat the other day.

AS for getting one of those 'in the know' as it were, the general consensus among your fellow refugees is "we'd rather not. they are probably involved."

Classical action post of the hurt and unconsious: Wake Up, Don't Die.
Classic. See ATH's turn and pm me with any questions.

Run to the noise try and get my healing  working noir is growing rather worried at that sound.If it is an ally or someone in great need heal them.
"Dar! Uh everyone  else..Let's  go!"
Whatever it is is in great need indeed. You emerge fro the fairy ring into a wind torn forest and struggle to get where yo uare going. You step out from the trees into a trail of devastation. Trees are felled, brush is torn up, and ice is everywhere. the ground is slick, brioken branches are coated in an inch of ice, and snow blows with the wind. And then you see what caused it. It looks like some kind of chimera - a cross between a lion, a Vulture, and an ice dragon. It is pretty big, like twenty feet or so maybe nose to tail, but it's hard to say for sure as it is curled up and twisted about.  It bends the wrong way. A bone sticks out of one wing, broken in half. Blood streams from several wounds, and it's breath is very ragged, when it breathes at all. You rush over and place your hands on the creature's head and will it to heal. Ice coats your hands and races up your arms, and you pour all the energy you can into the being. At last, you slump down, exhausted. You are sure that more than just the wing is broken, and the creature remains unresponsive. your healing is rewarded only with small puffs of frost from the creature's nostrils, and the ice, now beginning to flake off your arms.

"I might be in trouble here." Ebony says into her communicator.

She takes out her spellbook and quickly backs away. She's *really* trying to put down those memories in case these are... guests, but she's not doing the best. "Don't come any closer, if you can understand me!"

Move back from the mudthings, try to communicate. If the landscape they rose from is surrounding such that there could theoretically be more behind, look there quickly.

((If you think the memories should have a more instant or drastic effect I could edit the post. Ebony is scared but trying to be rational- the guests of this party have taken multiple forms, it's worth checking if these can understand her. She is considering freezing and running though.))
You shake your head and blink away the memories. Got more important things to worry about.

"Hey there, guys. We're all friends here, right? Be cool, be cool." You glance behind and find the way clear, but the mudpiles are beginning to move toward you more quickly. Sticks and leaves and even bones emerge from the tops of the piles and slide down thesides, to be coated again from mud pouring down over them. it's retty fascinating to watch, or would be, if it weren't so creepy.

Recover Aylia.  Attempt to recover Ebony and Fiddler as well if not supremely dangerous.
You exit the safety of the fairy ring and are instantly blown sideways. You struggle to make headway while remaining on course to no avail, only just managing to return to the ring. Looks like those guys are on their own for another turn.

Dar will run with Noir, but attempt to be a bit more stealthy in case the sound wasn't Aylia, or if there's something aggressive attacking her.  He'll also try to stay ahead of her, because he doesn't want her bumbling into danger.  Yes, "be stealthy" and "rush ahead" are kinda contradictory, but Dar'yajira is stressed.

((@Twin I'm mildly certain you don't have a commstone.  You needed one less than anyone else, what with being quantumly nonexistent, and not even all the active players got one.  Sorry. :(

@TBF I think it might be a decent idea to focus on one specific ally to recover.  Trying to recover the ally at the exit, while also recovering the ally at an unknown location being attacked by elementals, and the ally who is leading a crowd of fey away from you (at an unknown direction, no less!), all during extremely powerful winds strong enough to knock birds out of the sky... might be a tad ambitious.  You might want to just abandon the two lost people due to said winds--better to lose just Ebony rather than both Ebony and the eye.))
You attempt ot get ahead of Noir, but she dashes out before you can, and you spend several minutes chasing her tail. When you finally catch her, you have to climb over ice and debris and, is that blood? And then you see her, hands frozen to the head of some great, broken ice beast. You really hope that whatever hit this thing isn't around, because you are pretty sure you won't win against it. Noir slumps at last, hands breaking free of the Icebeing's head. And here you are, smallest of the team, unable to carry her back to safety.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67