Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114816 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #960 on: November 05, 2016, 10:07:19 pm »

I had specified to heal up to 25 hp, so I'll adjust accordingly. as for fully healing my arm, well, it had taken 82 damage, so that would have required a  difficulty roll of 368, which is slightly out of my range.

I will meditate to remove corruption one more round.

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 06, 2016, 12:21:37 am »

Mechanics show no difference between left and right arms, so...
loot dog arm to replace lost arm, spend up to 20 corruption to make sure I do it right this time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 06, 2016, 10:36:08 am »

((that still only gives you a 66 int base for your roll, and a target of 140. So you need to roll 74 or higher to loot that whole arm. Unless you are specifying to only loot the lower arm and hand, which drops it to a 120 DR, and needing a 54 to succeed.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #963 on: November 06, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

There seems to be a sudden lack of people around here...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 06, 2016, 03:02:36 pm »

Loot the other lower arm and hand separately from the demon.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 06, 2016, 03:38:10 pm »

((mostly it's Whisperling. remember, we're down to four.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 06, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »

Whisperling: Go play with the sandpaper room. With his entire left arm.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 06, 2016, 04:31:11 pm »

((Yeah, don't do that.))

Keep standing around while people loot. Give the person grabbing and arm a hand, if helping is possible.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 06, 2016, 04:59:34 pm »

There seems to be a sudden lack of people around here...
Hey, I can always make another character.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #970 on: November 06, 2016, 09:35:40 pm »

I had specified to heal up to 25 hp, so I'll adjust accordingly. as for fully healing my arm, well, it had taken 82 damage, so that would have required a  difficulty roll of 368, which is slightly out of my range.

I will meditate to remove corruption one more round.

10 More down.

Mechanics show no difference between left and right arms, so...
loot dog arm to replace lost arm, spend up to 20 corruption to make sure I do it right this time.
46+20+[95] Pass

You carefully tear away the remaining chunk of your arm and it immediately crumbles away into dust as soon as it leaves your body. That done, you pull off the Grinning dog's arm right at the shoulder and press the still warm flesh up against your bare socket. The two lumps of flesh pull together as though by magnetic force and fuse. The dog's arm is much longer than your normal human one and the knuckles drag the ground as you walk.

Loot the other lower arm and hand separately from the demon.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)

((Yeah, don't do that.))

Keep standing around while people loot. Give the person grabbing and arm a hand, if helping is possible.
Two rolls of 100 then.

41+[50]
41+[56]

You continue to shred apart limbs and by my reckoning I don't think there are any dog arms left at this point. We started with 4, and 3 have been rendered useless mush by the clumsy, stupid fingers of the less than bright. The fourth now sits upon Lenglon's arm. But, seeing as Whisperling wanted to help and how he has a slightly higher int score at 45, I'm gonna assume that after you fucked up the first roll and lost the lower arm, he stepped in and got this roll

45+[56]

and managed to save the hand. Where you want to put it, or if you want to try again and get maybe a nice shin to act as a lower arm, thats up to you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 06, 2016, 10:20:11 pm »

Meditate.

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 06, 2016, 10:49:27 pm »

Keep helping people who want to salvage and/or attach parts.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 06, 2016, 11:49:16 pm »

Rest, recover from corruption.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #974 on: November 07, 2016, 12:36:34 am »

Rest, recover from corruption.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
Keep helping people who want to salvage and/or attach parts.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)
Meditate.

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

45+[60]=Fail

Oz and Leng, you both lose 10 corruption, but Whisper, you gain something. Specifically, as you skirt your way around the horrible pit of semi-fluid human tissue and corpses and over to your teammates, you take a cinderblock square in the head. It does 35 damage, collapses your skull and leaves your head looking like a raw egg someone has half smashed; all bits of broken skull and viscous goo leaking out. You're not really sure exactly where it came from, except that it came from somewhere up on the shell of Ouro.

At this point I'll tell you whats around here:

The Maltsom building extends out in both directions, left and right away from the corpse pit. This is to the left.

A trail of black grime leads from the pit to here, and is quickly lost in the brown sludge of melted fat, soot and ash that covers the ground. Along this edge of the building is a fire, a bed of flame and ash 4 meters long and a meter and 2 wide. It's not wood thats being burnt, but plastic and styrofoam, brightly colored bottles of cleaning solution, buckets of paint, jerry cans of gas and plastic cases of rubbing alcohol. The flame is wild and the smoke rising from it is thick, black and acrid, a haze of toxic fumes and half burnt accelerants that stings the eyes and chokes the lungs.

There are creatures by this roasting spit that can only be described as lumps of flesh. They have no shared form, no symmetry or distinct shape, they're nothing but globs of flesh, bone and entrails formed into vaguely arthropod configurations. Like cockroaches made from cadaver parts. They seem completely oblivious of you.

To the right is some kind of gathering place, judging by the crude metal chairs and the great, long, slab of a table stretching diagonally away from the pit  and toward the shell proper. There's a good deal of blood dried around and on the table, as well as countless bits of gristle, bone, skin and organic detritus. Luckily the place is abandoned.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88