Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295602 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #495 on: February 21, 2016, 11:47:41 pm »

(I'm not sure what move you had me do, but it wasn't a clothesline. It's a wrestling move, where I run forward, arms out, and hit the opponent in the neck, causing them to slam head-first into the ground. Here's an example. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af_bFHet25I)
((Haha whoops, I thought you wanted to use them as a clothesline ! So I thought you wanted to stretch them, haha. Welp, it's the result that count ! I will ask directly next time xD))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2016, 11:53:28 pm »

With his momentary worries partially addressed, he would head out, and begin scouting around for signs of non-beetle life ahead of the main force. He needed someone to talk to. someone with a outside view.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:55:57 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:03 am »

Turn 27a : Filler

Meanwhile in Doro, small village located east to the Elon Woods.

[Filler: Another knight story]
His name is Revick. Born in a small village in the countryside of the kingdom of Fordania, he always aspired to become a knight.

He trained his whole life toward his dream, and one day achieved it. He joined the military, and managed to rank up until he became a knight.

One day he was called to the small village of Doro, a border village, to assure the protection of its inhabitants : monsters where sighted lurking closely.

He was accompanied by his two friends, Kyle and Torim, respectively a knight and a priest. Together they assured the safety of the village, vanquishing monsters who got too close.

Until this day where first an humanoid monster came. They were fooled by its disguise, and nearly compromised the safety of the village. Thankfully there was no victim, but the monster managed to flee.

Then as they were recovering from the battle, a little girl came crying "Monster !". They immediately rushed to where the monster was sighted, despite their fatigue.

There it was, this malevolent black armor. It proposed a knight duel to Kyle. Revick agreed, Torim protested. In the end he went to fight a fair duel. But the armor revealed its true colors, it had nothing to do with a knight anymore and stole the life of Kyle.

Enraged by the death of their friend, Kyle and Torim fought the armor together. They managed to destroy its soul, thus avenging Kyle. But it didn't heal the wound in its soul, as he felt guilty for supporting Kyle choice of dueling alone. He thought that because of him, Kyle died.

He swore to never do again the same mistake, and to never trust a monster.

He didn't know that the armor survived though...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:14:14 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2016, 03:48:04 am »

Turn 27b : Ulkas, Robobert, Glint and Stormslayer

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Finish humans and that heart, consume essence, follow skeleton!
Humans roll :
[6-1, 2-1, 4-1] A human suddenly breaks out of the Mind Control and see you assaulting its friends !
You lose 2MP

[6] You first take care of the two helpless humans and swiftly cut their throats with your claws. But you don't pay enough attention at the human who broke free from the mind control and he slashes you in the back !
You lose 4HP

Human : [5] vs [5]
You immediately turn back, slashing him in the face with your claws ! But he still manages to slash you in the right arm !
The human face begins melting, and it soon dies of blood loss. As of you your arm hurts a lot, and you can't move it without it hurting.
You lose 5HP
Your right arm is unusable for now

You gather the essences of the humans and the Corruptor. You crush the black heart under your foot, and it dissolves into dust.
You gain 5 essences (3 from humans and 2 from Corruptor)

You then follow the skeleton, you are seeing a graveyard further ahead.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Golem
I throw out Clay Fruit to help my fellow Leaf-Friends. I then go confront the fire magi
[6] You throw clay fruits to support your allies ! But you give to much force to your throws, and some of them actually knock out some of your friends ! [3] 3 Sylvarians are stunned.

You then head toward the fire magus in the rear. He sees you coming toward him, and unleash a fire attack.
[3] A fireball comes flying toward you ! You block it with your arm, taking some damage. You extinguish the flame by wildly agitating your arm.
You lose 3HP

You are now closer to the magus.

Ako roll :
[6] vs [3] With a dextrous parry followed by a precise stab, Ako manages to impale the heart of the human leader. But the leader firmly grabs the wooden spear-arm before dying, and Ako is unable to get back as enemy soldiers closes in on him and a magus locks on him.

General battle rolls :
Sylvarian : 4d6 + 4 [terrain bonus] = 13 + 4 = 17
Human : 5d6 = 12 (-1 d6 because of loss of leader)
=> -1 in each camp and -5 in Human camp (not counting Robobert and Ako battle result)
Sylvarian numbers : 16 + Robobert
Human numbers : 19

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
Ask him where his child is, and what I can do to help.
You answer to the injured crystal humanoid, telling him not to worry as you won't kill him.
"Where is your child ?" you ask. "I will help you."

He answers with a weak tone :
"This must be a blessing...thank you so much... My child is farther into the cavern, he is being chased by another monster. Before you go..."

"...I will give you my last forces. I... I only have a few minutes left, and if someone don't hurry my child will die. Save him, I beg you..."

Do you accept his request ?

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
With his momentary worries partially addressed, he would head out, and begin scouting around for signs of non-beetle life ahead of the main force. He needed someone to talk to. someone with a outside view.
The colony is moving again. It's night time, and the cloud-less sky is riddled with stars and the majestic moon. You decide to join the scouts on the far front.

[1] The vast desert is so calm, and there is no sign of living beings in the surroundings. Your fellow scouts don't report anything either.

Suddenly a scout scream and disappears. Then another. And another.

But the enemy is nowhere to be seen. From above ? Underground ? Or an invisible enemy ? Then you feel a vibration and quickly jump away. Something emerges from under you, it's an humanoid figure... It's a Sand Golem !

Then a dozen other emerges from various other places. It seems you walked right into their territory !

You have 4 scouts left with you.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:19:25 am by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2016, 04:05:16 am »

Thank you for clearing things up to me. The knowledge you shared to me is invaluable! But if I serve fools, then what should I do besides staying low? Can you give me any other advice?

Continue talking

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2016, 04:18:12 am »

"Tsk. I really need to polish my skills... Humans going out of control the moment I start killing them is way too dangerous... Still, it was quite an interesting experiment."

Search the graveyard for objects of interest (skeleton being the first amongst them).

((I see two main methods of gaining permanent pawn - either increasing Mana Regeneration and controlling a being for several turns, or upgrading Control skill. I think I'll take the first one, as it's quite troublesome not having any reliable way of recovering mana.

Also, how do attributes influence the result of the rolls? I'm quite unsure if I should raise INT further as it does not affect willpower rolls of my enemies (their IND was lowered by Corruptor).))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2016, 04:23:51 am »

((I see two main methods of gaining permanent pawn - either increasing Mana Regeneration and controlling a being for several turns, or upgrading Control skill. I think I'll take the first one, as it's quite troublesome not having any reliable way of recovering mana.

Also, how do attributes influence the result of the rolls? I'm quite unsure if I should raise INT further as it does not affect willpower rolls of my enemies (their IND was lowered by Corruptor).))
((It's really vague actually. What I'm doing is your INT minus their IND, and divide the result by two and round up. In this case, as you were multi-targetting, I considered that you got a malus because of it.

It went like this :
Ulkas INT : 4
Human IND : 2 - 1 (corruptor) = 1
4-1= 3 => bonus of 2 for you.
Because of multi-targetting, I applied a malus of 1. Hope it's clear :x))

((For defensive stats, as a rule of thumb every increase in one reduce damage by 1 to 3 depending on your roll.))
((Strength and Power similarly increase the damage))
((It's just for Intelligence and Individuality that it's fiddly. Basically as of now, single-targetting will yield incredible results.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2016, 06:56:48 am »

Exit into the surface, but be extremely, extremely careful. I don't want to die the moment I leave my cave.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:03 am »

Continue forward. Dig up the dirt along the way, making a cloud which blurs vision and agitates the eyes.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:37 am »

"Torim, you'll join your friend soon. You'd like some company, wouldn't you, Kyle?"

Use the cover of darkness to conceal my presence. Also, stop glowing. Do not approach the torches and look for the priest. Once I find him, devour him. Unless he's accompanied by Revick, in which case just stab him in the back and leave him for later.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2016, 10:03:55 am »

Ack! Look dearie, I'd love to stay and get a tutorial on the basics of unlife, my mysterious human life and general tips on fashionable cloak choices, but I have a feeling I should be hiding now, preferably among the many identical tombs around here! Something is after me and I'm in no shape to fight >:v!

Dahak turns to continue his sneaky business, but then he stops for a second. Hey, this is the first non-hostile creature he's run into ever since that clumsy armor sharing knight duo. She could prove useful, or at least serve as a stylish sidekick. Every hero needs a sidekick, after all :v

Actualy, Delinde, I could use some help, specially from someone like you who knows the pluses and maluses of unlife! GET ON MY HORSE

Dahak has no horse, but it seemed appropriate to say that at the time, even if slightly lewd. He then grabs the fairy's hand and starts to drag her along.

Grab the loli vampirefairy thing and ask her about some good places to hide and how the hell are undead supposed to heal, while explaining you're being chased by something. though you're not quite sure what. Aditionaly, find a place to hide among the tombs, maybe even inside of one!ANYWHERE
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:34:02 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 22, 2016, 10:19:26 am »

he would quickly strike at the golem's chest before backing up, not letting his eyes off the seemingly formless creatures striking at him and his kin.
"Ambush! Fall back to the main group, quickly!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2016, 10:42:08 am »

(( Drawn a map of Snehk's adventures. ))

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 22, 2016, 10:43:22 am »

(( Drawn a map of Snehk's adventures. ))

Spoiler: Large image (click to show/hide)
((Awesome!))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 22, 2016, 10:48:39 am »

(( Thanks! I could draw map of this RTD world if I'd have more details about that. Used to draw real maps as projects for forestry classes. They weren't nearly as detailed and contained only most important information, but were much bigger. ))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 146