Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295797 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2016, 05:48:30 am »

((If it's okay, I'm thinking of finishing growing my character at 26 feet/8 meters in size, then begin working on making my character Clayface a shapeshifter, able to compact himself to about a tenth his size, look human (or like a tree, thanks to the tree armor :) ), and grow multiple hammer hands to nail down the opposition. Basically, his final form shall be a Refined Sylvan Clay Shifter. Sound good, and how much of that would use mana?))
((Everything is okay as long as the dice allows it. The sky is the limit !))

(Come to think of it. Isn't Robobert some kind of happy go-lucky children cartoon protagonist ? A friendly giant with a bubbly face befriending all kind of creatures in the forest, and kicking the ass of evil corporates and industrialists.)

(Another silly thought. While writing turns, many weird ideas blossom in this crazy head of mine. Especially when I jump between threads.
After thinking of miss loli-vampire and being reminded of slime girl-chan and writing in the Katawa Shoujo v2 thread, I came up with this incredible concept for a future game : Monster Musume Highschool (boyz and non-gender allowed of course). Oh yeah baby.)

EDIT: Mana costs increase with the power/intensity of your move. Currently we have individual to small area of effect spells/skills, so it isn't too costly. I should think more about it though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 05:50:59 am by Nakéen »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2016, 05:51:35 am »

((Yeah, I've become an 80s cartoon hero! Lol! I'd be rated PG due to occasional gruesome violence, I'm not just some softy, I can be mean when I want to be. And the meme perfectly describes my character, thank you!))
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2016, 06:29:14 am »

"Yes, Leaf-Friend, I help. I work because of will, not without. If I say no, I mean no. I say yes, so mean yes. Will not allow dying of Tree-Things, I fight. Now, me follow."

Follow the Leaf-Friend
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:40:06 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2016, 06:36:56 am »

Lazily float around and make no effort to attack the military. If THEY, attack me, start beeping like a fucking time bomb and get outta there. Errrr... back down to Karalion's cave, not up to the humans.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2016, 07:00:21 am »

((JESUS CHRIST))

JESUS CHRIST

Dahak would question himself about where he learned this expletive from, but there's no time for it!

Look, ye gods, if you have something against me, we should probably talk this out.
I'd rather have a loli vampire instead.

Judging from the gods' general disposition and the expressions on the faces of these humans, Dahak recons he's either actualy cursed, the gods hate him, or he just has a really poor sense of direction. All three are likely possibilities.

Not only are they late for the party, but they'll probably want to smash the only decent participant, I hope this village gets cursed again!

Having no choice, wrap yourself in your new cloak and try to sneak away. If they give chase, turn on the Fear Aura and empower it with every last bit of mana to try and spook them off, then run away as fast as possible towards the forest.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:08:19 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2016, 07:40:23 am »

Get back and breath-weapon it.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2016, 08:18:55 am »

"Well done. But let us see if you can land another strike."

If the boy's husk can still be drained, do so. If not - spit him out. The sight of this should at least distract the knight for second or so. If I can try to drain the knight, do so. Otherwise, keep fighting normally.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2016, 09:08:23 am »

(It's a bit too large to capture, and mindwiping states that it must be captured. Obviously brainwashing is not going to work if the enemy can just toss you around or retreat anyway. On the same note, wouldn't it be unfair if I managed to mind control a tier 10?)
quickly getting to his feet, he would attempt to Distort the senses of the ravager again in a attempt to keep it from striking at his kin. This beast was too large to control at the moment, and weakening it seemed the only way.
"I am fine, just protect yourself brother!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2016, 09:20:31 am »

(It's a bit too large to capture, and mindwiping states that it must be captured. Obviously brainwashing is not going to work if the enemy can just toss you around or retreat anyway. On the same note, wouldn't it be unfair if I managed to mind control a tier 10?)
((It's not controlling that's difficult - it's maintaining control. I'm quite sure that Ulkas can control some giant animal with low IND at this point. But it would drain mana really fast, allowing only killing or using this animal against immediate threats.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2016, 09:28:51 am »

(that's the thing though. My creature is not using magic to do it, just a natural ability.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2016, 09:32:27 am »

(Reading Dustan's story, it sounds more like soldiers fighting a monster than just a bunch of huge beetle/ants doing things. I wonder how this would look like... in human vision?)

https://youtu.be/saicyetXDxQ
Yep, the sig is here
I am a Christian

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2016, 09:51:58 am »

(I like how Dahak is going atm, in all honesty, I kinda like the "failed" transformation better then the original design I had for him :v, lots of destructive protection and crowd control on a good roll, hopefuly he'll actualy survive his HORRIBLE exploration rolls).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2016, 11:19:21 am »

(Reading Dustan's story, it sounds more like soldiers fighting a monster than just a bunch of huge beetle/ants doing things. I wonder how this would look like... in human vision?)

(if they were man sized, then maybe.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »

((will be really busy today, will only probably write two updates
TempAcc : I love Dahak crazy antics. When will he finally catch a breath ?
Dustan : oh I see. Indeed it would be maintaining control over the beast that would be hard, like Sarrak said.
And maybe ants and the like battles actually unfold like this ? With shouting and orders like a war, dunno :P))

Also ! I will add a new thing in the next turn. Humanity will get a turn, either in the form of exposition dialogue or a random hero wandering somewhere not too far from you.
I hope it will help you get a better grasp of the world and decide on what to do. ((of course it's meta-knowledge, but let's just hand-wave it as the instinct of a monster :P))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2016, 02:47:15 pm »

((I think that in human visions, it would sound like this :
"The Great Eye in the sky looks upon the desert. He sees a serpentine monster trekking in the desert, and a group of beetles in its path. The serpent generates a sand of cloud, it's original.
"Uh, interesting. Let's have a look at this".

Two beetle move out of the main group.
"mmh ?"
The serpent passes by them and one beetle suddenly latches on its belly ! The serpent shakes it off and fidget angrily.
"Oh, hot dam !" says the Eye.
The two beetles moves their antenna, it's funny. The serpent seems a bit weird, it contorts and flays around like a dumbass.
Oh, and the other beetles are forming a...dome ? Kinda gross.

Oh ! The two beetles latch again on the serpent ! Haha, it seems angry. Woah, it's blood. Not bad beetles.

Oh, oh ! The snake coils around. Uh ? It's raising some sand. Oh ! It suddenly uncoiled !

Hahaha, holy shit ! One of the beetle was thrown around and is now fidgeting funnily on its back. The other one agitates its antennas in all directions, weird."

Yeah, the Great Eye has nothing else to do.))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 146