Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295726 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #405 on: February 19, 2016, 07:44:28 pm »

This is a dangerous, yet precious opportunity. I crawl inside of it's guts, and begin shredding anything I touch to pieces as fast as I can. The more internal damage I do to it, the faster it will die and the less of a threat it will pose to the remaining kin. I also attempt to find the heart, because striking that will bleed it out very quickly.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 19, 2016, 07:46:27 pm »

Well, rest and recover, I guess. Not like I can do much else.

If I wake up with some MP, and HP over 12, keep walking.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 19, 2016, 08:02:24 pm »

"Yes, I help Leaf-Friend with Tree-Thing. Me follow, and fight."
Go which way the Life-Tree is
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 19, 2016, 08:14:08 pm »

(wut, this village is literally hell :v, or Dahak's lack of luck turned it into literal hell)

WHAT THE INFINITE HELL

Dahak isn't sure of how to react. Its like he just witnessed his bad luck suddenly gain sentience and decide it wants to punch everyone in the face.
For a moment, he thinks out there, somewhere, some sort of deity must either really like him or hate him, maybe both!
He's not sure how to feel about this.

I repeat my previous statement regarding the fact I would certainly prefer a loli vampire to this

Dahak then realizes this is no time to distill jokes out of the humans' misfortune. But he can't help but to wonder for a few seconds, still partially paralysed by the sudden influx of holy magic into the core of his being.

(Just what the hell is wrong with this place? Did they build this village over a sewer system linked directly to a Demon Lord's bathroom? A landfill filled with cursed rings of suck? The official embassy of the negative energy plane? Is this village's name boatmurdered or something?)

Regardless, he recovers his full motor functions a split second later, meaning this is time to get the hell out!

Proceed to get the hell out of this bermuda triangle analogy of a village, AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, doesn't matter where, as long its not filled to the brim with angry not dead or alive monsters or angry human zealots. Hopefuly you won't run into Cthulhu or Stephen Fry along the way, but considering your luck, take nothing for granted. Make sure to give a middle finger to anything and anyone around while you run.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 08:29:47 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:30 pm »

Turn 23a : Lore

Meanwhile in Vam, capital city of the kingdom of Fordania.
Adventurer Guild Reunion Room :

Today, a whole emergency reunion was requested by the Guild Representative, the person at the head of the Adventurer Guild.
The present persons were unusual. The Militia Captain of Vam, the Grand General of Fordania and many other important representatives were seated around the vast table of the simple reunion room.

The Guild Representative, a red-headed woman with piercing green eyes answered immediately :
"Dear military leaders, fellow adventurers. We are gathering today to speak of an important issue threatening the security of the whole kingdom. As you all know, reports of absurdly powerful monsters have risen at an alarming rate the past few months."

An adventurer rose his hand, and the Guild Representative nodded at him :
"Guild Representative, is it related to the rumor of "evolving monsters" ?"

A sudden murmur agitated the whole room. "Evolving Monsters", extremely rare creatures blessed with the power to evolve and transform into stronger monsters at alarming rate. While a normal monster would grow slowly in the course of its long life, these monsters could somehow evolve and transform in a matter of months or weeks instead of years.

They were usually really rare, in part thanks to the competition between monsters and the scarcity of such a power.

But recent sighting suggested that the number of these "evolving monsters" increased dramatically for no logical reason.

"It is" answered with a grave tone the Guild Representative.

The agitation immediately increased. The red-headed woman slammed her hands with force on the table and shouted :
"SILENCE !"

Everyone shut down instantly.

She resumed her speech.
"As such, we increased the number of extermination expeditions all around the kingdom. Results were at first promising, but in the end we couldn't keep up with the non-stopping increase of powerful monsters. That's why the Grand General is here."

A man of great stature rose from his chair, sporting a noble beard and an impressive armor.
"The Royal Army and the Adventurer Guild decided to join force, and launch full scale assault all around the kingdom to get rid of this threat. At the same time, we will keep investigating to see if we can find some clue about the rumored "Evolving Monsters". For the peace of Fordania."

"May I add something ?" said a small voice in the back.
"Speak up, Archmagus."

An old man stood up, it wore a beautiful and stylish indigo coat, and his white mustache was nicely groomed :
"Magi will be responsible of the investigation. We also recently found out that strong monsters population density dramatically increases around lifeforce nodes. Of course they are not at the source of this crisis, as "Evolving Monsters" were sighted in places devoid of nodes. But destroying them or capturing should at least greatly slow the apparition of these powerful monsters."

"Thank you Archmagus" said the Guild Representative.

The Grand General nodded at an officer. The young man stood up.
"I, Captain Garm will lead the first joint expedition. We will strike at the Eastern border of the kingdom, first targeting the Elon Woods, then we will expand and strike the surrounding zones : the Copper Desert, the Karak Crystal Steppes and finally the Raiao Mountains, called "the Evil Mountains" by the local villagers."

(...)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:21:02 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:30 pm »

(wut, this village is literally hell :v, or Dahak's lack of luck turned it into literal hell)
(Hey, maybe you have a unique trait that spawn Corruptors and other mind-fuckeries ? You may be some kind of soul-anchor for an eldritch dimension.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 19, 2016, 08:35:45 pm »

((I love it!))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 19, 2016, 08:42:06 pm »

Ferratus simply laughs, both due to the rush of power from the knight and at the reaction of his fellows.

"Kill me? Good luck."

Throw the lance at the priest and rush him. Kill him before he can use his tricks. Should the knight intercept me, disable him and return to priest killing.

((Funfact: Ferratus was originally intended to be honorable, willing to take sacrifices for the sake of vengeance, but ultimately a pretty okay guy. The corruption changed him into morally-bankrupt, power-hungry and slowly moving into omnicide territory. And now he ended up being kinda tragic. I think the archetype for what he's now is called a byronic hero or something like that.))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:06:15 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 19, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »

((The sudden Corruption was an interesting twist, like a sudden change in destiny. I like how you adapted it.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 19, 2016, 10:32:12 pm »

(meanwhile, A beetle is going to become a hero to both bug and mankind by slaying a great and terrifying beast.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 19, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »

(or die trying ! ;))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 19, 2016, 11:07:50 pm »

(or die trying ! ;))
(it's kind of a sure thing if the beast's guts are spilling out. not even dwarves can recover from it.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 19, 2016, 11:36:58 pm »

(it's kind of a sure thing if the beast's guts are spilling out. not even dwarves can recover from it.)
(Actually, they can ! Ever had a dwarf drag its guts behind for the rest of its life ? xD
But yeah, one more 1 and it is dead. You could actually have killed it earlier if you had called for your swarm.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 19, 2016, 11:43:09 pm »

(Actually, they can ! Ever had a dwarf drag its guts behind for the rest of its life ? xD
But yeah, one more 1 and it is dead. You could actually have killed it earlier if you had called for your swarm.)
(Two things, that would prevent him from doing that. One, his duty is to the queen, or in this case, the queen-to-be. He sees his life as disposable as long as the princesss survives.
Two, it's not His/My swarm, and therefore he has no real control over it. He can request assistance if he feels that he will not be able to win, and individual members may decide to do their own thing, but ultimately they answer to the princess alone and not him.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 19, 2016, 11:58:48 pm »

(Two things, that would prevent him from doing that. One, his duty is to the queen, or in this case, the queen-to-be. He sees his life as disposable as long as the princesss survives.
Two, it's not His/My swarm, and therefore he has no real control over it. He can request assistance if he feels that he will not be able to win, and individual members may decide to do their own thing, but ultimately they answer to the princess alone and not him.)
((Yeah fair enough, I wasn't sure how your species Hive system was working when splitting, so I just did a roll for the swarm to see if they would assist you.))
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 146