Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295871 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2016, 02:41:13 pm »

((Unrelated to HP-checking, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't have made the Sentinel a woman, with Dovarus having a crush on her and being all tsundere about it. Oh well, it's not too late as I didn't reveal the Sentinel gender :P))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:12 pm »

((Ferratus was at -2 HP just before he transformed, unless I miscounted. Don't retcon him, pls.))
((Weird, I remember calculating the HP so that you would end up at +1 before transformation. I must have miscalculated it. And no retcon, I'm not a sadist :P))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2016, 02:55:06 pm »

Absorb a little bit of mana from the crystals around me and convert it into HP/PV, then break a tiny chunk off of me and offer it to... errr... that red lizard guy. I need learn his name. Give him the shard to absorb my essence from in thank of his protection. Slowly start bobbing my way out of the tunnel.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2016, 03:03:42 pm »

(:v! I'm modifying my action atm since the GM winked heavily at me because of it)
(Edit: done :v, thank you, mysterious voice inside my head that I hope isn't undead schizophrenia)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:07:48 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:46 pm »

((Unrelated to HP-checking, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't have made the Sentinel a woman, with Dovarus having a crush on her and being all tsundere about it. Oh well, it's not too late as I didn't reveal the Sentinel gender :P))
("w-why did you have to guard all the way out there? It's so lonely in here!... N-not that I like you!.... Baka.")
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2016, 04:07:19 pm »

Turn 20

Ferratus the Corrupted Armor
"Ah, finally the village is near. It looks full of life. Full of prey."

Approach the village. Not too close though. Wouldn't want to alert the whole place already. Find prey on the outskirts.
[3] You approach the village carefully, masking your rampant corruption with a cloth taken to the peasant.
A sweet innocent little voice surprise you from behind :
"Who are you mister ?" says a little girl.

You suddenly feel something stirring deep in yourself. It's nauseating. You hear a voice, it's Kardassus :
"Don't...Ferratus...this is not you..."

Another voice, an incomprehensible one says :
"Feed on her. On all of them. Become stronger."

You feel torn.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Spoiler: Nature Powers! (click to show/hide)

I follow the Lady Leaf-Thing, being sure to carry Arbos gently
For story purpose, your transformation will take place a but later
You follow the Sylvarian lady all the way through the forest, deeper into the greenery. Eventually, you reach an incredible place : an immense tree with a trunk so large that even five giants like you couldn't circle it. Various Sylvarian are idling here, looking at you with their golden glowing, expectant eyes.

The coffin containing Arbos is taken by the Sylvarian lady, who brings it to the great tree. A gap open in it, the roots put Arbos in it, and the gap close, only leaving its head visible.

You see the golden energy, the essence flowing through Arbos and healing him. His withered face regains its life, and his dim golden eyes glows progressively stronger.

Transformation Success Roll : [3]

At the same moment, your own body basks in a golden light. Every Sylvarian around gasp in surprise.
Your once dead wood suddenly come to life, becoming once more colorful. Leaves and twigs grow, giving the impression that you are wearing some kind of leafy fur. Some strange fruits begin to appear.
You also grow bigger, and your beige clay take a dark green color.

You gained +1 Resistance and +5 HP
You lost the trait Very Big
You acquired the trait Huge
You acquired the trait Clay Fruits
You are now a Green Sylvan Clay Giant

Arbos who regained consciousness, mutters audibly :
"Truly magnificent... So that is the power of the essence."

Snehk the Stalker
Spoiler: Snehk's transformation (click to show/hide)

Transform and try to find a way out.
Transformation Success Roll : [2]

Still crushed under the weight of the Rock Eater, you feel your body growing and twitching.
Your claws, you feel them getting stronger and sharper. You take this occasion to carve your way through the dead worm.

You emerge finally out of the body, and you realize your body has changed. You also feel your magic power has increased.

You have gained +1 Power and +5 HP
You acquired the trait Mark and Recall
You acquired the skill Whispers of the Damned
You are now a stalker

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
((I also quite like how plots and stuff are popping here and there, prob a hassle to deal with as a GM, but the game is certainly evolving nicely and becoming more fun!))

Se-se-seven-n he-hells, I need to-to watch how I use-ee these newflanged powers in the fu-future.

Dahak tries to recompose himself, and notices that, while he has clearly hit the bullseye with the strike, his foe appears to not have lost much of his body's integrity. Dahak would scowl, if he could. Seems that the damn thing got caught in the fear aura, and was way more affected by it then Dahak himself. But what the hell is it? He knew it wasn't alive, but its not undead either, since the dagger did nothing. Damn thing can talk, too, altough now it only seems to be screaming terribly.

What the hell, this is no time to play one hit wonder artifact with me, you feeble implement!

Dahak would make an expression similar to this >:v if he could.

I don't know what the hell you are, bud, but I'm afraid your fear is totally well founded.

Attempt to make the Corruptor Feel the Fear, well, even more then he already is feeling :v.
At first, you prepare to plunge the dagger deeper into the Corruptor body. But a weird voice tell you to make it "feel the fear".
Oh okay Great Mysterious voice, why not.
[4] You focus on the Corruptor fear and channel your inner magical energy. The fear all over its body suddenly turn into pure physical pain. A feeling so alien to the Corruptor, that it twitches even more violently, like if it had difficulties maintaining its form. Its ectoplasmic body swirls and spurts.
You hear this scream of pain in your head again, this time stronger than before.

"WHaT iS THiiIiIiS ?"

[4] Deeply hurt and moving erratically, the Corruptor still find the time to counterattack. It grabs your hand still holding the dagger with an ectoplasmic appendage, and invade your soul.
[2] You try to resist the invasion, but you are not used to people actually doing mind tricks on you. It's usually the other way around. You feel your sense of self vanishing, flickering.
You lose -1 Individuality
(Last until the end of the fight. If your Individuality reach -3, the Corruptor will take over your mind and you will die)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Ok, Now I Shall Go To the Surface!
[4] To the Surface You Go !
Levitating greatly help you travel around the caverns and take some shortcuts.
You feel the surroundings getting brighter and brighter, you are getting close to the Surface. Eventually, you feel the disgustingly fresh and pure air of the Surface world. You feel like puking. The entrance of the cavern is blocked by some roots, you spread them and come out of the cavern.

What is this ? So much greenery. You are in a forest.

Glint the Unstable Elemental Calcivore
((Shouldn't I have gotten essence from the riders?))

If he can see me, I should be able to mesmerize him. Turn that light up to full.

Either way, use my breath attack on him. Armor can hardly protect him against lightening, and there are plenty of joints to freeze shut.

((note, I added a small detail to your abilities. Basically, your unstable breath use HP and MP, and your unstable body will hurt physical attackers))
[4-1] (distance) He is too far too breath ! You use your glassy body to mesmerize him. It seems to work a little as the rider looks at you a moment, but not very long. He resumes fleeing, disappearing behind a rocky dune.

? the Aradian Mirage Beetle Lord
I order my kin form a circle around the princess, to defend her if whatever it is out there gets past me. I personally move to intercept the shadow.
"Hold your ground and protect the princess at all cost ! She is the future of our hive !" you orders your fellow Aradian Mirage Beetles, as you head toward the shadow in the sandstorm.
The Guard yells you :"You are crazy going alone ! I will accompany you !"

[5] The Aradian Mirage Beetles form an impregnable wall around the royalty.
The sandstorm approaches fast, with the big shadow lurking inside it. You hear a long howl, and recognize it : a Storm Ravager. A terrible monster rumored to be able to create sandstorms, and to use them to camouflage and disorient its preys.

The sandstorm strikes your group, and the beetle wall stands strong, unmoved by the strong winds.

As for you, you see the shadow charging at you. You skillfully evade it and counterattack immediately, managing to strike a weak point despite being blinded by the sand. A terrible roar is heard.

You get a better view of the shadow. It's indeed a Storm Ravager, and it is enormous.
Its eight blue eyes are gazing at you, and its elongated head opens its maw revealing rows of sharp teeth.
It also expands its massive wings, obscuring the sky. You don't see the end of its snake-like body in the sandstorm.

Shiny the Earth Mana Shard
Absorb a little bit of mana from the crystals around me and convert it into HP/PV, then break a tiny chunk off of me and offer it to... errr... that red lizard guy. I need learn his name. Give him the shard to absorb my essence from in thank of his protection. Slowly start bobbing my way out of the tunnel.
[6] You absorb the mana around you, and convert it at the same time to repair your body. But your weakened body suck up the surrounding mana like a starved creature. You sap away all the mana of the surrounding crystals, overloading your body capacity !

You lose consciousness.
You recover all your MP
You recover all your HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Ulkas the Quasit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:01:17 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Tried to make a detailed bio at first, realized it takes too much time and place in the first post. Your opinion?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2016, 04:08:54 pm »

(Really interesting so far :
-Ferratus story is taking an extremely dark turn. We will see how it will go for him, and how his choices will affect his destiny.
-Robobert story is taking interesting, unexpected proportions.
-Dahak just met another way to possibly die ! Good luck !
-? is facing a big baddie. Let's see how it turns out)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2016, 04:09:42 pm »

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

Tried to make a detailed bio at first, realized it takes too much time and place in the first post. Your opinion?
(Nice ! I will add it. It summarizes everything really well.)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2016, 04:15:25 pm »

((Wait, wait. I still have to do eight more bios and update my own one... What about I create a single post with bios and you link/copy it when it's finished?))

"Perfect. How about Tinzakena? It would be quite hilarious... If we succeed, of course."

Begin!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »

(Be sure to rename my species, alright? I notice he's still called a beige wood clay giant. And the Clay Balls are the fruit, they are the same thing.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2016, 04:18:41 pm »

((Wait, wait. I still have to do eight more bios and update my own one... What about I create a single post with bios and you link/copy it when it's finished?))

"Perfect. How about Tinzakena? It would be quite hilarious... If we succeed, of course."

Begin!
(Don't worry, I will add them progressively, and add a link to your main post)

(Be sure to rename my species, alright? I notice he's still called a beige wood clay giant.)
(good point, did the change !)

(writing Sarrak turn, will add it to the main post)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:20:25 pm by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

(( I'll post a bio for Snehk later, when there'd be more of his adventures than devouring a mammalian creature and killing a rock eater. ))

Go to the forest. Explore a bit, find new prey.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2016, 04:22:38 pm »

((Shit.))

Wake up! Now! Then complete my last action.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »

((Shit.))
((Mana Overdose. Don't do drugs kids !))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 146