Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62338 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »

Yes that is wifom and brushing off persus's death well all we can really get from just examining his death is wifom it looks like because persus barely posted we can't get much info because few people voted them and their posts when they did post were preety barren.
True, but if you're going to use WIFOM as an attack against me, then my defense is equally WIFOM: If I'm Mafia, I'm not going to kill the IC. That's stupid and invalidates the purpose of the game. But, that's WIFOM, so there's that. Plus, going by his tone in most responses, he seemed to have a neutral to lukewarm reaction to me. You don't kill people like that.

Of course, this defense fails if you point out that I could not be choosing attacks, but the whole thing is stupid. I posted it so I wouldn't be killed (Or maybe so that I would be killed?), but instead, my free time was killed instead.

I do read webadict as town. More accurately, I did "yesterday". Currently, though, he's slipping into neutral ground, not offering up much. Though considering the weekend only ended yesterday, not a lot of people have.

Webadict:
     You haven't done much scumhunting yet. Why? Isn't that the point of town?
Honestly because of lack of time. Day started after Friday workday, so I went home and did otherwise. Saturday and Sunday are weekends, so I'm not gonna do anything useful then either. Monday came around, and I posted to let everyone know I didn't die. So, I don't blame the suspicion since I'm not being entirely useful at the moment. Nothing has really jumped out at me yet, but nobody has really stepped up to take a swing for our second lynch target. Not that I blame them, this is what happens when you kill the IC. Nobody talks, and the dead IC becomes less interested in the game. It's a subpar strategy for subpar scum.

So, I guess that means I have to do something, right? I mean, no one else will, so why not. I probably won't have something until tomorrow though. I'll have a more normal day. Maybe.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »

Yeah people definitely need to talk more because without people talking were gonna get nowhere because if no one talks then they certainly aren't gonna be voting either which means the day will simply end with a no Lynch and the Mafia getting a free kill.This not talking at all is something scum would be very happy about.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2016, 06:33:47 pm »

Yeah people definitely need to talk more because without people talking were gonna get nowhere because if no one talks then they certainly aren't gonna be voting either which means the day will simply end with a no Lynch and the Mafia getting a free kill.This not talking at all is something scum would be very happy about.

ATH, it is indeed quiet. Perhaps you'd like to ask some questions, get us started?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2016, 06:46:31 pm »

Okay then
Webadict: what are your current scum reads and why do you think the way you do.

Hector: Why do you think there's so little activity and as well who do you think is most likely scum and why?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2016, 06:52:05 pm »

Funny you would say that, ATH. Not only have you not placed a single vote today, looking back at your previous votes...

gentlefish
How much of a gentle fish are you truly do you have any gut feelings? Are you secretly NotSoGentlefish a ravenous scum bent on murdering us all!? Answer me FISH!
I've played like eh...2 or 4 I died day 1 in almost all of them because of me being way too honest and no one believing me I won a game though surprisingly and I've been town in all my games.
Okay then I'll try to be a little more aggressive then
Hector13
How do you feel about being a replacement?have any plans? Tell me something begin talking! Do you have any reads yet!? Who do you think could be scum?
Okay so far I've been reading for a little bit ((reason I haven't been posting)) and I think I've formed some opinions I  leaning on Hector being town currently because he hasent rubbed me the wrong way yet and as such I don't hold much suspicion towards him.I'd say that snow dwarf could be town but I'm leaning that he's scum as he seems evasive? I guess that's how you'd put it so Snow dwarf why are you being so evasive when people asked for your list you supposedly only gave part of it I want to know everyone on it.
2/3 are RVS votes—I consider generic replacement questions to be RVS-equivalent, as they're about as thoughtless, though some may disagree—and 2/3 are bandwagons. That's pretty bad!

gentlefish
How much of a gentle fish are you truly do you have any gut feelings? Are you secretly NotSoGentlefish a ravenous scum bent on murdering us all!? Answer me FISH!
I've played like eh...2 or 4 I died day 1 in almost all of them because of me being way too honest and no one believing me I won a game though surprisingly and I've been town in all my games.
This is an RVS vote. It's also a piggyback on my RVS vote, which is super weird and not usually done. On its own, I'd ignore it, but combined with this,

Okay so far I've been reading for a little bit ((reason I haven't been posting)) and I think I've formed some opinions I  leaning on Hector being town currently because he hasent rubbed me the wrong way yet and as such I don't hold much suspicion towards him.I'd say that snow dwarf could be town but I'm leaning that he's scum as he seems evasive? I guess that's how you'd put it so Snow dwarf why are you being so evasive when people asked for your list you supposedly only gave part of it I want to know everyone on it.
it makes me feel like you're hopping on bandwagons to build towncred, especially since your question is pretty much the same as webadict's.

Some answers to questions.
I gave up my vote on Vector cause it kind of was an OMGUS and I don't what alignment is he.
I'm not sharing my scum list.
I'm voting for doomchild cause he is the number one scum on my list.
I think Doomchild and Elephantparade or AbstractTraitorHero are scum. I don't really know why EP, something just gives me a feeling about him (maybe the fact that elephants are killers), Doomchild and ABT seem like scums cause they have done everything to seem like town but I don't think they are together cause they had a fight before.
QUESTIONS:
@Elephantparade Why do you think Doomchild is scum.
@Doomchild Why shouldn't I vote on you? (don't say something like: because I'm not mafia)
@AbstractTraitorHero Why Hector might be scum? He did say some weird things but I wouldn't be voting on him, there are some more scummy-like people.
How are you not sharing your scumlist if you are suspicious of Doomchild, Elephant Parade, AND AbstractTraitorHero? That's 3/8 other players. Seems like your whole list, doesn't it?

ATH: Why has your only real attack been a bandwagon?

Okay then
Webadict: what are your current scum reads and why do you think the way you do.

Hector: Why do you think there's so little activity and as well who do you think is most likely scum and why?
What thoughtful questions! This isn't RVS. These questions could have been asked by any player in any game.

Rereading, ATH's question isn't "pretty much the same as" webadict's, though they're still fairly similar.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2016, 06:59:34 pm »

Actually only one of those could be even considered a bandwagon which is snowdwarf but I voted him because as it says in the quoted post I felt he was evasive and dodging questions and that felt scummy to me.Gentlefish which I assume is the other bandwagon your talking about I actually was beaten to the punch by someone else why I was writing that post but I decided to post it anyway after adding some detail about my GE history.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2016, 07:00:19 pm »

Double post edit
*My* history.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2016, 07:05:24 pm »

Here's a list of whom voted for snow dwarf, in order so far as I can tell:
Gentlefish, webadict, AbstractTraitorHero, doomchild, Persus13

Time to hunt for the bandwagoniers!

Webadict:
You're busy with life, I get that. I am, too. Coming up on the end of school, it isn't easy to stay active in a game of mafia. But why haven't you been asking more questions with substance? You're needling targets, sure, but just to fluster them? Why aren't you utilizing information from earlier in the game in your questions?

ATH:
After webadict (whom has some odd, though valid time-related reasons for playing like he is) you're the next to vote for poor dwarf, whom flipped town. As webadict even pointed out, your suspicions were poorly reasoned. How are you planning to use the information of snow dwarf's death as a tool for scum hunting?

DoomChild:
You've had reasoned suspicions for snow, and voted him when he offered the idea that maybe he -was- mafia. Your vote -seems- right, but if I take a page out of Hector's book (:P) that does make me feel a little uncomfortable. Do you think it's likely that someone whom voted for snow dwarf is mafia? How do you plan on rooting them out?

EP:
You've been accused a fair few times of being an active lurker. I, personally, believe this is because you've taken a broad approach to scumhunting on D1, which is a valid tactic IMHO. What are you planning to do with the information groundwork you've laid out today? Do you plan on narrowing your hunt to one or two targets?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2016, 07:11:05 pm »

I plan to use the information of snow dwarves death as we have one less town and potentially one of the people who voted him is scum so they should be the prime suspects what I really want to do is get everyone talking so it will allow me to see if anyone's acting particularly off gather some gut feelings and the like and I'll fully admit looking back at it my reason's for voting snowdwarf were poorly thought out because it was more of a gut feeling then real actual evidence and it shows in my post agasint him.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2016, 07:21:49 pm »

I plan to use the information of snow dwarves death as we have one less town and potentially one of the people who voted him is scum so they should be the prime suspects what I really want to do is get everyone talking so it will allow me to see if anyone's acting particularly off gather some gut feelings and the like and I'll fully admit looking back at it my reason's for voting snowdwarf were poorly thought out because it was more of a gut feeling then real actual evidence and it shows in my post agasint him.

That's a good admission. However, you sound like you wish to lurk and read everyone's posts. Why aren't you asking questions? You have a whole "day's" (More like a week's, really) worth of material to use as ammunition. Where are your questions?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2016, 07:25:36 pm »

...what I really want to do is get everyone talking...

Except you only asked questions of me and webadict so... how do you plan on doing that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »

Because I'm not entirely sure what I can really ask that can actually be of use that aren't extremely generic I notice my behavior in real life is generally listen,react,listen, react,charge,listen basically I need something that makes me feel suspicious about someone before I can truly get my head into gear I'd say.
...what I really want to do is get everyone talking...

Except you only asked questions of me and webadict so... how do you plan on doing that?
Asking everyone a question won't get everyone talking but trying to get the thread moving will I simply feel I can't give a meaningful question at this moment that would engage everyone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »

Well, ATH, actions speak louder than words. You say you want to try to get everyone to get talking, but you don't seem very willing to do it. As Gentlefish said, we've had a week of play, so I find it hard to believe you have no meaningful questions for anyone.

As EP said (ah snap, agreeing with my scumreads... bastards :))) your questions to me and Webadict seemed more RVS in nature than scumhunting.

Persus mentioned on D1 a few times (no quotes, PFP) thy asking questions to everyone is a bit pointless, so I want to see some meaningful questions (and follow up!) from you to at least 2 other players, seeing as there's 2 scum still left.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2016, 08:09:53 pm »

Also, extend, as we've had minimal action this day and 27 hours left to find the remaining scum.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:32 pm »

I agree. I've got two test this week. Shouldn't... Be much of an issue, but extend just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40