Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62341 times)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2016, 03:19:23 pm »

I will respond to that at 3pm when I have time to properly think up a plan and am finished with my schoolwork as I am in class at the moment.

Think up a plan, or consult with your partner?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2016, 03:23:02 pm »

An excellent point.  Who would you, Elephant Parade, least like to see as the scumteam in this game, and why?
Perseus13 and Vector. IC DREAM TEAM rarely works out well for town.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2016, 05:12:51 pm »

Yay home so
How I'm gonna Dodge the noise I'm gonna be less trigger happy I find I mostly die because I'm too honest and people simply don't believe me so in other words I'm gonna try to be more careful with what I say.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2016, 05:15:55 pm »

Yay home so
How I'm gonna Dodge the noise I'm gonna be less trigger happy I find I mostly die because I'm too honest and people simply don't believe me so in other words I'm gonna try to be more careful with what I say.
I don't think that that'll work, but it's an answer. Unvote.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2016, 08:56:42 pm »

Doomchild, you're attacking lurkers. That's easy. How come you're not asking anyone else anything? Are you afraid of giving up your role on accident and want to play it safe?

Yeah, you're right.  I am going after lurkers.  I suppose a lot of that would be that it seems (after reading previous games) that lurkers tend to do way more harm than good to town, and since I want to win, we need to get them to talk, right?

But in the spirit of trying to be more proactive (sometimes I have a bad habit of becoming too passive), what role (Doctor, Cop, etc) would you, Gentlefish, most like to have in this game, and why?

In this game? Jailer would be fun for once. I've had Mafioso and cop. Never jailer. Block/save would be interesting if nothing happened in the night, I think. I'd have to look over the posts.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2016, 12:17:43 am »

I haven't read any of the games with crazy role setups, so the Jailer seemed like a weird one to me, but I could definitely see how it could affect the game's pace and outcome.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2016, 02:47:32 pm »

fillipk has been replaced by hector13!

Day Ends in 76 Hours

Votes:

Elephant Parade -
Gentlefish (1) - AbstractTraitorHero
doomchild (1) - Gentlefish
TinFoilTopHat (1) - doomchild
snow dwarf (1) - Vector
hector13 -
AbstractTraitorHero -
Persus13 -
Vector (1) - snow dwarf

No lynch -

Not voting - Persus13, Elephant Parade, Hector13, TinFoilTopHat

TinFoilTopHat has been prodded.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2016, 02:50:02 pm »

Working on a bigger post, but since you're here right now: Persus13 needs a prod, I'm pretty sure; he hasn't made a single post all game.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2016, 03:03:44 pm »

Vector, your vote is still on snow dorf; they committed OMGUS, yes, but it was in their first-ever Mafia post, and their subsequent posts showed that they didn't yet have any idea how to play the game. It's been a day and a half; shouldn't you be using that vote to pressure someone else?

snow dorf: At this point, you should probably be at least slightly suspicious of at least one other player. Ask them questions! Not doing anything is known as "lurking", and will probably get you lynched. Also, you still have that OMGUS vote on Vector; if you no longer have any reason to be voting someone—say, they responded to your RVS question/statement—you shouldn't be voting them. By the way, voting someone solely or primarily because they voted you is referred to as OMGUS, or "Oh My God You Suck", and considered a strong scumtell.
ATH: If your noose-avoidance strategy is being hilariously passive, let me tell you right now: It won't work. If you keep this up, I expect you'll get lynched for being completely useless. You have not asked a single question.
TinFoilTopHat: You haven't posted. Please post.

Persus13: You are the IC. You have not made a single post. Did you forget you were in the game, or what? I'm not going to throw in a pressure vote because I'm pretty sure you don't know you're in the game, but this is ridiculous.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2016, 03:12:01 pm »

Okay then I'll try to be a little more aggressive then
Hector13
How do you feel about being a replacement?have any plans? Tell me something begin talking! Do you have any reads yet!? Who do you think could be scum?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »

I don't know if you know this, E.P., but I work 6 jobs, it's the "weekend" (not for me, but you know... technically, so not necessary to be active right now by subforum rule fiat), and I need to reread the game (which I am doing right now, but I have to get up and serve tea every few minutes).

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2016, 04:29:19 pm »

I'm here, just been busy with stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2016, 04:46:30 pm »

I don't know if you know this, E.P., but I work 6 jobs, it's the "weekend" (not for me, but you know... technically, so not necessary to be active right now by subforum rule fiat), and I need to reread the game (which I am doing right now, but I have to get up and serve tea every few minutes).

Hey, everyone. It's been a long time.
I realize that weekends are free, but you were also inactive on Friday—or does Friday count as part of the weekend, mafia-wise? I don't actually know. Either way, it sounds like you've been too busy to play, so I'll unvote.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2016, 05:24:45 pm »

I'm keeping my vote on TinFoilTopHat for the moment, as I think pressure on him for lurking isn't a bad thing, but here are some questions for others:

• Gentlefish:  Would you rather be town or scum?
  • AbstractTraitorHero:  You mentioned getting lynched before for being "too honest".  How could honesty get you lynched unless you were scum?
  • Elephant Parade:  You're very in people's faces about posting.  Does silence make you uncomfortable?
  • snow dwarf:  How do you plan on finding scum?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2016, 05:28:00 pm »

It's called no one believes you and believes your lying when in all reality your not.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40