Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62347 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak (Day 2)
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »

Meaningful questions and follow up we'll you are certainly not doing that and you haven't this whole day you haven't tried to get anyone talking while I have and if I had any questions right now I would shout them out loud. You know what I have a question for you.
Why have you not been trying to find out other people's opinions about this instead of jumping on what looks like it is quickly becoming a bandwagon your simply following everyone else and honestly you've not actually contributed anything meaningful or attempted to at all besides this I've been trying and failing so if your gonna call me scum come at me with some actual evidence instead of piggybacking on what other people have said to do otherwise seems incrediblely scummy so Hector 13Convince me your town because from what I'm reading today you seem like a grade a scum too me.
Extend
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2016, 08:27:32 pm »

Did you read D1 at all? I asked pointed questions of most everyone, EP and Gentlefish in particular.

I mean, during EP's absence for exams and stuff I made sure that he knew I wanted a response to questions I asked him in every significant post I made until day end and my first major post of D2. I did the same to Gentlefish when they said they'd look over EP's posts after I accused EP of active lurking. I haven't responded to their responses yet, fair enough, but I'm engaging with the game beyond your "we need to get people to talk, but I don't know how to do that."

Of the two of us, I think you're the one that needs to show you're town, given the bandwagon forming. My vote on you was later than the others, yes, but my FoS (basically telling you a vote will be forthcoming unless you can show me it should be elsewhere) was before the bandwagon formed.

Do you think an OMGUS on your most recent voter is the best way to show you're town?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:28 pm »

Did you read D1 at all? I asked pointed questions of most everyone, EP and Gentlefish in particular.

I mean, during EP's absence for exams and stuff I made sure that he knew I wanted a response to questions I asked him in every significant post I made until day end and my first major post of D2. I did the same to Gentlefish when they said they'd look over EP's posts after I accused EP of active lurking. I haven't responded to their responses yet, fair enough, but I'm engaging with the game beyond your "we need to get people to talk, but I don't know how to do that."

Of the two of us, I think you're the one that needs to show you're town, given the bandwagon forming. My vote on you was later than the others, yes, but my FoS (basically telling you a vote will be forthcoming unless you can show me it should be elsewhere) was before the bandwagon formed.

Do you think an OMGUS on your most recent voter is the best way to show you're town?
I dunno man, I want to hear why you're Town too. Because those weren't good answers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2016, 08:39:17 pm »

Unsurprising that you're defending ATH, meng.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2016, 08:41:13 pm »

I certainly do not feel I'm OMGUSing yes I did read day 1 and I got absolutely nothing out of it your questions did not seem pointed at all to me and really felt like your just trying to get someone killed I literally just reread your posts and they certainly from where I see it now dont make you seem town whatsoever and personally I find the pseudo vote to be scummy in it of it self because you can throw it anywhere you want without people honestly caring because it's threatening it dosent convince people to respond and only ses like an attpt to pressure someone without actually risking your own neck.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »

Extend.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Daybreak.
« Reply #321 on: April 12, 2016, 09:05:58 pm »

Day 2 has been extended.

Silthuri has been warned. If she does not post in the next 24 hours, she will be replaced.

Day 2 ends 4/15/16 at 23:59:59 in 3 days.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:10:06 pm by O.Wilde »
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 12, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »

An edit to the last part of my post
*its not threatening it dosent convince people to respond and only seems like an attempt to pressure someone without risking your own neck*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 12, 2016, 10:46:11 pm »

I certainly do not feel I'm OMGUSing yes I did read day 1 and I got absolutely nothing out of it your questions did not seem pointed at all to me and really felt like your just trying to get someone killed I literally just reread your posts and they certainly from where I see it now dont make you seem town whatsoever and personally I find the pseudo vote to be scummy in it of it self because you can throw it anywhere you want without people honestly caring because it's threatening it dosent convince people to respond and only ses like an attpt to pressure someone without actually risking your own neck.

Well you're not going to admit to an OMGUS are you?

I'm going to need you to provide examples of my non-pointed questions. If we were to compare my questions and your questions from yesterday, I think mine generated more content (though I will accept that could just be regression to the mean, since I did ask a lot more questions than you)

What's scummy about an FoS, exactly? I have one vote, and there are two scum. There are also 6 players, of whom I know only what they post. My vote is the only way I can tell someone I'm suspicious of them, to put pressure on them, and an FoS is kind of secondary to that, basically saying "OK, presently I don't think what you're doing warrants a vote, but you're heading there"

It threatened you enough to make you respond, just not in the way I was hoping, so that's why I dropped my vote on you. Then you dropped a vote on me and said I'm now suddenly your ATH enemy #1.

How does an FoS not risk bringing attention to me? I'm basically telling everyone I find whoever I FoS to be quite suspicious. That's a pretty significant step.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 12, 2016, 11:01:14 pm »

Your still not defending yourself Hector your trying to bash me over the head until I give up it looks like more then anything and the content that was generated was not nesscarily good it got a Townie lynched Hector and ill say that that was not nesscarily your fault it can happen to the best of us  I fell pray to it too I honestly believed he was scum at the time but  to be honest I don't want you to be scum I want to be able to trust you.But your not giving me any real reasons why you aren't scum so far so I can't believe you yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 12, 2016, 11:08:17 pm »

Er, how exactly did the content I generate get snow dwarf lynched? Of all the claims you have made so far, this is probably the most ridiculous, especially without evidence.

I'm bashing you on the head because your claims, from my perspective, are nonsense. You say my questions weren't pointed and that I was just trying to get someone killed, but you won't provide examples of it.

You won't convince me that I'm scum, but if you hope to get me lynched then you're going to have to convince the others that I'm scum. You won't do that just by saying these things happened, you need to point to quotes and your analysis of them.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 12, 2016, 11:28:02 pm »

Well first of all you your self said you'd be most dangerous as scum for a beginner's game and the thing that got snowdwarf lynched was you asking for his list repeatedly which caused his death because the others including me ended up forming a wagon in him so while your not the direct cause I feel that you ultimately got him killed and your questions aren't pointed they don't hit hard they feel weak half added it just feels like your trying to not attract attention your talking but your not very noticeable! You simply sound like scum to me and I'm not going to stop attacking until you actually start defending yourself your weakly trying to tell me off your nor trying to convince me theirs no weight behind your words!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:23 pm »

What do you expect me to say? I think I come across as town, but I'm as biased as anyone else is toward what they're saying.

I don't want you to stop attacking me, I want you to provide evidence of what you're saying.If you don't support your argument nobody will join you.

Case in point: I don't think I ever said I'd be dangerous as scum in this game. Partly because I don't like RVS questions, and partly because I joined the game in the middle of D1, when there were fewer RVS questions and I certainly wasn't going to drag the game back into RVS by answering RVS questions.

As I said, I questioned most everyone D1. How does trying to engage everyone tell you I'm trying not to draw attention to myself?

We need evidence here, ATH. I'm going to knock back everything you say if you don't provide it, I can't defend myself against your accusations if you don't provide it, and people can't decide if you have a good case or not if you don't provide it.

Quotes please, for all the things of which you've accused me.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 12, 2016, 11:56:42 pm »

Hector13 congratulations you passed! What I just did was a gamble that was based on looking at the people I least suspected and then seeing what happens when I put a stupid amount of pressure on them via shouting insane troll logic I mean everything I said was basically complete and utter nonsense and insanity becuase you said basically none of the things i implied or said you said.Your only thing i could fault you honestly on is the pointed questions bit I do actually believe your questions need to be a little bit more penetrating though and as for know you've convinced me that my town lean for you is probably correct and as such Unvote.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2016, 11:58:55 pm »

My demand for you to start engaging with other people still stands, so my vote will remain until it happens. You have an extra 48 hours to do this, which should be plenty of time.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40