Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62377 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #165 on: April 03, 2016, 09:05:46 pm »

Gentlefish

However, what makes doomchild more likely to be scum than Elephant Parade or Vector?

Doomchild, up to the point where I started going after him, had been only hassling TFTH, which, if they were questioning other people, would have been fine. The biggest seller, alongside with "I'm town!", is the fact that until they were provoked, they saw fit to only go after a lurker. I understand the "I'm town" is a weak tell, but it's the little things that add up.

They both also said they were town when asked about who they thought was town. EP has appeared to active lurk, as have the newer players, though perhaps because they don't know what questions to ask.

If EP has been activelurking, I'm not noticing it. I'll go back thorugh and read their posts. However, from what I can recall, and from the small topic summary beneath the reply box, EP has been asking and answering questions of mild substance. Vector, also, has been engaging other active players (minus this time where she's exiled herself from the net (may that be going well for you!)). Hence, my strongest suspicion is Doomchild.

Is there any evidence you can find of doomchild not activelurking, for example when they were engaging in the game?

Spoiler: Short answer? One. (click to show/hide)

Snow Dwarf: Why are you voting DoomChild? You were quick to throw up your vote without any substantiation of claims.

EP: Is your only reason for voting DoomChild really simply the fact that he was trying to engage a lurker, or is there more to it than that?

So, everyone, it sounds like the weekends is extended to Tuesday. Metaphorically. EP and Vector will be absent most of that time. Keep this in mind.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2016, 09:26:22 pm »

We have the time, and you need to study. I'd like a response before day end, though, if poss.
That should definitely be possible, yeah.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »

Gentlefish

However, what makes doomchild more likely to be scum than Elephant Parade or Vector?

Doomchild, up to the point where I started going after him, had been only hassling TFTH, which, if they were questioning other people, would have been fine. The biggest seller, alongside with "I'm town!", is the fact that until they were provoked, they saw fit to only go after a lurker. I understand the "I'm town" is a weak tell, but it's the little things that add up.

They both also said they were town when asked about who they thought was town. EP has appeared to active lurk, as have the newer players, though perhaps because they don't know what questions to ask.

Knowing what the right questions to ask is absolutely my biggest problem right now.  I certainly won't deny that I was going after lurkers in an apparently misguided attempt to get them to participate, but since I didn't have a good idea where RVS starts and ends, I obviously stuck with the strategy too long.

Is there any evidence you can find of doomchild not activelurking, for example when they were engaging in the game?

Spoiler: Short answer? One. (click to show/hide)

I think you're reducing down what I've already answered (that knowing what questions to ask is a lot more difficult than it looks from the outside) to a logically false answer.  You've suggested that the only possible conclusion to be drawn is that I'm scum, but there's another possibility:  that I'm a new player with very little idea of what I'm doing.

It's easy enough to see in my attack on ATH.  I started from pretty weak data (word choice isn't what I'd call compelling), let myself get carried away, and was forced to do an about-face after I realized what I'd done.  Whether or not ATH is town or scum, that was an incredibly weak play, and I'm clearly paying for it now in having drawn increased suspicion upon myself.  The claims of activelurking are the same thing: in a desire to advance the game, I tried to find targets that hadn't participated and force them out into the conversation (first fillipk/hector13, then TinFoilTopHat), not realizing that that is apparently some kind of uber-scumtell.  I think the fact that I moved off of fillipk after he announced he was going to be replaced shows that all I really wanted was to get them to talk.

And here, his very next post, all he does is try to rebuke me. There is absolutely no information gained here beyond deepening my feeling that he's scum.

I answered the question you asked.  That you found my answer inadequate is on you; you could have asked me more about it, but you didn't.  This statement is exactly the same thing you're criticizing me for.  What about my post deepened your feeling that I'm scum?  It's another appeal to emotion, and frankly, it makes me think I'm being setup here.

Gentlefish, you're trying to take me out because I'm new and learning, and in a beginner's game, that makes you way more dangerous to the town than someone learning the ropes.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2016, 05:55:54 am »

Some answers to questions.
I gave up my vote on Vector cause it kind of was an OMGUS and I don't what alignment is he.
I'm not sharing my scum list.
I'm voting for doomchild cause he is the number one scum on my list.
I think Doomchild and Elephantparade or AbstractTraitorHero are scum. I don't really know why EP, something just gives me a feeling about him (maybe the fact that elephants are killers), Doomchild and ABT seem like scums cause they have done everything to seem like town but I don't think they are together cause they had a fight before.
QUESTIONS:
@Elephantparade Why do you think Doomchild is scum.
@Doomchild Why shouldn't I vote on you? (don't say something like: because I'm not mafia)
@AbstractTraitorHero Why Hector might be scum? He did say some weird things but I wouldn't be voting on him, there are some more scummy-like people.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2016, 10:02:21 am »

Wait I'm still voting Hector? I honestly thought I had invited him a while back after he answered my questions.
Unvote
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2016, 12:08:02 pm »

You've said that more than once, but you haven't given any evidence in support of it.  You're bandwagoning me, and it makes you look increasingly scummy.

I think Doomchild and Elephantparade or AbstractTraitorHero are scum. I don't really know why EP, something just gives me a feeling about him (maybe the fact that elephants are killers), Doomchild and ABT seem like scums cause they have done everything to seem like town but I don't think they are together cause they had a fight before.
QUESTIONS:
@Doomchild Why shouldn't I vote on you? (don't say something like: because I'm not mafia)

I don't think you should vote to lynch me because I've explained all of my actions as openly and honestly as I can.  We're supposed to be probing each other to figure out who's lying and who isn't, so my strategy at this point is to be as open as I know how.  Meanwhile, you've given no clear reasoning behind your vote; you just put it on me after Gentlefish, sight unseen.  So what, exactly, makes you want to lynch me?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

webadict has replaced TinFoilTopHat!

Day Ends in 69 Hours

Votes:

Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
Gentlefish (1) - doomchild
doomchild (3) - Elephant Parade, Gentlefish, snow dwarf
webadict (0) -
snow dwarf (0) -
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (0) -
Persus13 (1) - Vector
Vector (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting - webadict, Persus13, AbstractTraitorHero
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:27 pm »

Sup.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2016, 02:54:05 pm »

Oh god no. Not webadict. Suddenly this is a Bastard Beginer's Mafia.

I'll have a post later today.

Still looking for EP and Snow Dwarf's reasoning for voting DoomChild.

Doomchild, I am rather quickly becoming less suspicious of you. I do have to remember we're all new, mostly new, or super rusty here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2016, 03:14:21 pm »

Oh god no. Not webadict. Suddenly this is a Bastard Beginer's Mafia.

I'll have a post later today.

Still looking for EP and Snow Dwarf's reasoning for voting DoomChild.

Doomchild, I am rather quickly becoming less suspicious of you. I do have to remember we're all new, mostly new, or super rusty here.
I'm not that bad. I'm just beginner, after all.

However, I do agree that snow dwarf is reasonably suspicious. I don't remember where at the moment, but his rationale behind his actions did not seem townlike at all.

I'll have to find it later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2016, 08:41:38 pm »

Only 6 hours and just me here?

Come on, guys. What are you, mafia? Let's all get nice and comfortable-like. It's gonna be a very fast game.

I gave up my vote on Vector cause it kind of was an OMGUS and I don't what alignment is he.
QUESTIONS:
@AbstractTraitorHero Why Hector might be scum? He did say some weird things but I wouldn't be voting on him, there are some more scummy-like people.
So, why is Elephant Parade scum?

How are you not sharing your scumlist if you are suspicious of Doomchild, Elephant Parade, AND AbstractTraitorHero? That's 3/8 other players. Seems like your whole list, doesn't it?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2016, 08:42:57 pm »

It's going to be another 24 hours before I can think coherently. Hang on, I'll post later.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:45:58 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2016, 08:44:06 pm »

Only 6 hours and just me here?

Come on, guys. What are you, mafia? Let's all get nice and comfortable-like. It's gonna be a very fast game.

QUESTIONS:
So, why is Elephant Parade scum?

How are you not sharing your scumlist if you are suspicious of Doomchild, Elephant Parade, AND AbstractTraitorHero? That's 3/8 other players. Seems like your whole list, doesn't it?
I meant to say why is Elephant Parade scum if you believe Doomchild is scum? Wouldn't that mean he's voting his partner?

I have cramps that could bring a man to his knees right now, sorry. It's going to be another 24 hours before I can think coherently.
That, uh, sounds pretty awful. I'll pretend like this response is useful and helpful to you.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2016, 11:11:56 pm »

hector13, Persus13, and Elephant Parade have been prodded.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2016, 11:14:00 pm »

Too many mafia games :'(

I'll get something up tomorrow, when I have the energy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40