Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62367 times)

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2016, 09:45:32 am »

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit.  I have been just unbelievably sick.  Today is mostly recovery and doctor stuff.  I should have time to answer questions this afternoon or evening.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2016, 10:53:26 am »

Replacement Request. Stuff's going down.
Can I be replacement replacement? o_o I find myself itching to get back into BMing and writing long posts again. :D
Also hiii webadict and Vector! o/
If Silthuri doesn't respond, I'll put you in. If she does, you'll be first up on the replacement list.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2016, 11:29:39 am »

Vector has been replaced by Silthuri!

Day Ends in 12 Hours

Votes:

Elephant Parade (0) -
Gentlefish (1) - hector13
doomchild (1) - Elephant Parade,
webadict (0) -
snow dwarf (3) - Gentlefish, webadict, AbstractTraitorHero
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (0) -
Persus13 (1) - Vector
Vector (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting -  Persus13, doomchild

Persus is not voting, because he last voted snowchild, who is not in the game.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2016, 11:40:36 am »

Vector has been replaced by Silthuri!

Wishing you dudes well wishies c:
Also be well Vec, and anyone else who is feeling not-so-well! :D

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »

Oh.
Snow dwarf
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2016, 01:41:21 pm »

Oh.
Snow dwarf
Lazy.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2016, 02:16:40 pm »

I'm still not at 100% (new meds always do a number on me), but I'm laying in bed and need something to do, so here we go:

doomchild

I'm unvoting Gentlefish for now, because I also need to remember to consider cock-ups before conspiracy.

I'm not ready to vote snow dwarf yet, but I definitely have some pretty strong suspicion about him.

Just so you're aware, this reticence to jump on a bandwagon isn't a good thing in my book. It also makes your previous vote on Gentlefish look like a massive OMGUS. Were you only voting for him because he was voting for you?

I knew somebody would eventually try to bust me for that, even though no, it wasn't a OMGUS situation.  I voted for him because (as I stated at the time) his absolute certainty looked super scummy to me (because only the mafia would know with true certainty who is and isn't town), and because his apparent willingness to lynch me over such shoddy evidence wasn't useful to town.  I backed off after his explanation because he and I effectively made the same mistake (i.e. thinking everybody else is being malicious, when in fact most of us are just totally inexperienced).  I'm still not completely shed of my suspicion, but it's taken a backseat lately.

And as for the reason why I haven't jumped on the bandwagon, between being sick and wanting to be more sure before I vote again, I'm taking my time.

Doomchild:
fillipk, why haven't you posted yet?  You're plotting with your scumbuddy, aren't you?
How serious was this question?

That was an RVS question.  I wanted to ask something provocative, which is what I thought RVS was all about.  You know, say something jarring, try to spur a reaction.

Yeah, you're right.  I am going after lurkers.  I suppose a lot of that would be that it seems (after reading previous games) that lurkers tend to do way more harm than good to town, and since I want to win, we need to get them to talk, right?
Voting lurkers doesn't usually work towards getting them active as they usually have non-game reasons for not posting. Voting active lurkers on the other hand can.

Noted.  I'm learning all the time.

What I meant was that'd I be rereading everything and forming new opinions and as such plan what I'd post.

New opinions?  Are you sure you don't mean that you needed to converse with your scumpal and come up with some dastardly scheme to bring down the rest of us townies?
What's wrong with rereading the thread and forming new opinions?

Absolutely nothing.  That was, again, an RVS-style accusation, intended to get a reaction.  One of the things I've learned is that there's a very definite change in tone between RVS and actual scumhunting, and I failed to recognize the timing, leading to me asking broadly accusatory questions when more probing examination is called for.

Doomchild is probably highest on my list of suspicions (This was written before snow child posted the post for which I voted him for). I've found some of his questions and scumhunting strategies questionable so far in a scummy way
EP has the highest post count, so according to the notquitethere theory he's probably town, and I have yet to see anything to contradict that possibility.
Lynching D1 is always the best way to find scum in a BM.
The other questions are RVS questions.

So, presumably, you found something(s) in snow dwarf's posts scummier than mine.  What was it/were they?

To anybody who sees my not want to post my scum list scummy. I really don't understand why would you vote on me just because of the fact that I didn't post my list. The reason behind me not posting it is just because I didn't have the list down on paper cause everything in my mind was changing so fast and I thought that I won't write it down until I get some better suspicions.

I can't speak for everybody else, but someone intentionally withholding information just feels super scummy to me.  If you have a suspicion, put it out there.  Think before you speak, of course, but don't tease something like that, because then everybody is going to assume you're holding back, and why would you hold back unless you wanted the town to lose?

I know I'm probably the biggest suspect.... but if I'm mafia (I'm not saying that I am) and I am nervous so why don't keep me for later and I guess you could try to get out of me who is the second scum (not like I know who he is) and you can always lynch me later.

I don't see how this isn't you claiming to be mafia, snow dwarf.

Replacement Request. Stuff's going down.

Boo!  Feel better.  OR ELSE.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »

Hello!

Reading through the thread now. Will most likely have a substantial post later on today.

Pfp
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2016, 05:44:28 pm »

Day Ends in 6 Hours, 15 Minutes

Votes:

Elephant Parade (0) -
Gentlefish (1) - hector13
doomchild (1) - Elephant Parade,
webadict (0) -
snow dwarf (5) - Gentlefish, webadict, AbstractTraitorHero, doomchild, Persus13
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (0) -
Persus13 (0) -
Silthuri (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting -  Silthuri

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Dusk begins to fall
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »

Hold on, what? Day ends in twelve hours? Uh, I feel worse for not posting yesterday, now. I mean, I had a lot to get through—and, after a pretty gruelling day of schoolwork, I was awfully disinclined to get through it—but I'm starting to regret it, now. I'll make a mini-post in a bit; I still want to answer all those questions you asked on Sunday, Hector, but that'll have to wait a bit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »

I'll probably die tonight. If snow dwarf is mafia, then you'll all be in good shape tomorrow. If not, then, yeah, we'll get to have fun talking to each other in dead chat.

Hopefully, this is WIFOMy enough for the mafia to not kill me.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »

Is there no extension because of Silthuri's replacement?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2016, 08:55:53 pm »

Do we need one? What are we getting from it?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

There is no mod-extend. You are free to vote for one if you so choose.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »

Like, I would understand if there's something you're interested in, but you're literally voting for the person that will be lynched... If you want to extend the day, what more do you need to find out? What Silthuri needs? I'm really confused here.

I'm not liking your play, pal. If you were being super engaged in getting communication, that would make sense, but you're not really, so this move makes no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40