Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62401 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2016, 11:31:28 pm »

Posting for prod. Still busy studying, and all. Expect a full response Wednesday (probably--see next paragraph). The Calculus test got delayed until Wednesday, so you can bet I'll be spending 100% of Tuesday studying.

Also, I have an English exam to take on Thursday (I was sick the first time it rolled around); if I do poorly on my Calculus and/or Biology tests, I'll want to relax, rather than stressing myself further just before a test that makes up 50% of an important grade. It probably won't be an issue, but yeah.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2016, 03:57:56 am »

Only 6 hours and just me here?

Come on, guys. What are you, mafia? Let's all get nice and comfortable-like. It's gonna be a very fast game.

Some answers to questions.
I gave up my vote on Vector cause it kind of was an OMGUS and I don't what alignment is he.
I'm not sharing my scum list.
I'm voting for doomchild cause he is the number one scum on my list.
I think Doomchild and Elephantparade or AbstractTraitorHero are scum. I don't really know why EP, something just gives me a feeling about him (maybe the fact that elephants are killers), Doomchild and ABT seem like scums cause they have done everything to seem like town but I don't think they are together cause they had a fight before.
QUESTIONS:
@Elephantparade Why do you think Doomchild is scum.
@Doomchild Why shouldn't I vote on you? (don't say something like: because I'm not mafia)
@AbstractTraitorHero Why Hector might be scum? He did say some weird things but I wouldn't be voting on him, there are some more scummy-like people.
So, why is Elephant Parade scum?

How are you not sharing your scumlist if you are suspicious of Doomchild, Elephant Parade, AND AbstractTraitorHero? That's 3/8 other players. Seems like your whole list, doesn't it?
It does seem like but you don't know.
Gonna anwser some other questions later today
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2016, 08:08:18 am »

I unvote cause I got an answer.
@webadict: Why are you joining on a vote against me, what makes you think I'm scum? How I see it: you see somebody vote on me and you know I'm voting on your scum-buddy or you just want me lynched so you attack me with no explanation a "later" explanation  and hope that some other people join in on voting on me. In my way of thinking it sounds scummy, but I am not voting on anybody. Explain yourself!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:02 am »

Day Ends in 50 Hours

Votes:

Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
Gentlefish (1) - doomchild
doomchild (1) - Elephant Parade,
webadict (0) -
snow dwarf (2) - Gentlefish, webadict
hector13 (0) -
AbstractTraitorHero (0) -
Persus13 (1) - Vector
Vector (0) -
No lynch -

Not voting -  Persus13, AbstractTraitorHero

AbstractTraitorHero has been prodded.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2016, 10:47:54 am »

webadict

However, I do agree that snow dwarf is reasonably suspicious. I don't remember where at the moment, but his rationale behind his actions did not seem townlike at all.

I'll have to find it later.

Did you find it? If so, link please.

snow dwarf

So, why is Elephant Parade scum?

How are you not sharing your scumlist if you are suspicious of Doomchild, Elephant Parade, AND AbstractTraitorHero? That's 3/8 other players. Seems like your whole list, doesn't it?
It does seem like but you don't know.
Gonna anwser some other questions later today

So... how many are on your scum list? It's generally not a good idea to have more (or fewer) scum reads than there are scum in the game (at least in my opinion) as it means you're being too paranoid (more) or too lenient/aren't engaging with the game (fewer)

You also need to furnish us with reasons why you're voting the way you are, else - as you have found - people tend to get a bit upset and want to murder you horribly lynch you.

Gentlefish - I would spoiler this section, but I think the other spoiler is more important...

Gentlefish

However, what makes doomchild more likely to be scum than Elephant Parade or Vector?

Doomchild, up to the point where I started going after him, had been only hassling TFTH, which, if they were questioning other people, would have been fine. The biggest seller, alongside with "I'm town!", is the fact that until they were provoked, they saw fit to only go after a lurker. I understand the "I'm town" is a weak tell, but it's the little things that add up.

Mmm... this isn't quite true though, is it? You fail to state when you start "going after him", so I'll assume it's here, but feel free to correct me if it's not.

Anyway, at that point he had asked a handful of questions of varying utility (seems the top and bottom are RVS, the middle two are more substantial) and you also missed that post in your analysis, which I've left in the spoiler below so you can check it out.

There was also an explanation of his vote on ATH later, which you don't link to - but at least the reason behind that one is more reasonable, though you don't explain in your little synopsis that he supplies a reason to ATH for voting him.

These three things combined make me think you're indulging in confirmation bias (if town) or are just trying to manufacture evidence against him (if scum), neither of which are particularly great.

They both also said they were town when asked about who they thought was town. EP has appeared to active lurk, as have the newer players, though perhaps because they don't know what questions to ask.
If EP has been activelurking, I'm not noticing it. I'll go back thorugh and read their posts.

Did you do this? What was your conclusion? What posts made you think that?

Is there any evidence you can find of doomchild not activelurking, for example when they were engaging in the game?

Spoiler: Short answer? One. (click to show/hide)

Oh god no. Not webadict. Suddenly this is a Bastard Beginer's Mafia.

I'll have a post later today.

Still looking for EP and Snow Dwarf's reasoning for voting DoomChild.

Doomchild, I am rather quickly becoming less suspicious of you. I do have to remember we're all new, mostly new, or super rusty here.

So... another "why are you voting for x over y" question: why snow dwarf over EP?

I mean, this is the second time EP has been in a list of things you've apparently found scummy, but you vote for someone else?

ATH

Wait I'm still voting Hector? I honestly thought I had invited him a while back after he answered my questions.
Unvote

One would hope you're taking more care to remember for whom you are voting :P

Waiting for answers from EP and Vector that I asked in this post, in case they forget them.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2016, 11:17:06 am »

Okay so far I've been reading for a little bit ((reason I haven't been posting)) and I think I've formed some opinions I  leaning on Hector being town currently because he hasent rubbed me the wrong way yet and as such I don't hold much suspicion towards him.I'd say that snow dwarf could be town but I'm leaning that he's scum as he seems evasive? I guess that's how you'd put it so Snow dwarf why are you being so evasive when people asked for your list you supposedly only gave part of it I want to know everyone on it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2016, 11:46:50 am »

@webadict: Why are you joining on a vote against me, what makes you think I'm scum? How I see it: you see somebody vote on me and you know I'm voting on your scum-buddy or you just want me lynched so you attack me with no explanation a "later" explanation  and hope that some other people join in on voting on me. In my way of thinking it sounds scummy, but I am not voting on anybody. Explain yourself!
Dang. And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for your Sherlockian deduction. I'm just too much of a beginner for this game!

I've been in this game for less than a day, man. I really doubt anyone would ever get that stressed or pressured that fast. Now, you, however, have been playing for several days. You very well could be stressed, making your attack look more like projection than anything else. It was fairly poorly thought out to attack me that fast and that badly.

So, are you planning to vote me yet, or would you rather wait until someone else votes me? I'll vote myself first if you'd like some company. I just want to hear what you think, snow angel.

@hector: What will you do if I don't link it? A lot of my reasoning is fairly skeptical at best, so I doubt you would learn anything from it, especially since you didn't notice it before. It's far less logical than anything else.

Okay so far I've been reading for a little bit ((reason I haven't been posting)) and I think I've formed some opinions I  leaning on Hector being town currently because he hasent rubbed me the wrong way yet and as such I don't hold much suspicion towards him.I'd say that snow dwarf could be town but I'm leaning that he's scum as he seems evasive? I guess that's how you'd put it so Snow dwarf why are you being so evasive when people asked for your list you supposedly only gave part of it I want to know everyone on it.
Go find your own target. Your suspicions are bad and poorly reasoned. Anyone could vote anyone with that. WHY HIM OVER ANYONE ELSE?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2016, 12:01:58 pm »

I'll think poorly of you :o

Could be you're just looking for reactions, but since snow dwarf presently has a wagon forming I'm inclined to think it's more nefarious, particularly if you're unwilling to share your thought process.

I'm intrigued that you think your own reasons for voting him are illogical, though. I can ponder why that may be, so perhaps I'll just wait to see what happens. There's enough time for whimsy, I guess.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »

Could be you're just looking for reactions, but since snow dwarf presently has a wagon forming I'm inclined to think it's more nefarious, particularly if you're unwilling to share your thought process.

I'm intrigued that you think your own reasons for voting him are illogical, though. I can ponder why that may be, so perhaps I'll just wait to see what happens. There's enough time for whimsy, I guess.
Is this at Webadict or ATH?

Post incoming.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2016, 12:06:48 pm »

You can't just unvote and immediately say, "But I'm not voting on anybody!  You're going after me for no reason!"  More than one person (me included) asked for your reasoning on voting for me, and instead of giving it, you got super evasive/defensive and unvoted.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2016, 12:18:47 pm »

If my votes are based on intuition, I would consider the vote to be unreasoned. Doesn't mean I won't follow it up. I didn't get to be King of the Mafia by being completely logical. That feeling can be the difference between right and wrong. The logical answer is not always the right one, and the right answer is not always logical.

So, yes, I initially voted him for illogical reasons, but all that means is my vote is poorly supported. Feelings don't matter to anyone but the one who holds them. And honestly, while I don't like his answer, nothing immediately jumped out at me. So he can have another shot. Some people might jump on his overreaction and tunnel that, but honestly, that's too easy. That's lazy. Mafia can do that if the Town let's them.

So I won't let ANYONE do it. It's why I don't like Abstract's answer. It's too easy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:35 pm »

Too easy huh? Well I'm more talking about snowdwarfs behavior in the game so far by evasive I mean at least from reading things over he ussaly isent directly answering questions and seems to be trying to stay under the radar and it seems to me like he's trying to evade everyone and as such I'm voting him because of that behavior in hopes he'll explain it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2016, 01:07:32 pm »

Too easy huh? Well I'm more talking about snowdwarfs behavior in the game so far by evasive I mean at least from reading things over he ussaly isent directly answering questions and seems to be trying to stay under the radar and it seems to me like he's trying to evade everyone and as such I'm voting him because of that behavior in hopes he'll explain it.
Where did he not answer a question directly?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:18 pm »

Okay then I'll try to be a little more aggressive then
Hector13
How do you feel about being a replacement?have any plans? Tell me something begin talking! Do you have any reads yet!? Who do you think could be scum?
....I have asked questions I'm waiting for a response really but I'm just going to go ahead and  ask everyone questions now.
Everyone:
Who do you think is scum and why?
Who do you believe would be the most dangerous as scum?
Who do you think is least likely to be scum in other words who do you think is town?
Do you think we should Lynch someone day 1 or wait for someone to die and gather evidence from what happened over the night?
Who has the coolest username here?
I asked these questions earlier he never answered any of them despite being at least semi active so I felt he was trying to avoid answering them.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2016, 01:20:18 pm »

Okay then I'll try to be a little more aggressive then
Hector13
How do you feel about being a replacement?have any plans? Tell me something begin talking! Do you have any reads yet!? Who do you think could be scum?
....I have asked questions I'm waiting for a response really but I'm just going to go ahead and  ask everyone questions now.
Everyone:
Who do you think is scum and why?
Who do you believe would be the most dangerous as scum?
Who do you think is least likely to be scum in other words who do you think is town?
Do you think we should Lynch someone day 1 or wait for someone to die and gather evidence from what happened over the night?
Who has the coolest username here?
I asked these questions earlier he never answered any of them despite being at least semi active so I felt he was trying to avoid answering them.
Asking questions to everyone is usually a bad idea. It's too much work for too little output. Asking a bunch of questions to everyone requires your questions to be fairly shallow and there's no guarantee that they'll be answered. Instead, direct specific questions to individual people, bold their name or even vote them to ensure you have their attention. How much have you learned from these answers to your questions to everyone instead of from other sources?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 40