Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kinda order processing system?

The one that's now (from top to bottom according to user list)
Posting time (first to post is processed first, and so on)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Svagard's War Brothers, aka Viking Priest Mercenaries!  (Read 9170 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Svagard's War Brothers, aka Viking Priest Mercenaries!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 10:00:19 am »

Asmund finally spoke. "What weapons and armour do our human foes of each land tend to wield and wear?"

"Rock, iron, bone? Many weapons can be crafted from a tree trunk even. But iron is dominant in hands of us Danemarken. Fomorian prefer swinging bones of their deceased and hurling large rocks at their enemies," said Bjaarke, "and I heard stories of Elbion people using some black glass for the tips of their arrows and spears, but how would something as fragile as glass work well as a weapon? The answer is unknown to me."

I agree with Cynbel. We have Svagard's blessing, instead of wasting it on an easy travel, we must go as far as we can. What else do you know about Fomorians?

Dagor shrugged, before Bjaarke spoke.

"They sometimes send some of smarter ones to haggle with our southern outposts, but such visits are rare, a caravan per year or two. They sell raw and cut gemstones, and they always have surplus of various furs and hides as well. They oft buy livestock from us, mostly sheep and cows, and sometimes they fancy our jewelry or dyed cloth. These Fomorian traders speak our language too, so they're not as dumb as their savage looks would suggest. They don't seem to craft or use metal tools and weapons. They don't take kindly to strangers, but aren't fast to maul or kill one for trespassing. And as far as they're concerned, anywhere south of our mountains is their territory."

"And of their religion?" Asked the High King curiously.

"Alas, we know nothing. They mayhaps worship the earth as a being or their godlike ancestor or maybe their Queen is representation of such. This be my guess, like it be any other Danemarken's in this matter."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 10:07:00 am »

Oili rubs her chin in thought.
"Hm, converting Formians would be a good use of our skills, and a good service to Svagard... but if the peoples of Elbion can use something as fragile as glass for weapons, who knows what other strange powers the would be in possession of... I say we go to Elbion."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 10:20:01 am »

Elbion is also acceptable for me. What do the rest say?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 10:38:13 am »

"Where would you go though? Nobody here has knowledge of any settlements in Elbion, so will you simply disembark at the shore and let Svagard guide you through the dark forests and misty fields?" High King voiced some concern.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 10:46:13 am »

"Where would you go though? Nobody here has knowledge of any settlements in Elbion, so will you simply disembark at the shore and let Svagard guide you through the dark forests and misty fields?" High King voiced some concern.
Oili nods.
"Aye, I trust in his wisdom guide us to where we must go. And we can follow the coast north, if there is anyone on that island it would be along the coast of the Salmon's Waters."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 10:57:14 am »

Oili nods.
"Aye, I trust in his wisdom guide us to where we must go. And we can follow the coast north, if there is anyone on that island it would be along the coast of the Salmon's Waters."

"Then perhaps," Haako intruded, "You should postpone your journey till later. You do not have to leave now, in the month of Harvest. Past Month of Redleaf, traders and last of fishermen shall be returning home for winter. Mayhaps they will have news of distant places?"

"I wouldn't advise this, as even by Redleaf the weather starts to go bad. If they leave mid-Leaffall, the waves will be getting big and the wind unruly."

"They would have more time to prepare for the journey and mayhaps learn a thing or two more of combat and rituals and magickery." High King Grunnar nodded to himself. "But the choice of time is in their hands, am I right?"

"Indeed, the diviners said we should not force upon them choices, and time of departure rests in their hands as well."
SigFlags!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:38 am »

"I say we cast off for Elbion as soon as possible, if we wait then the risks that the weather will bring about are not something we can pay. I am, but a novice and I doubt even the strongest of us Stormriders could calm the storms that would occur then ..."

Vote for Elbion, swift departure!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 12:14:18 pm »

Elbion it is, and sooner rather than later.

Elbion and soon!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:47 pm »

"Glass, as weaponry? I know it can cut sharp, but its so fragile..." Geraldine mumbled, wondering just how Elbion did such a thing. Interesting, at the least. She stayed silent as others talked, thinking over the two choices. Elbion was closer, and it seemed like it would do well to go far, but not too far.
"I believe that it's better to set off for Elbion, when the weather is fair."
Elbion, set off before Redleaf.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:17 pm »

Oili thinks the choices over for a time before nodding.
"More time to prepare would be pleasant, but it would not do to fail before we get to the destination."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 01:47:33 pm »

Cynbel grunted. "Preparation key. But swift travel good."

Elbion, preparation first!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

"I'm sure the gods would favour swift action. This Elbion would make an acceptable target."

Elbion, soon
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »

//Only kj's bolded vote is needed now.
SigFlags!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »

Elbion, Soon

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 10:49:05 am »

"So be it. You will begin your journey in few days." The council has been ended and the entirety of priestly circle began preparations for the brave Walkers.

---

Few days have passed.

The longboat was ready, and so was its crew of eight who would pilot it through the Svagard's Sea and the Salmon's Waters to the distant western land of Elbion. With the sunny weather and only occasional mild storm, the journey was thought to be easy.

"Hail!" Said Bjaarke, bringing with him several men who were carrying bags and baskets on their backs.

"This are the goods that High King Gunnar had ordered our craftsmen and women to prepare. Take care of them well, but do not be afraid to barter them away if you have too. There are idols of Svagard, some fur wraps, spare weapons, fine quality skins and Jorald the craftsman had time to prepare some jewelry as well. There's also enough bread and dried meat for a week traveling on foot for you, as the crew of the longboat will share their food with you during the journey through the seas."

//Feel free to hoard stuff onto you (1 Large container or 2 Small containers per person, each person can hold 5 sets, containers or objects total (armor does not count when worn). Whatever you do not initially pick will be stored on longboat and be accessible later, when you reach Elbion.

Code: (Goods) [Select]
Month settings (Harvest): Normal quantity barter goods, no metal armor, low quantity of spare weapons.

IN CONTAINERS:
Large Basket: (dibs by: Xanmyral)
*x3 Bear Fur
*x3 Lynx Fur
Small Bag: (dibs by: Solymr)
*x3 Svagard's stone idol
Small Bag: (dibs by: Ochita)
*x3 Copper Bracelet
*x1 set of Copper Earrings
Large Bag: (dibs by: adwarf)
*x20 Dry Rations
Large Bag: (dibs by: GiglameshDespair)
*x20 Dry Rations

LOOSE:

x1 Axe: 2d4, melee, Blade (dibs by: Xanmyral)
x1 Spear: 2d4, melee, Pierce (dibs by: adwarf)
x3 Throwing Axe: 1d8, ranged, Blade (dibs by: GiglameshDespair)
x3 Javelin: 1d6, ranged, Pierce (dibs by: Ochita)
x3 Fur Wraps: +1 Cold Resistance when worn. (dibs (3 of 3) by: Ochita, adwarf, kj1225)
x1 Leather Armor: +1 Impact Resistance when worn. (dibs by: Xanmyral)
x1 Quilted Armor: +1 Impact and Pierce Resistance when worn. (dibs by: GiglameshDespair)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:37:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12