Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kinda order processing system?

The one that's now (from top to bottom according to user list)
Posting time (first to post is processed first, and so on)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Svagard's War Brothers, aka Viking Priest Mercenaries!  (Read 9163 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Svagard's War Brothers, aka Viking Priest Mercenaries!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 10:13:49 am »

no pls was joke

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:22 am »

I'm at work. If I fix it it'll be in three hours or ao
If thata unacceptable give it to cheeaecake, I don't really mind.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 10:39:41 am »

I will wait then v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 12:51:58 pm »

~~Prologue: Last Autumn at Home~~

The High King Gunnarg of Dorheim, the walled city of Varangians at the river Skollen, have gathered his wise men and oracles and warriors, who were to help prepare the six future Walkers set their feet on the Path.

"My wise Varangians," said the King, "today we gather to help these six brave youths prepare for the Path of Walkers, so that they might spread the faith in Svagard to the lands of foreigners."

"I shall tell them all they want to know of foreign lands and far waters," said Dagor the Seafarer.

"I shall help them prepare supplies and bartering goods for their journey and encounters with foreigners, and tell wisdom and rumors about creatures mundane and magical." said Bjaarke, a Danemark envoy of King Danemar III.

"And I shall help them convene and decide when to set sail from Dorheim, be it now or in late autumn." said Haako the Stormrider.

"The Danemark people say, 'smart people are not afraid to ask questions', thus you six may ask questions now, and we will answer the best we can, as your glory abroads will be our glory at home." The King sat at his pile of skins, and the three wisest men of Dorheim sat at his right side.

//You may now ask questions relating to your destination, geography, time of departure, bartering goods, and infromation about distant peoples, nations and even monsters and half-men.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:55:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 01:08:00 pm »

Oili thinks for a few moments before speaking.
"What is the weather there typically like?"

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 01:13:52 pm »

"Wise Bjarrke." Cynbel, a brute of a man short of word and civilized manner but meaning well and wishing to show respect. He grunted and cast his eyes to the feet of the envoy in submission to his knowledge. "Speak of beast far away." The man gestured to himself. "Hear much. Know little. Strange? Familiar?" He was curious, the forests say much but his own eyes has seen few. Surely the beasts of far follow the ways of spirits and the gods?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 01:15:54 pm »

Lugus spoke up.

First of all, where will we go to spread our faith? Who can answer this?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 01:41:18 pm »

Oili thinks for a few moments before speaking.
"What is the weather there typically like?"

Bjaarke nodded.

"Nowhere does the snow and rain pelt the ground as harshly as in Nost. However, the eastern Stormy Sea pushes longboats west, and the Salmon's Sea to the west has waves tall enough to sink the longboat. But weather of these both is milder in middle of the year, only by the end of it the weather is harsh. Danemark experiences lots of rain in the autumn and even frost and snow later on."

"Wise Bjarrke." Cynbel, a brute of a man short of word and civilized manner but meaning well and wishing to show respect. He grunted and cast his eyes to the feet of the envoy in submission to his knowledge. "Speak of beast far away." The man gestured to himself. "Hear much. Know little. Strange? Familiar?" He was curious, the forests say much but his own eyes has seen few. Surely the beasts of far follow the ways of spirits and the gods?

Bjaarke turned to Cynbel.

"I have met Goblins and Siren, and I know of distant Fomorians as much as my breathren do, and there are also the scary Featherfolk. Sidhe and distant Saaxen of Elbion, and peoples of Sudla on the other side of Stormy Sea are Polenn, and Wosemen are said to be even more plenty than here in Varangia. And there are of course those dwarves and trolls and giants that nobody seen for generations. I can tell more..."

Lugus spoke up.

First of all, where will we go to spread our faith? Who can answer this?

"I had talked with the diviners," Said Haako the Stormrider, "And they told me that Svagard wishes YOU to choose where to go, as because if we intervene and pick the destination for you, grave will be your future." High King pointed at Bjaarke.

"Bring the map that your wise lord Danemar brought as gift for me." Bjaarke stood up and left the High King's hall for a moment, before returning with a parchment. He unrolled it and spread it on the floor:

"You read the script, Bjaarke, so tell us of the names upon the parchment."

"This is Dorheim-at-Vanna, where we are now." Bjaarke pointed at a black name at the top of the cut sheet. "This land of yours is Varangia, and east beyond the mountains and forests live the pagans, those that reject Svagard. Svagard's Sea are your waters, and to west are the bountiful Salmon's Waters, and the land of Elbion is westwards of there. To south is the island and city of Khalgen, where Danemarken and Varangian peoples and goblins trade and live in relative harmony. West of there is my homeland, Danemark, and south is Sudla, where somewhere the swamp peoples Polenn dwell. And behind Danemark is Guden's Sea, where nephew of our first king Danemar I had sailed bravely and where he wrestled with a sea serpent and which skull adorned the throne of Danemarken kings for seven generations now, and skull continues to sit above Danemar III even today."
SigFlags!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 01:55:40 pm »

"Bjaarke, if it isn't too much to ask, who can we trust the most, out there. Who are our allies?" Geraldine slowly asked, taking care to add the correct amount of respect to her words.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »

"What of Fomorians? If we go, we go far." Cynbel gave his vote, thumping his chest once in pride. Why do anything halfway?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 04:22:29 pm »

Bjorn took a moment to gather his words as the others asked questions before finally finding the courage to speak,

"What do we know of the magic of those from foreign lands? If by chance we run into those who can wield it from foreign nations I believe understanding what they can do would allow some measure of safety."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »

"Bjaarke, if it isn't too much to ask, who can we trust the most, out there. Who are our allies?" Geraldine slowly asked, taking care to add the correct amount of respect to her words.

"All of Danemarken people are allies of our brothers and sisters from across the Svagard's Sea. Most do not believe in your Father, but some do, but still there is no bad blood between our nations. You could even consider goblins of Khalgen as your allies, if only these dim-witted critters understood the concept. However, any strange man or creature outside of Danemark would be enemy at beginning."

"What of Fomorians? If we go, we go far." Cynbel gave his vote, thumping his chest once in pride. Why do anything halfway?

"Ah yes, the Fomorians. Think of big, burly, hairy humans with flattened skulls, who wield bones and femurs of their own deceased as giant maces for combat. They dwell in caves and I heard they build houses so tightly that they neighbor can move to neighbor without even being touched by sunlight. And they have a queen. And I heard stories that some of old, bearded Fomorians can mold dirt and rock to their bidding."

Bjorn took a moment to gather his words as the others asked questions before finally finding the courage to speak,

"What do we know of the magic of those from foreign lands? If by chance we run into those who can wield it from foreign nations I believe understanding what they can do would allow some measure of safety."

"As the foreign people have foreign gods, so they will surely wield foreign powers. Elbion people summon wind to their bidding, Fomorians are said to mold dirt, like Bjaarke said, and I heard of Polenn being swampfolk so it would come to thinking they have powers of water and forest at their side. What kind of powers their gods can bestow upon them, I do not know."

"We of Danemark have little magic skills. However, our sky iron is mighty and our horses strong. We do not magic to defend ourselves from the foul creatures of swamps and caves and dark forests."
SigFlags!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »

Asmund finally spoke. "What weapons and armour do our human foes of each land tend to wield and wear?"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:02:44 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »

I agree with Cynbel. We have Svagard's blessing, instead of wasting it on an easy travel, we must go as far as we can. What else do you know about Fomorians?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »

Cynbel stared at the map that was laid out, thinking to himself. "What of Elbion? Sidhe and Saaxen? We go far. Elbion," here, the Son of the Wild pointed at their lands on the map. "Fomorian. Both good. Svagard blessing, we go far to unknown, show true sight to blind."

[Cynbel is good with either going to Elbion or Fomorian land.]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12