Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230840 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2775 on: September 26, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

If the Evil role couldn't kill, your role would make no sense. As for me being the Evil role, I might be able to prove I'm not, if it comes to that, but I'd have to reveal my power, and it still wouldn't exactly be "proof". So I'd rather not.

As an addendum, we don't really know much about whether or not FoU's abilities are what he claims they are. There's no reason for him to not have an ability which sends a made-up role to someone.
True enough, I suppose. In that case:

Hector, your flavourtext's fifth word is "then".
Hector, your auto name's sixth letter is "b".

Starver, your rolename ends in "t".
Starver, your flavourtext's last word is "you".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 26, 2016, 06:55:22 pm »

Huh.

FoU, can you self-target?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 26, 2016, 07:09:58 pm »

I want to know whether EP is able (and willing) to repeat accurate information from FoU's apparent action of forcing information.

Only then do I know whether I fully trust that skill to be as advertised.  What kind of thing do you get? Is there something like "last letter of the role-name" that you can reveal without too much trouble (Hector, that Ok with you for your N0 option? Nobody but those involved even know for definite (logic dictates one other thinks he knows something, but can't be sure) who N1 relates to, right now, so probably Ok to go ahead with that...)

Because now it appears we have two people 'revealed' to EP. Hopefully neither of them people who Evil-EP wants dead (Hector's probably safe, I would have expected the 1-shot to happen last night for Evil Win) or else EP is not evil and thus is currently the safest hands for this information.

Assuming things are 'straight' and (for example) the reveal process does not mess with the reveal, like I'm hoping we find out, then EP seems happy with two people (or would be complain like mad), who might he trustworthy recipients of N2's information, or perhaps FoU (assuming it isn't an evil role looking for someone to report straight back...) and if EP has been happy with both results it isn't an alignment-flipping 'reveal' unless both selected were both flipped over to Town from Evil...

Ah, good, answered whilst I was writing.  Surprisingly the same as I had been thinking... Looks legit.  ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 26, 2016, 07:24:28 pm »

To reiterate, though, I think Hector's information is safe (and reliable) in EP's hands. Whether my information is safe there is not yet proven, but it appears to be reliable at least.  Neither of us are scarred by FoU's actions (that I can tell).

FoU, assuming he can't/won't add himself to EP's list of known people (EP has known of FoU's public declaration, and not died, so FoU isn't the target of stalking-horse EP, either) has options of getting Fish to reveal or EP, now. And Fish or EP probably need to reveal to me or Hector, to avoid Evil-EP catching target Fish (assuming not already derived by logic, although I don't think it is that simple anyway) or Evil-Fish catch sight of target EP (ditto), or Evil-All-Along-Fallacy get the bounce-back he's been seeking from the start. Noting that any participant (FoU, target of FoU or target of target of FoU) can sabotage this quite easily, and then we just need to work out which and for what motive.

But that's my considered opinion.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 26, 2016, 07:35:17 pm »

@Starver:That's interesting.  If I revealed to Hector, what then?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: September 26, 2016, 07:48:46 pm »

I don't know.  I'm only sure of myself (obviously) but you can trust me as much as you can trust Hector, so I cannot argue against you trusting Hector as much as you trust me.

Unless there's an anti-Miller aspect to our bad guy, but as self-affirmed good guy I am happy with my own information being accurate in EP's hands, so that's my starting point.

So...
Hector's a possible bad guy if he has game mechanics on his side. Can't do much against that, that I know of, but maybe tbe person with the actual designed-in counteraction ability could handle that. I can't tell who might have that, though.
EP is a possible bad guy if his wincon is to discover a certain role. I was fairly sure that role was not mine, hence my gamble that (so far) seems to have paid off.
FoU is a possible bad guy if he has to find his target by prompting discussion. I'm still at risk (again, I'm betting I'm not) but Hector is probably safe. But I'd avoid 'bounce back' direct to Fallacy, just in case.
You are a possible bad guy because you are unknown. But that's as far as it goes, so far.
(And then there's me, you all have to consider. Not sure I should be the one to establish my own innocence in so glib a fashion, though.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »

Huh.

I think I'll inquire about this. Could be useful.

So perhaps you would like to fill us in, Fallacy, on how you can win as town and still remain in the game?
I can win using my secondary win condition, and still remain in the game. If I win with my primary town win condition, presumably the round will end and I will be removed from it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 26, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »

No Lynch again by the way.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: September 26, 2016, 09:26:07 pm »

Huh.

I think I'll inquire about this. Could be useful.

So perhaps you would like to fill us in, Fallacy, on how you can win as town and still remain in the game?
I can win using my secondary win condition, and still remain in the game. If I win with my primary town win condition, presumably the round will end and I will be removed from it.

See... it's the uncertainty at the end that gets me. You're no stranger to Mafia, and considering we're much closer to the end of this than the beginning, no stranger to how Tomasque has been running things. There should be no presuming on your part as town if you win with your "primary" Town wincon.

I think there was only one other game that someone stayed in when they won (I think) and that was me, as Neutral way back in one of the earlier rounds - 2,3 or 4, specifically. I'll go back and check on that.

TL;DR I don't think you're town, so my vote will more than likely be on you at the end of the day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 26, 2016, 09:34:56 pm »

It was round 2 and wasn't quite as I stated it.

TBF stole my role and gave me a different wincon, and if he died I won automatically so... yeah. Managed to get Starver to go along with a lynch, and won on D2 with the third day still to play

There have been no roles that stay in the game when they've won otherwise. I don't think that Tomasque would unbalance a game by doing that considering we have the overall game of gathering VPs to think about, and the games so far have been, by and large, balanced.

I guess I should focus on other folk for a bit... but tomorrow, when it's not bedtime.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: September 26, 2016, 09:36:05 pm »

Hector:Maybe if you have an alt wincon, you can ask Tomasque about it?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: September 26, 2016, 09:37:56 pm »

My alternate wincon is self-explanatory.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:00 pm »

My alternate wincon is self-explanatory.
But ask him if you achieve it, if you stay in.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:42 pm »

I just did that.  Heard back, yes, if I win, I stay till round end.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 26, 2016, 09:41:24 pm »

Maybe he will unbalance the last few games by doing such things then :o

Unvote, for the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 237