Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230818 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2805 on: September 28, 2016, 09:03:35 am »

@EP,I'll take that temporary vote (see previous comments about that).  Or Hector.  But by now you know whether we both have vested interests in that or not.

(Paranoid?  Who told you I was paranoid?!?  It was Them, wasn't it!?!  Always whispering about me...)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:06 am »

PFP I put off both Mafia and a ton of homework and it's all due today aaaaaaaa

EZ town-cred for scum, since nobody is likely to argue "you what, I'm not town!" are they? And if things do work the way I'm thinking they do, scum has a one-shot and is looking for the driver.
Though I'm obviously not proven town, I'd hardly call confirming townies "EZ town-cred". Confirmed townies are very bad for scum, after all.

(I'll respond to your larger post before the end of the day, hopefully, but no promises; I may not have any free time before then)

Now then. I have something of an idea. This night, I zap Fish with my ability, and he targets Elephant Parade. Next day, we lynch Elephant Parade. If he's scum, great! If he's town, okay, now we know that each person who told him their role is town because if they were scum EP would have told us.

Hole filling: Regardless of whether or not EP claims Fish is scum, we still lynch Elephant Parade. If he does claim Fish is scum, and EP's town upon lynch, we lynch Fish the next day. If EP's scum upon lynch, we(probably) win!

The final problem is the problem of me being potential scum from your perspectives. Sadly, that's a problem I can't think of how to fix at the moment.
~~~
Elephant Parade: Could you please vote somebody of your choice, then unvote in a post after that? Just want to know if you can vote.
That's a terrible plan, since the "alternate" wincon (personally, I'm pretty sure we can't actually win the normal way) requires one to survive to D3. Or at least, I'm assuming that's what everyone has, at this point. I suspect that you know this, and are hoping to reduce the number of people who will gain Victory Points.

FoU. Votecount. If Tomcost doesn't swing by by the time my next class ends, I'll remove my vote.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:45 am »

And I'll remove my vote if he does show up, too, obviously.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 17
« Reply #2808 on: September 28, 2016, 12:43:41 pm »

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (1) - Elephant Parade
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
No Lynch (1) - TheBiggerFish

Not Voting: FallacyofUrist, Starver
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: September 28, 2016, 12:48:11 pm »

You need to answer muh PM
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: September 28, 2016, 02:02:37 pm »

unvote

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 28, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »

That's a terrible plan, since the "alternate" wincon (personally, I'm pretty sure we can't actually win the normal way) requires one to survive to D3. Or at least, I'm assuming that's what everyone has, at this point. I suspect that you know this, and are hoping to reduce the number of people who will gain Victory Points.
Survive till the END of day 3, actually. That's my alternate.

Is that anybody else's alternate win condition?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: September 28, 2016, 07:34:18 pm »

I meant to the end of D3, yeah.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: September 28, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »

Day ended 'bout the time FoU posted two messages back.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: September 28, 2016, 07:48:30 pm »

Whoops, sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: September 28, 2016, 07:49:33 pm »

NP EP.

I have to remind these scrubs all the time.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: September 28, 2016, 07:59:25 pm »

Round 18 - Night 2
 A new night dawns over the upturned city.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
No Lynch (1) - TheBiggerFish

Not Voting: FallacyofUrist, Starver, Elephant Parade
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:52:09 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: September 29, 2016, 10:48:06 pm »

Round 18 - Day 3
 It was a cold, paranoid day for that disturbed town. Maybe the last it would have.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (0)

Day ends Saturday, 9:00 PM PST
              Sunday, 4:00 AM GMT
Money!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: September 29, 2016, 10:57:00 pm »

Okay-dokey. Day 3. This is going to be interesting.

I used my ability on Mr. Fish this time around.
~~~
Everybody: Do you have an alternate win condition which is to still be alive at the end of Day 3?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: September 30, 2016, 06:30:31 am »

I do, and sounds like several people do.

And I can now confirm Fish. I think this confirms Hector (or certainly I don't want to accuse them without reason, even though the link is weak.?), although only EP knows for sure.

So, I know that I am Town (EP should know)
I know that Fish is near-identical Town, but with a small difference.
If Fallacy were not town, then where does the rather precise three-day knowledge come from?
Hector not being Town would need EP to be in (unwitting?) collusion.
EP not being Town doesn't explain why no advantage (at least daytime) was taken from the two reveals.

I have suspicions of mechanisms here. I'm not saying we sit still (because it wouldn't be a good game, amongst other reasons) but I'm urging caution first and foremost.

@EP, if the information you have indicates anything whereby you could break the deadlock by getting to the heart of the matter, would you be able to answer that?  (Not what the answer is (answers are?). Just would you be able?)
@Hector I don't know your basic vulnerability, and yet I think I know where it leads.  Or you don't know it yourself, and that has implications for me.  Tell us if you have a disconnected Achilles Heal, perhaps, to your knowledge?
@Fallacy You're obviously a powerful enabler, which might be a Good or Evil thing, but I tend towards Good, Neutral at worst, but as I said above... I need to think a bit about that. Bearing in mind what I've asked above, is there anything else that I've asked of the others that means anything (you need not say what, specifically).
@Fish I've no immediate questions, except whether you recognise where I was going with EP, just to check accuracy of what I think we have here...
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 237