Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230823 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2790 on: September 27, 2016, 08:20:01 am »

Right. Apparently, I can't self target. So unless we have a redirector or something, I won't be able to use my ability on myself.

Would have made things so much easier.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: September 27, 2016, 08:37:48 am »

Darn.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:39 am »

My basic thoughts are that either Fallacy's role isn't as altruistic as claimed, or Fish has just not been found out yet.

But there's a good chance that it's more complicated than that, so don't take that as an FoS on either. Or even a split FoS. There's something still missing from the equation, and there's as good a chance that the Evil one knows how to win tonight, too... (Tomasque's1 bewailing of too many Town wins probably means that's biased for...)

1 Or, as my keyboard tried to make me type, "Trump's mosques"...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: September 27, 2016, 10:01:42 am »

Why does EP get a free pass?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: September 27, 2016, 10:06:51 am »

Tomasque

Just seeing if it'll stick.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: September 27, 2016, 11:11:33 am »

Considering that Tomasque is usually on very early in the morning or very late in the evening, I would hope you're also going to scumhunt as well.

I would also like to request that either FoU target EP N2, or that TBF not give his results to EP, as that seems like a ridiculously stupid thing to do. I'm not even sure why Starver did it, to be quite honest... EP is in no way cleared just because they're "clearing" other players.

EZ town-cred for scum, since nobody is likely to argue "you what, I'm not town!" are they? And if things do work the way I'm thinking they do, scum has a one-shot and is looking for the driver.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: September 27, 2016, 11:14:23 am »

Huh—I'm town, but I don't have another option. Hmm...

I am very much against no-lynching, in the current context.

Also this. Everybody else seems to have an alt wincon, why not EP?

I think I'll slide my vote back on to EP for the time being. They haven't brought anything to the game beyond revealing other player's roles. No pressure on anybody else, looks like they're just trying to coast along to a victory.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: September 27, 2016, 11:27:37 am »

Considering that Tomasque is usually on very early in the morning or very late in the evening, I would hope you're also going to scumhunt as well.
Wrong.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: September 27, 2016, 11:29:15 am »

Elephant Parade

It's always possible that the results I got were fake, of course, but I find that unlikely.

Anyway: We should be able to lynch Starver today and FallacyofUrist tomorrow—or vice versa, of course—without any issues.

Why were you encouraging us to lynch Starver or FoU while not voting for either at the time?

Once again here:

Also: I can't explain why, but I think we might actually be dealing with a scumteam of two—most likely Fallacy and Starver, from my perspective. This obviously isn't a very useful comment, but I'd just like everyone to acknowledge the possibility.

Throw an unsupported theory in to freak out the town, say we should lynch those two but not vote for either again.

EP: What is the current context and why does it make you so against no lynching at this point?
I can't think of any ways to phrase it that either aren't uselessly broad or useful to scum, unfortunately.

Doesn't answer the question of why we should lynch someone/anyone, claiming it'd be useful to scum... despite revealing what he thinks he knows about my role earlier.

Claims in the next post that he does actually have an alt wincon, so ignore what I said about him being the odd-one-out.

D2 start is him saying we're all town, man, don't have a cow. Seems to think this based on having 3 of the 5 roles. A majority, yes, but certainly not all the information. While I don't like using statistics a great deal in arguments, there's still a 40% chance that 1 in 5 role is one of the remaining 2.

Could also be that he's the 1 in 5 role, as I said, neither Starver or myself are going to argue that we're not town, are we?

Wrong.

Give us a vote count then :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 17
« Reply #2799 on: September 27, 2016, 11:35:39 am »

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (1) - hector13
No Lynch (1) - TheBiggerFish

Not Voting: FallacyofUrist, Starver, Elephant Parade
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: September 27, 2016, 11:47:41 am »

I'm not even sure why Starver did it, to be quite honest... EP is in no way cleared just because they're "clearing" other players.
It was your choice of who to pass to, the first time, that led me that way.

i.e if it was already dangerous to tell EP these things (for you, and you seemed to guard your identity more closely than I think I have to guard mine), then we were probably already in trouble. So worth a gamble.  And it seemed useful to compare and contrast results to remove one particupar element of doubt. If EP had thought I was now worth lynching, and it happened, my lynchflip would indicate something wrong, that would have had to have been worked out by those that remain, but that didn't happen. Perhaps because it was all true, perhaps just with malicious expediency. The way it turned out, however, you have the most valid 'free pass' hours, in my eyes. With reservations. And you either know more about this than you legitimately should or actually have a similar idea about me.  Everyone else has to consider their own opinions, but based upon similar assumptions.

Alternative 'revealees' were you (if indeed confirmed as Ok by EP, the above doubts about veracity and honesty aside, you'd be a perfectly safe landing zone for my info and then the next to confirm could be told that I was the best person to tell) or Fallacy (assuming altruism in the role, rather than trap by the Big Bad).  On balance, EP's claim, and the need to check EP's claim seemed wisest to pursue. But just the once. Whoever gets next compelled (EP or Fish, necessarily; unless we want to repeat one of us two with, perhaps, the other of us as onward target...  a possibly low danger neutral option, if it doesn't just delay Town to Scum's advantage) perhaps ought to choose between either of us as recipient as the most closely 'confirmed Town' that anybody can determine.

(What would you have done, in my position?  Probably telling original!you would have been high on your list, as it was on mine, but at the top?)

[Three ninja posts... Nothing that changes the above, though.]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 27, 2016, 12:23:25 pm »

If you trusted EP enough to believe what he said about me, then yeah, I would've passed it to me. May have had reservations given EP had said he felt there was two scum, but that has never really been a feature before (technically all the Evil roles in that one game made them de facto town) so I'm less willing to entertain the idea. Could be you two are scum, which is why he was unwilling to choose between you and FoU as lynchees on D1.

It also spreads the information around a bit. 1 in 5 chance that EP is scum, and we're essentially telling him about all the roles - still assuming that he's getting the right results - but two people getting results would make it more likely the town are getting them. If three people get the results it guarantees town have at least one investigative result.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: September 27, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »

If you trusted EP enough to believe what he said about me, then yeah, I would've passed it to me.
You missed the point. I didn't trust that the Fallacy->you->EP chain was entirely accurate. But I consider it more proven now that I've tested it, and I know EP hasn't maliciously labelled me a wrong'un.

Passing it to you would have taken blind faith about some other things, which have now been tied down (e.g. no alignment-inversion in the revelation process, unless it is far more complicated. I could demand Fallacy pokes me again for your benefit, if that doesn't look like a stalling tactic (EP should know why that's a perfectly good thing for me, but I don't think it helps Town if we don't stop the so far unknown Evil action from doing whatever it does), but I think we need to add to the info. In the manners already suggested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 27, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »

EBWOP: Include close-parenthesis after "complicated".

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: September 28, 2016, 08:45:42 am »

Now then. I have something of an idea. This night, I zap Fish with my ability, and he targets Elephant Parade. Next day, we lynch Elephant Parade. If he's scum, great! If he's town, okay, now we know that each person who told him their role is town because if they were scum EP would have told us.

Hole filling: Regardless of whether or not EP claims Fish is scum, we still lynch Elephant Parade. If he does claim Fish is scum, and EP's town upon lynch, we lynch Fish the next day. If EP's scum upon lynch, we(probably) win!

The final problem is the problem of me being potential scum from your perspectives. Sadly, that's a problem I can't think of how to fix at the moment.
~~~
Elephant Parade: Could you please vote somebody of your choice, then unvote in a post after that? Just want to know if you can vote.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 237