Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230805 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2760 on: September 23, 2016, 02:02:19 pm »

It doesn't make sense, unfortunately. Why would a member of the town win without the rest of the town?

Your ability sounds like a town weakness, maybe investigative (maybe both) but that second wincon... even if you stay in the game, you have no reason to help anyone else win. In terms of meta, you want the fewest people to get VPs, so helping the scum would be to your benefit in that instance.

I don't like that.

FoU
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: September 23, 2016, 02:24:12 pm »

It did occur to me, after the fact, that if Fallacy's wincon (non-Town) is to have accumulated votes from everyone in a single round, whether or not later switched, then requesting testvotes might (as it has done with me) attract those not otherwise inclined to vote to fulfil the requirement.

If anyone who hasn't already wants to 'testvote', then I'll not take it amiss in being the temporary target. Ot not.  But as I can't retract "having retracted my vote", and yet I now have a mild paranoia about it through the confusion of the unknown, I'm putting it out there.  To be ignored.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 23, 2016, 02:28:31 pm »

He's most likely a neutral, perhaps a jester, though that doesn't explain his claimed ability, so I think I can rule that particular one out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: September 23, 2016, 02:58:28 pm »

Indeed, I have absolutel no evidence for it (including no private evidence that I would be unwilling to admit) but right now definitely within my 'seriously consider' pile of WAGes is the existence of something like "Wincon: You win if, before the third day, you have been voted for at some point by every other player still playing. You will survive all votes."

(Only as unlikely as a number of my other off-the-wall ideas.)

But I'm done with that. Still going through the round history. But so far I predict that the round is technically not limited to three days, but may mechanically be so, the Big Bad doesn't use (immediate?) NightKills in their offensive, or maybe they're tasked to go after a specific individual with a 1-Shot or other limitation.  My role (which seems to be made to match with at least one other) isn't as simply linked as I expected (flavour doesn't help on that score) and my subtle hints are too subtle for anyone else to respond to (who is willing) or else their subtle replies are too subtle for me.

What is it... four hours 'til N1? Nothing seems to be happening before nightfal (ICBW) and maybe nothing noticable will happen overnight. But there's one (claimed) night-action that might be used, for good or ill, in good judgement or badly...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 23, 2016, 04:32:06 pm »

Huh—I'm town, but I don't have another option. Hmm...

I am very much against no-lynching, in the current context.

So we've got a few hours left in the day (2.5, specifically) and nothing is being done. Bothersome.

My choices for lynching today would be FoU for what I laid out here or EP, as he seems to be the odd-one-out regarding having a little bit of an extra wincon, plus the bounce from RVS to what could be him revealing my role on D1.

In that order. I'd need a little extra convincing from someone to go after EP.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 17
« Reply #2765 on: September 24, 2016, 12:01:19 am »

Round 18 - Night 1
 Anger brewed among the citizens as no one could decide what to do. Some wanted blood, other wanted piece. No one wanted to die.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (1) - hector13
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (0)
No Lynch (1) - TheBiggerFish
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:35:15 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 24, 2016, 12:09:59 am »

(N1 and thread locked, you mean? Apols if you're in the middle of thread-locking as you write, I just woke up (IRL) a few minutes ago and saw this within minutes.)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 24, 2016, 01:08:19 pm »

Thanks. I am way too tired when I do this.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 26, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »

Round 18 - Day 2
 A new day begins. Before: Another landmark in the blissful rhythm of life. Now: Another opportunity to kill the killer.

Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
Elephant Parade (0)

Day ends Wednesday, 4:00 PM PST
             Wednesday, 11:00 AM GMT
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:35:27 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 26, 2016, 06:20:27 pm »

I'm ~50% sure that we're all town, and that there isn't actually a way to nightkill people. Unless we want to deny someone points, there's no reason to go for a lynch.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 26, 2016, 06:21:11 pm »

(I'm inclined to believe that because A) there was no nightkill, and B) I got PM'd another role last night that seems to fit that pattern. Also, even if there is an Evil role, they don't seem very interested in killing.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: September 26, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

Sorry for triple-posting, but I think we should look at D1's flavour (emphasis mine):
The day began with chaos - an evil had been rumored to be in their midst! The tranquility of the citizens shattered, they turned on one another to find the culprit.
Yeah. I know I'm pushing this idea pretty hard, but I really think it makes sense.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

Round 18 - Day2
 A new day begins. Before: Another landmark in the blissful rhythm of life. Now: Another opportunity to kill the killer.

A lot of the rounds have had no killing role, and some rounds have had a one-shot kill Evil role. The lack of a kill is not a sign there is no kill, nor is it a sign there is no Evil role.

Perhaps this is a case of "the lady doth protest too much", EP?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 26, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »

Not a sensible place for my vote, FoU's stuff still doesn't make sense, but I no longer need that much convincing to place my vote on EP.

So perhaps you would like to fill us in, Fallacy, on how you can win as town and still remain in the game?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: September 26, 2016, 06:45:19 pm »

As an addendum, we don't really know much about whether or not FoU's abilities are what he claims they are. There's no reason for him to not have an ability which sends a made-up role to someone.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 237