Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231868 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1065 on: March 19, 2016, 05:51:22 pm »

It's the fact that my weakness role is so much less weak than his.

He's apparently unable to vote at all.

That just makes no sense.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 19, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »

I guess you can't really ask him about that, but what about it doesn't make sense? (I have suspicions of your thinking, but I'md like to have you say it)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 19, 2016, 05:58:01 pm »

In other news, I'm a hippy.
Bloody town weakness roles.
If I could vote, I'd be less willing to vote. If I'm correct about how the voting system works, wounds are not erased at the end of a night phase... meaning any wound somebody inflicts stays until the person wounded dies.
BUT I CAN'T VOTE BECAUSE I'M A BLOODY HIPPIE.
Not sure why you say you "claimed" hippy. You literally did claim hippy, two times. With two different spellings.
I would call "hippie" or "hippy" a nickname for pacifist.
Much like "hippie" or "hippy" is a nickname for an elf.
In any case, sorry for not being clear.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 19, 2016, 05:59:50 pm »

I cannot believe he's that weak.  As a Town Weakness myself, that doesn't seem like it's on the same par of underpoweredness as me.

And there's the two damage voter that nobody has claimed.

Which is odd, because you could claim that as town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:32 pm »

And WHY DID YOU EVEN USE A NICKNAME IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 19, 2016, 06:00:56 pm »

And WHY DID YOU EVEN USE A NICKNAME IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
Humor. I found it funny.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 19, 2016, 06:02:07 pm »

Who do you think is the doublevoter?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 19, 2016, 06:08:25 pm »

FoU
In other news, I'm a hippy.
Bloody town weakness roles.
If I could vote, I'd be less willing to vote. If I'm correct about how the voting system works, wounds are not erased at the end of a night phase... meaning any wound somebody inflicts stays until the person wounded dies.
BUT I CAN'T VOTE BECAUSE I'M A BLOODY HIPPIE.
Not sure why you say you "claimed" hippy. You literally did claim hippy, two times. With two different spellings.
I would call "hippie" or "hippy" a nickname for pacifist.
Much like "hippie" or "hippy" is a nickname for an elf.
In any case, sorry for not being clear.

But that's the thing: you were clear. You said you were a hippy. Twice. Then changed your mind.

Using a personal association (hippy = pacifist) in a game in which intent and meaning is oh so bloody important... I don't buy it.

TBF
I cannot believe he's that weak.  As a Town Weakness myself, that doesn't seem like it's on the same par of underpoweredness as me.

And there's the two damage voter that nobody has claimed.

Which is odd, because you could claim that as town.

Well I was hoping you would say something that being unable to vote in a round in which voting is like an attack isn't sensible. Normally town's only power is their vote... Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't be able to do it.

However, perhaps that is where the theft thing comes in: vote stealing, rather than role stealing. Or I'm completely wrong in that respect. When not everyone votes, it does make it difficult to know if it happened. Though vote stealing might not work, flavour-wise...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:02 pm »

That was also a thought.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 19, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »

Okay then.
For the purposes of this simulation/imagination, I'm going to assume the double voter is scum.
~~~
FallacyofUrist: I can rule myself out. That leaves you, Starver, The Moonlit Shadow, and hector13.
~~~
So let's list claims...
I'm the Historian.
So you're saying you don't know who wounds you?
Yes.  Thus Weakness.
Specifically, an auto. I'll claim Special, maybe to narrow it down.
If it's for a particular role you've already told us most of it. If not all of it. And you claim that's not all of it.
I haven't told you anything about my auto, other than it makes me suspect there's a thief/Evil role can steal things.
I'm Special. Someone's lying.
Politician. I can 'cower', which makes all votes against me the next day do nothing. It's a day action.
Quote from: Starver
No claim.

To summarize:
FallacyofUrist(pacifist, can't vote)
TheBiggerFish(historian, doesn't know who voted him/her)
hector13(???, has an auto that makes him suspect that there's a thief)
The Moonlit Shadow(Politician, can cower which makes all votes against him the next day do nothing, has not claimed if it's a shotted ability)
Starver(??? nothing at all?)

So who do I think is the double voter?
I can remove myself from the pool of possibilities.
That leaves you, hector, TMS, and Starver.
I'm inclined to believe TMS is a Neutral survivor and not a town player. I may be wrong, but assuming I'm right, that leaves you, hector, and Starver.
Of you three, I'm going to remove hector for good scum hunting, logic... and basically, not scummy behavior. That leaves you and Starver.
Of you two... I can't decide, because Starver really hasn't been active enough for me to decide if he's scum or not. Plus, he hasn't claimed.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 19, 2016, 06:37:24 pm »

It would be ironic if a vote was stolen from someone who didn't vote...

Exact wording of the ability would be critical as to whether a non-vote would still be used, would actually be used alongside the regular vote of the thief or (because it wasn't used) wasn't available to steal (i.e. redirect...).

That's if a 'vote thief' even is a thing.  Yeah, flavour doesn't look like it'd support it.  Other (related) possibilities have been mentioned, though, and I'm thinking about them right now.  (Not yet ready to get back to the maths, though. That needs something else I'm currently missing, I'm sure.)

(Oh, it appears that it's not just Hector who apparently doesn't read things that were said...)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 19, 2016, 06:40:38 pm »

Starver:Did you vote?  Who did you vote for?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 19, 2016, 06:44:23 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 19, 2016, 06:45:20 pm »

Just say yes or no unambiguously please.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 19, 2016, 07:03:07 pm »

Everyone: did I vote for you?

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 237