Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231896 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 7
« Reply #915 on: March 15, 2016, 08:33:05 am »

I didn't want to get lynched(for obvious reasons), and I was going to have to get off bay 12 before the lynch came. So I put that there in invisible text as a contingency to help make sure I didn't get lynched.
I should have expected somebody to read it outside of the condition.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 15, 2016, 08:34:52 am »

There's no point in putting conditions on it. If it's information you want to avoid you getting lynched, why tell us to wait to read it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 15, 2016, 08:41:49 am »

Huh.
Because I didn't want it to get read if I wasn't going to get lynched anyway.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:24 am »

So why post it if you don't want us to read it? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 15, 2016, 08:44:19 am »

I wanted it to be read if I was about to be lynched, but not otherwise.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 15, 2016, 08:48:43 am »

'Tis silliness. Posting it is encouraging someone to read, irrespective of when you post it.

It did just make you look more scummy by posting conditions and then getting pissy when someone ignores then :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 15, 2016, 10:07:57 am »

If it helps, at all, that only solidified my (revised, but only due to Hector's baling out) intended final actions that night.  Revealing that information (which of course I read, you telegraphed it loudly!) didn't cause the game-loss, just gave me a large part of confidence that what I was doing was right.  Plus a new, albeit smaller, thought that you were actually being far cleverer than me and was perhaps a player with the role "Riding Shotgun", in the car, purposefully now fakeclaiming to shield the actual driver from the threat.  (I'm not above fakeclaiming even as a Townie, in the right circumstances, or even deliberately sacrificing myself for the good of my allies, you'll have already noted from prior rounds.)

Generally: Town should still have more logically concentrated on Fish's claim, I think.  Hitchhikers are easily Scum material (as noted, but not followed-up on) and while it's obvious in hindsight that the role was made with the initial absence in mind, it very much needn't have been.  Of course, the person likely most sure of this erroneous position would be the driver (originally the only one knowing that this means a double-claim of Town Weak), but I've already deleted my notes on what everyone appeared to be thinking about everyone else about this time and can't be bothered to check back in the thread on Fallacy's actual attitude, directly.  My 'town personae' had definitely decided that Fish was the suspicious one, and couldn't believe that nobody else was doing anything about it.

Back in my 'real world' as scum, I even at one point had a nagging thought that the Hitchhiker might mean it was a double-Evil game (unallied, obviously), or else a Neutral with a distinct anti-Town streak (useful to me or otherwise).  And if Town had gotten rid of Fish (ungrateful as it would have been, towards someone unable to join in the early stages), I'm pretty sure things might have turned out differently afterwards, but I'm not sure to whose advantage.

But the Man Of The Match, this round, was definitely Hector.  Fully deserving of the second Victory Point that would otherwise have been mine... ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 15, 2016, 10:10:14 am »

Unnecessary EBWOP: ...that might otherwise have been mine.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 15, 2016, 10:18:57 am »

That was part of the reason I was so frazzled D1. I had no reason to do anything - my wincon meant I just had to ride things out - but I wanted to see the streak of town wins continue, though not to the point of ruining things for the Evil role by playing as though I had a town wincon.

Why the rest of the town just seemed happy to let things go without doing anything was beyond me. TBF livened things up when he came in, but nobody put pressure on Starver, or me really. This despite the unchallenged claim of an investigative role having a reasonable (if ill thought out) reason for voting me.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 16, 2016, 12:01:29 am »

I'll start the next round... tomorrow? Most likely, but possibly the day after.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #925 on: March 16, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »

Round 8 - Day 1
 A ship flew from a doomed world. Aboard it, the humans looked forward to their life in a habitable planet far away. However, the aliens that had claimed Earth were not going to let them go so easily. Unprepared for the menace among them, their justice system degenerated...

This round has Martial Voting. Votes are anonymous. At the end of the day, anyone who was voted will know how many people voted them, and who it was that did. Each vote transfers into a "damage point," a value only visible to the person it applies to. Once a person has accumulated 3 damage points, they die.

...could it stop the alien threat?

Day ends Friday, 3:30 PM.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 16, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »

... No night start?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 16, 2016, 05:31:56 pm »

Well, never mind, just got the PM :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 16, 2016, 05:38:30 pm »

In other news, I'm a hippy.
Bloody town weakness roles.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 16, 2016, 05:41:10 pm »

You with the overly overt claims..!

However, I do believe one of two things is possible here:

a) the Evil role steals things

or

b) there is a (non-Evil) thief among us

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 237