Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231899 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #975 on: March 17, 2016, 10:07:51 pm »

Can we change our votes once we've placed them?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 17, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »

Can we change our votes once we've placed them?
Yeah.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 17, 2016, 11:16:09 pm »

Do votes need to be PM'd to you?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 17, 2016, 11:16:35 pm »

Yup.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:10 am »

Scum can only force a kill on one player, after all. Tomasque: I assume multiple players can be lynched in the same day?
By my reading, three people could deplete one unlucky target straight away, the other two putting another almost as unlucky target 'only' 2/3rds dead1.  But then the second person could be struck down by a single vote, D2, even whilst a third is potentially deaded entirely (no votes to spare, due to the loss of the D1 unfortunate - and D3 would have a non-fatal swap of blows between the survivors).

Or if we all voted in strict round-robin (say), and ignoring nightkills/whatever2, by the third day everybody would have been voting 'ineffectually' all the time until the final fatal blows laid down upon them at once.  (Let's not do that!)

The reality will be somewhere between.  Someone consistently voted for by just one antagonist from D1 will die as D3 (figuratively) dies, yet someone else may will get pounced upon by others right from the start and die quicker, unless it's just two belligerents, they just survive the first round, somehow regain the trust of the group and survive to the end on a single remaining health-point.

How this helps anyone, I don't know.  Can we organise a pact of some sort, to ensure we don't lose out on understanding N1's actions?  But then how would we know we followed the pact.  Anybody would know only what happened to them (they were under/over-voted, from how the plan went) but none of the rest would know the accuracy of their claims, unless someone else (over/under-voted for?) also cared to claim, to partially resolve the unknowns...  And with the (alleged) Thief on the board, is it perhaps the case that we're not all even necessarily in control of our own contributions?

Someone may know.  Right now, I'm unsure what the group should do, and now only partially inclined towards a personal action.

1 Unless someone's weakness is that they're weaker..?

2 We can't, of course, but I'm not sure we can yet outguess this element until we (perhaps) see what happens overnight.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 18, 2016, 07:11:33 am »

Correction: We do know who voted for us, having just checked the Round-start post more closely...  (Although there's still no reason not to believe there's not spoofing/redirecting possible.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:14 am »

Correction: We do know who voted for us, having just checked the Round-start post more closely...  (Although there's still no reason not to believe there's not spoofing/redirecting possible.)
Well, if you're not me, you do...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:56 am »

Tomasque: I assume multiple players can be lynched in the same day?
Yes.
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 18, 2016, 09:16:27 am »

I admire your WIFOM. ;)  Are you somehow unusually vulnerable to belligerence, or are you actually not vulnerable and want to draw the 'attention' of the big-bad, or are you trying to make it look like you're not vulnerable, because you are, or are you vulnerable but want to reinforce the idea that you aren't?  Or...?

I will gladly add to this confusion, though, in the hope that it hooks the malicious voting role(s?) the way you actually want!

(Unless you're the Big Bad, and you're trying to fool me and the others!  In which case: Boo!  Lynch him!  Darnit.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 18, 2016, 10:13:13 am »

So you're saying you don't know who wounds you?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 18, 2016, 10:18:07 am »

Yes.  Thus Weakness.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 18, 2016, 10:39:12 am »

Yes.  Thus Weakness.

What's the name of your role?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 18, 2016, 11:13:58 am »

I'm the Historian.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 18, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »

So what do Moonlit and Starver have to say about the claims so far?

Perhaps they'd like to claim the type of role they have, too?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 18, 2016, 02:44:20 pm »

I guess I should add we've had two weakness claims and a special claim so far.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 237