Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231886 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #960 on: March 16, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »

We don't have any evidence of anything, actually. This includes: my claimed auto, my thoughts on thief roles/abilities, your claimed alignment and (presumable) role name, Starver's soft claim that he doesn't want the Evil role to know something (I think he does that every game)

The only thing we do know is that the voting system is different, anonymous and needs to be explained a bit so we don't do something silly.

What's with the cheeky shifting of shade onto TBF?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 16, 2016, 07:28:13 pm »

Starver: thoughts on proceedings?
Working on it...

Also, Fish claimed weakness.
Yep, just picked that up, on the re-read.

You also made the "I don't really want Evil to know my role" in the last round :o
That was playing a role.  Is it my fault that I now genuinely find myself in a (different?) role that has the same stipulation!?!  (I won't claim it to be Mod humour...  'merely' personal prescience!)  [non-edit-Edit: And it may well be a clichéd phrase of mine, too.  Consider the stopped clock, though!]

Anyway, nobody has yet (directly) claimed Investigation.  There was a 'Special gap' last time, but I wouldn't say there's an 'Investigation gap' this time round, and I'm going to change my mind about one thing I said previously.  But I'm worried about the Thief role.  Either because they are Evil or because they could (incidentally/purposefully?) cause problems to the non-Evil.

I'm actually seriously considering putting in a vote, already, just to try make sure I don't miss my opportunity.  But I've got to consider the fact that any vote I make is 'ablative' to my target, and if I'm seriously wrong that would disadvantage our legitimate passengers/crew...  Which, right now, I might well do.  So I'll resist that urge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 16, 2016, 07:30:45 pm »

@FoU:In the FIRST POST?  It seems a bit too eager...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 16, 2016, 07:37:57 pm »

@FoU:In the FIRST POST?  It seems a bit too eager...

You claimed in your first post.

I sort of claimed in my first post.

However, your claim was in response to FoU's and I wanted to bring something to people's attention, so I'm willing to concede that point to you.

I should perhaps refine my thoughts re: thief: my auto doesn't say anything specific to stealing, so it might be that someone has the ability to remove roles without necessarily taking them, if that makes sense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 17, 2016, 01:02:19 pm »

So, presently FoU is my most likely suspect for Evil this round. Starver is typically difficult to read (also not sure what to think about his reference to passengers/crew)

TBF I think is most likely town, while I'm not too sure about Moonlit yet.

Why do you think that a role in a previous round precludes it from being in a future one? (Fou and Moonlit)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 17, 2016, 06:42:49 pm »

Why do you think that a role in a previous round precludes it from being in a future one? (Fou and Moonlit)
Well, it's never happened yet (AFAIK).
To start with, this.
Of course, this goes into territory of "don't outguess the mod", and for all I know, Tomasque put a previous role into this round just to mess with us.
But that does seem less likely than what's happened the past 7 times.
~~~
It seems to me that you're awfully fixated on convincing us that there's a thief role, hector...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2016, 06:46:55 pm »

I should perhaps refine my thoughts re: thief: my auto doesn't say anything specific to stealing, so it might be that someone has the ability to remove roles without necessarily taking them, if that makes sense.

Aha, no.

Though if, hypothetically, I was trying to do that, what would be the problem?

Nobody else is doing anything, anyway, so yeah, my posts are going to stand out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »

To be honest, I'm not sure what to ask.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2016, 06:50:54 pm »

To be honest, I'm not sure what to ask.

In order to refine that, ask questions :P you won't get better at something if you procrastinate.

If a question doesn't yield any useful information, ponder why during the interim between games. Ask about the game, really... Though expect people to question you about your questions and/or responses. Don't let that stop you from continuing a line of questioning if you think it'll yield results though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2016, 09:21:41 pm »

everybody: Are you going to be more hesitant or less hesitant to vote with this system? And why?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2016, 09:25:56 pm »

There will be no difference. I have my suspicions over how it works, but until Tomasque confirms them I won't be voting.

This is only because I fear I won't be able to change my vote if I want to.

How about you?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 17, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »

If I could vote, I'd be less willing to vote. If I'm correct about how the voting system works, wounds are not erased at the end of a night phase... meaning any wound somebody inflicts stays until the person wounded dies.
BUT I CAN'T VOTE BECAUSE I'M A BLOODY HIPPIE.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:56 pm »

If I could vote, I'd be less willing to vote. If I'm correct about how the voting system works, wounds are not erased at the end of a night phase... meaning any wound somebody inflicts stays until the person wounded dies.
BUT I CAN'T VOTE BECAUSE I'M A BLOODY HIPPIE.

You really do like revealing things that aren't very helpful :P if there is a thief/role removing ability, you've just narrowed the field for a choice. Well done!

Unless you're trying to bait them into targeting you. But I find it hard to believe there's more than one player that's immune to such things...

Anyhow, it makes sense for the wounds to stay, else no-one would die outside actions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 17, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »

I'm definitely more hesitant to vote this round.  If I target a townie, I've weakened them for a scum action later.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 17, 2016, 10:05:14 pm »

If I'm correct about how the voting system works, wounds are not erased at the end of a night phase... meaning any wound somebody inflicts stays until the person wounded dies.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Are there any questions pertaining to the voting?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 237