Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 232006 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 7
« Reply #885 on: March 13, 2016, 01:41:59 pm »

I asked why he thought it was ridiculous. Or at least, I meant to.

I think it's because of what you said. And since why I thought it was weird was based off a game a long time ago.

I'm not sure what you mean with the second paragraph. It sounds like you're using information from another game to scumread Fallacy in this one..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 13, 2016, 03:35:07 pm »

I think you're being evasive, Moonlit. Please answer the question.

Also, I think voting me for announcing my pressure votes is ridiculous because: I've done that in several of my previous games. And announced pressure votes are still effective because I "upgrade" them to real votes at some point if I grow more suspicious of whoever I'm voting for.

And another thing.
Your role claim makes me want to cry.
I am Undercover (role name).
My flavor says stuff about getting into the car and having a bad feeling. I am the Investigative role. My night action, Monitor, lets me see what my target did if they are the Evil role and did something. Night 0 I used it on Starver. Last Night I used it on Fallacy. Got nothing both times. I think I trust TBF because of slight role claim (though he does that every time, wonder what your power is?).

First of all. Why would you claim your flavor? What do you(and the town) gain from that?
Second of all. This would be a wonderful fake claim for an Evil role. It doesn't trigger unless you use it on the Evil role, right? If you use it on a town player, you get nothing. Basically, this means that you can't prove your role claim by saying what a town player did. And because of your claim, that's "excused".
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 13, 2016, 03:38:32 pm »

On another note, based on the current number of pages...
This thing is going to go for 21 rounds. At an approximate rate of 10 pages per round, we'll have over 200 pages when we're done with this thing.
[Insert gasp of surprise or a few minor swear words here].
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 13, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »

It did strike me as rather odd, that claim...

TMS.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 13, 2016, 06:25:39 pm »

I am Undercover (role name).
My flavor says stuff about getting into the car and having a bad feeling. I am the Investigative role. My night action, Monitor, lets me see what my target did if they are the Evil role and did something. Night 0 I used it on Starver. Last Night I used it on Fallacy. Got nothing both times. I think I trust TBF because of slight role claim (though he does that every time, wonder what your power is?).

YOU LIAR. This vote's for emphasis, The Moonlit Shadow.

Allow me to show a highlight.
My night action, Monitor, lets me see what my target did if they are the Evil role and did something.

And again, for emphasis:
My night action, Monitor, lets me see what my target did if they are the Evil role and did something.

Now, compare to the claim you just made:
If I use it on town, then if Evil uses their action on them then I also know who the Evil role is.
~~~
So why the difference?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 13, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »

Just a note from the mod: In this case, claiming flavor (real or faked) was not gamebreaking. However, remember that some rounds were situations where this could've happened, such as Round 3 (The one with the Phantom and the <name> One(s)).
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 13, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »

~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
Where is the difference, you ask?
If I use it on town, then if Evil uses their action on them then I also know who the Evil role is.
Is it not obvious?
And even if your action is both of these together, why did you not claim the second part in the first place?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 13, 2016, 08:59:42 pm »

Can we get a vote count up in da house, Tomasque?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 14, 2016, 07:52:01 am »

Votecount
hector13 (1) - The Moonlit Shadow
FallacyofUrist (1) - hector13
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (1) - FallacyofUrist
Wow. FallacyofUrist is now in my iPad autocorrect. Can you believe it?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 14, 2016, 08:45:58 am »

This is silly.  My personal assessment is still that, generally, it's too close to call and that I have nothing good to vote with.

(Nobody even bothered to ask, but I'll say anyway: For Day 1 I could have voted an OMGUS for Hector, for a second vote-swap.  Pointless to turn a three-way tie into a four-way tie, though it would be.  Or else I could have voted for either Fallacy or Moonlit, breaking that vote-swap tie.  But I assessed them both the same.  Assessment: It'd have been little more than an indiscriminate kill, to have broken that tie when it was too close to call.)

I was only going to vote when I was more sure I knew who is sending us on this doomed journey.  Originally I was erring between Fallacy and Moonlit (in the absence of Fish), but Fish now complicates that and Moonlit seems to have the only unopposed claim.  Hector is too neutral (more boring-neutral than inconspicuous-neutral, if you'll excuse me for saying so).  For my part, I know I've been quiet, but mostly that's been because I've been pondering more than I've been spouting.

Although I still don't want to aid the lynch of the wrong person, by my reckoning it's not so bad to do right now as if I'd lynched a person on Day 1.  Something tells me that Hector's the best person to save, and while I remain dubious about Fish and still can't separate Moonlit and Fallacy on any other measure of doubt, the person threatening Hector is Fallacy, and my vote there will at least to stop Fallacy from snipe-switching back to Moonlit at the very last moment to further who-knows-what personal interests.  My voting for Fish, instead, would mean nothing, so I'm forced to either break the tie or else effectively do nothing at all.)

For those that care, my current summary of thoughts is:
Hector: unknown, but with above-par vive
Fallacy: provisionally cleared by provisionally-Investigative Moonlit, but with doubts expressed about the skill
Fish: several doubts, but as inactive in votes as I previously was, so I'm not sure what other factors might be in play there...
Me: being not a very frequent a contributor, I know, but ever-thoughtful, rest-assured.  Not that anybody cares.
Moonlit: Nobody has counter-claimed the role.  A mis-vote for Moonlit could (when we know the proper role conditions) end up flipping a confirmation of my and Fallacy's innocence, but - even then - we'd have to decide between Hector and Fish and I still think Fallacy's on the wrong track so I don't want to have that problem.

So, a vote for Fallacy is the best of all actions, as far as I can see.  Better than staying quiet and stewing about when the final day reveals something I could have perhaps stopped.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 14, 2016, 09:43:05 am »

Ho boy. If I'm right, the day ends in around 3 hours.

The Moonlit Shadow, I'm still convinced you're scum.

Yeah, it's both. I forgot about it the first time.
Really.
Reallllly.
Realllllllllllllllly.
~~~
Basically, we only have your word for it. And you're rather suspicious.
~~~

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 14, 2016, 09:47:15 am »

Also, oh the joys of invisible text. I have something which I'd like to make known if I'm about to be lynched, but not before.
But I won't be on bay 12 when I'm about to be lynched.
So I'm going to put some invisible text in this post.
If it's less than an hour before the day ends and the majority of the votes are on me, quote this text and remove the transparent text tags. Otherwise, don't.
Really. Don't. Transparent text below.
I am the Driver, a Town Weakness role. If I die, the car crashes and all other players die also.
Really. Don't use the quote function on this post unless it's less than an hour before the day ends and the majority of the votes are still on me. Please.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:27 am »

That is the most ridiculous claim ever Fallacy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:11 am »

... I'm pretty sure I told you not to look/quote it.
Didn't I?
Really. Don't use the quote function on this post unless it's less than an hour before the day ends and the majority of the votes are still on me. Please.
Yeah. I did.
hector13, you have irritated me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 14, 2016, 10:07:44 am »

Aye, I'm going to ignore information 2.5 hours before day end because you asked nicely ::)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 237