Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231947 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 7
« Reply #900 on: March 14, 2016, 10:11:17 am »

For those who haven't looked, the claim is he's Town Weakness, The Driver, everybody died if he gets killed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 14, 2016, 10:41:43 am »

What makes you think I'm more likely to be scum than Fallacy, Moonlit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 14, 2016, 12:44:50 pm »

Unvote

Sorry. Kinda.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 14, 2016, 01:09:03 pm »

Round 7 - Night 2

Once again, spurred on by the undescribable fear crawling on their backs, their accusations elevated to heated argument. In the car of four people, no one had noticed that one had gone missing. In the rearview mirror, had they taken a glance, they would have seen a figure in the distance. It was already too late to turn back - a tunnel was upon them.

hector13 has left the game.

Votecount
hector13 (1) - The Moonlit Shadow
FallacyofUrist (1) - Starver
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (1) - FallacyofUrist

Not voting: hector13, TheBiggerFish
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:13 pm »

Round Over - Scum Wins!
I knew the day would come! A scum victory! I'm crying tears of joy!

FallacyofUrist was killed during the night
FallacyofUrist was the Driver
Spoiler: Driver (click to show/hide)
TheBiggerFish, The Moonlit Shadow, and Starver are killed in the ensuing chaos.

Starver gets one victory point.
hector13 gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 14, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »

Well... Fallacy is having a bit of a poor run heh. This is the reason I don't like claiming :P

Starver lurked to victory, though. Bothersome. Well done anyway, dude. 2 points well earned!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 14, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »

It's always the quiet ones, isn't it?
I barely recall Starver saying ANYTHING.

Grats on actually winning as Scum though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 14, 2016, 10:13:05 pm »

This is why we need more activity, guys... Nobody put pressure on Starver that game. There was something else but I forgot what it was...

Tomasque: just in case you made an error, was Starver s'posed to get 2 victory points for that?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 14, 2016, 10:20:34 pm »

Nope. Two victory point would be if he cleaned you up as well.
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 14, 2016, 10:24:24 pm »

Oh good.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 14, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

I barely recall Starver saying ANYTHING.
I was saying little because I was for a large part of the game playing a role (it had many names, but at one point it was something to do with "Dozing", and in another, I was supposed to be far too absorbed in my hand-held electronic game) in which I was, fictitiously, under a form of post restriction requiring a prod/mention of my name to say anything.  (And, right from the beginning, that actually being voted for was a "You will not win this round!"-type auto.  That thing that I "perhaps should not have mentioned".)

I was actually waiting quite a while for you to call out my name, again, prodding me awake so that I could make that final vote for Fallacy... and then decided that Tomasque's vote-count (naming me) might somehow count should I need to continue to justify the charade into Day 3. ;)

BTW, I'd nurtured the idea of Hector being my best guess for Town/non-Aggressive Neutral (and therefore fictitiously my ally) nearly from the start because Hector just fit into that role easiest, with the Moonlit/Fallacy feud going on (and Fish absent).  And if I could have killed Fallacy with that Lynch (decided upon before Fallacy gave the hidden-hint, but I was later very happy to see that claim) my pre-decided plan was then to kill best-buddy Hector at night, with no (good) reason to link it to me.  (If I hadn't won by then, I just needed to stay innocent looking and not become the D3 lynch to win.)

However, Hector definitely wasn't a good person for the Town to try to lynch, at that point, so it didn't take much effort to lean into the particular logic-bomb that let me try to openly kill Fallacy off.  I was feeling quite good about my position, at that point, even though I had been totally lost (both as Scum and as fictional non-Scum!) on Day 1.  Hector's retraction actually surprised me, but I now realise why that happened.

(Once I discovered that my lynch had failed... and failed because Hector also knew the stakes by then, I'm sure... I also had utmost confidence that Fallacy wasn't playing the looooong con of being a Townie/Lawful Neutral taking upon himself to claim the role that he might have, like I had by this point, decided must exist.  I considered that possibility, but the real driver (quiet Hector? ...although already in my future plans to kill, if that had been true!) would have had to have been wise enough not to counterclaim, and/or contacted through a role-ability, and it would have made Fallacy suicidal and thus likely a Jester.)

It would have been nice to get the two points, and had I known Hector's 'leave' condition I'd have swapped my lynch/kill wishlist ordering, but Hector played that one just as quietly as I played my role.  Kudos.

Anyway, yes, you could perhaps have got me to say more, instead of arguing amongst yourselves.  If you'd have done it earlier, you'd have found me not even realising that it was a car-themed game and I might have given you a strange rolename that didn't match 'reality'.  But then it got to the point where I was satisfied that I had a whole package of suitable rolenames and fake abilities/weaknesses that would have just muddied the waters.

And, having told you all this, I expect the next round or three to be far more difficult for me.  Both in general suspicion of all my motives (no change there, then... except when you pretty much forget that I exist!) and in concocting similarly devious schemes of your own, whosoever happens to be the future anti-Town player(s)... ;)

(Also, the possibility that the Mod already has some of my half-formed ideas lined up...  There's going to be some matching, by the end of the Marathon session!)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 14, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »

That was what I wanted to say earlier: no lynches.

We need to lynch folk, basically. There is a 100% chance of scum maintaining existence if we don't get a lynch in. The information from the flip is super useful, and it narrows down the suspects too. No lynching played into my hands as the neutral role, given any D1 lynch has a 1/5 chance of hitting scum, and the odds get better from then on.

No lynching definitely allowed Starver an opportunity to blend in with the extra bodies too; as I said, nobody pressured him because Moonlit and Fallacy drew attention to themselves. Fallacy was a bit too overt with his role claim, which allowed Starver to murder all you sillies :P it will stand as my example forevermore as the reason I don't like claiming!

I think part of the problem is that you guys are afraid of making mistakes as town, specifically with mislynching. There's a need to be aggressive in a game like this, and like I said earlier the flip you get from a lynch is chock full of information: you know there's a role type (likely) out of the game, it narrows down the suspect list, and you can then review the previous day knowing the intentions of the player that died, as well as the cases of those voting against them.

For the record, I didn't believe FoU's claim (again); all I cared about was being able to force a no lynch on D2 so I could get my VP :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:30 pm »

The trouble about speaking up being that (most) Townies don't want to say anything right from the beginning because (most) Townies don't want to lose (or, more altruistically, allow the town to lose their various useful skills and/or wisdom).  And Scum don't because they can get into perfectly legitimate trouble, by doing so (truthfully or otherwise).  And Neutrals could consider themselves vulnerable to either/both the problems.

So, don't say anything about your roles and abilities and weaknesses but say..?  This is a problem I've yet to solve, and I usually end up giving (genuine/biased) assessments of everyone and then saying stupid stuff like "And, of course, there's me, and I'm claiming <foo>, but obviously you have no reason to believe me..."  (Regardless of which side of the divide I actually stand.)

You may have noticed this, already. ;)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 15, 2016, 08:21:12 am »

Also...
For those who haven't looked, the claim is he's Town Weakness, The Driver, everybody died if he gets killed.
I'm still a tad bit irritated that you read my hidden claim.
~~~
Well. There goes the town streak.
Although I should have expected that. For reasons.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 15, 2016, 08:24:19 am »

I don't see why :P you said you out it there, and it's information that will be used at some point. Why wait to get something from it? Why hide it at all if you're claiming?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 237