Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231923 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 7
« Reply #870 on: March 12, 2016, 03:14:05 pm »

Yeah...  not too sure Hitchhiker matches what I know.  Or maybe I just don't have the imagination of our Mod.  (Hmmm, yeah, it could work.  Ignoring some of the connotations.)

I think I'm minded to thinking that's a fake weakness for a real role. (Not necessarily scum! Could be legitimate camouflage!).  But that might just be me missing something.  What say you, @fallacy, @moonlit? Given Hector's already said something on the subject... not that I necessarily trust Hector yet, but if it's a fake point it's a logical fake point and I would admire that.

And I've was wondering the same as Fallacy.  Whatever insidious night-(s)kill the Scum has... No-one's saying anything, but does someone know?  Is it a recruitment?  (Are we to be hijacked by persuasion?)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 12, 2016, 03:20:45 pm »

@Starver:You say you have something that doesn't make sense with my role?  Huh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 12, 2016, 03:40:55 pm »

This round is roasting my brain.
But in a different way than normal.
~~~
How is it roasting my brain? A lack of information. Thus far, it just seems like a somewhat normal mafia game with travel-based flavor.
The only publicly known special thing that's happened so far: TBF's boarding the car.
~~~
Maybe we could try lynching somebody? The Moonlit Shadow, I found some of your behavior suspicious yesterday.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 12, 2016, 03:56:53 pm »

That's not very specific, Fallacy. What about Moonlit's behaviour is/was suspicious? Specifically what makes it so suspicious you're willing to lynch them. Also why do you think the rest of us shouldn't consider it an OMGUS? (Moonlit was voting you day end yesterday)

On another note, have you ever seen the film "The Hitcher", TBF? The old one, with Rutger Hauer. Good movie. Also, the hitchhiker is the murderer.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 12, 2016, 04:01:01 pm »

No I haven't.

Also, All: Why do you think the scum didn't nightkill?

I'm guessing it was to be able to cast suspicion on me, but that doesn't make sense given that I was in the game when night hit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 12, 2016, 04:04:52 pm »

Well the scum hasn't been able to NK (directly) in any round. I had probably the most direct kill in the first game, which I wasted trying to be funny.

Analyzing the NK in any game is a road to WIFOM, though. Only the scum know why they killed (or not) someone, and they're not going to tell us until it doesn't matter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 12, 2016, 04:50:18 pm »

That's not very specific, Fallacy. What about Moonlit's behaviour is/was suspicious? Specifically what makes it so suspicious you're willing to lynch them. Also why do you think the rest of us shouldn't consider it an OMGUS? (Moonlit was voting you day end yesterday)
Because I was voting Moonlit first.
For instance, The Moonlit Shadow, here's a pressure vote for you.
See here.

And because I believe the reason Moonlit was voting me was to cause a no lynch/prevent his own lynch.
And because Moonlit voted me for a ridiculous reason.
Saying that it was a pressure vote... not sure how much experience Fallacy has but he's not new.
That decides it. Such a newbie move from someone with at least a good bit of experience. Fallacy

So yeah. All of that.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 12, 2016, 09:33:10 pm »

You also discussed flavour. Bad Moonlit :P

The chances of you being scum 3 times in a row are 125-1. Not infinitesimal odds.

Not sure why you accept TBF's claim. As I said, it benefits whichever alignment he is to come in late, so I find it hard to accept it's a weakness. Not enough for me to think he's scum though.

Anticipating the question: town benefit as we may have mislynched D1, but we get a replacement when he comes in. Scum benefits from missing out on a potential lynch and only having to survive 2 days instead of 3. Why do you trust him so much?

Anyway, you assume the Evil role did things Ns 0 and 1. Could quite easily be that they didn't act. They just need to wait the phases out, after all. You also assume the Evil role can't hide from your claimed ability to some extent (1-shots and the like) so... yeah. Do you get told anything if a non-Evil role acts while you're watching them?

What do you think of FoU saying your reason for voting him yesterday was ridiculous?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 12, 2016, 09:42:29 pm »

Moonlit:Why do you say that?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 12, 2016, 09:43:52 pm »

If I was scum, why didn't anything happen last night?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 12, 2016, 09:51:12 pm »

Point, that, but why didn't anybody report any actions?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 12, 2016, 10:02:50 pm »

...Point.  We do seem to be a lot more paranoid now.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 12, 2016, 10:23:25 pm »

What do you think of FoU saying your reason for voting him yesterday was ridiculous?
I think you missed this question, Moonlit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:20 am »

Because I was voting Moonlit first.
For instance, The Moonlit Shadow, here's a pressure vote for you.
See here.

And because I believe the reason Moonlit was voting me was to cause a no lynch/prevent his own lynch.
And because Moonlit voted me for a ridiculous reason.
Saying that it was a pressure vote... not sure how much experience Fallacy has but he's not new.
That decides it. Such a newbie move from someone with at least a good bit of experience. Fallacy

So yeah. All of that.

Fire away, Moonlit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 13, 2016, 10:27:21 am »

I quoted his reason. He thinks you voting him for a "newbie mistake" while being experienced is ridiculous.

What do you think of that?

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 237