Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23107 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 7 (2/14)
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:46 pm »

He would look at the nurse like they were stupid.
"why would I head to the cafeteria if I wanted to escape? I would obviously head to the lab if I was going to do that. No, I am just trying to find someplace quiet and out of the way so I don't spread this any faster!"
(use a 6 on common sense explanation.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2016, 01:04:16 pm »

Edited!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:39:24 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2016, 02:22:39 pm »

Pick 20 using free pick, then combine y 14 and 6 for another 20. Mini-quest time.

Summon knight outside yacht to tear back into the ship. Arise! It's time we got out of here, I don't want to be alone.

You wish to summon the Other.

It doesn't work. Why? Well, your feet are metal. You seem to be attracted to the ship. Even your arms have gauntlets on them.

You'd be summoning yourself.

@LordPorkins
((Your penalty to Intent must be twice as much as your bonus. Just saying.

The defensive bonuses for the arm are unecessary. Damage is mostly contextual. So an attack that might cause bleeding to a regular arm might still ping off of the robot arm.
But. It seems that you picked far less skills than the default 20 points allowed. Was the intent to give the arm the points instead? If so, then I'd price flat defense increase at x2 cost, so you'd have +6 points from skills, +6 from Strength, +1 from dex, and then +4 from damage reduction. You're missing 3 points, but since half your bonuses are to your arm only I'd give you another free point at least.))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:33:17 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2016, 03:13:55 pm »

Wait, the categories are what you pick?? Oh damn then i gotta edit! Also, no idea how i swapped the positive/negative bonus
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:56 pm »

Wait, the categories are what you pick?? Oh damn then i gotta edit! Also, no idea how i swapped the positive/negative bonus

((You can put points into an individual skill. The categories are there if you want an all-around bonus to anything that can be related to that category.

There's no 'Piloting' category. There's Aircraft and Starships, which are both very different beasts altogether. It's in the combat section, but "maneuvers" would basically apply to any sort of generic flying if you just want to focus on getting around and not fighting.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2016, 05:12:06 pm »

Pretend to die. Once the guard's guard is down, use my 20 to ram him so hard that flies through the air so hard that he hits his buddy on the catwalk and both guards die instantly on impact.

Since I use my attack roll for both guards, they'll both have to roll against a 20.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2016, 12:23:51 am »

Forgive me, somehow 'your feet are covered in metal' did not translate into 'you are a badass knight' in my head.

Editing previous action.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2016, 11:39:24 pm »

Take the first 20 and turn it into a skill point, adding it to Charisma.

Question why Turaco just burst out of the chemical containment room.

"Oh, hello there Turaco. Fancy meeting you hear. But, um, just why did you just...burst out of Chem Storage? How did you even get in there?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2016, 01:28:14 pm »

Sorry! School is demanding a lot of time lately.

Waiting on inaluct.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »

"Eisenhower! I'm glad you made it. I was let into the chemical storage," Turaco says as he strides across the room, small tank hissing in his hand.

"Our belabcoated friend here directed me there, it's where they keep our personal effects. To study us, like animals. They're studying you, too. Once I was inside, he sealed the door and flooded the room with a tranquilizer. It was a good plan, really. Too bad he didn't count on me coming back to return the favor!"

Violaceous Turaco lunges at the scientist and grabs him, putting him in a choke hold and holding the open tank of nitrous oxide in front of his face until he seems calm.

2 4 14 12 11 4 Combining these.

I suppose I could just choke him out, but trying to incapacitate him with nitrous oxide is so much more dramatic and poetically justified that it's practically the only option.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

Turn 8

Pretend to die. Once the guard's guard is down, use my 20 to ram him so hard that flies through the air so hard that he hits his buddy on the catwalk and both guards die instantly on impact.

Since I use my attack roll for both guards, they'll both have to roll against a 20.

[All-Out Assault: 20] You perform a lightning kick from a prone position as the guard lets his... guard down. (Defense: 2) He goes flying, and you hear him hit his head on something loud and metal. Looking back, it's a janitor's soap-bin, left sitting out around the corner.

...The corpse then starts accelerating. Toward the catwalk. This wasn't in the script.

The catwalk guard, completely unsuspecting, is hit in the back and dragged along with the accelerating corpse to a place beyond the cell block. You can't see them unless you follow them, but you assume falling from that catwalk hurt. A lot.

You stand covered in blood, your fingers on one hand ruined. Around you are the writing bodies of twenty-some prisoners, surrounded by the screams of even more prisoners suffering in their cages due to the spores.
The body count: Four men killed, three by electric shock to the face, one by nothing short of pulverization. IOther casualties: Two incapacitated by taser, two missing, presumed crippled.

The rifles are on the other side of the cell block, if you dare to look. You can still wield a rifle you hope, even with the messed up right hand, so long as you just brace the weapon with your hand. Your accuracy will suffer by 4, though. It will hurt your accuracy a bit with pistols two since you can't get a proper two-handed grip (only a -1).
[Bleeding: 15] The bleeding slows down, and eventually fades. The wound is still there, but you won't have to worry about it worsening on its own.

Dice queue (You have 0x 20's, 2 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Pick 20 using free pick, then combine y 14 and 6 for another 20. Mini-quest time.

Summon knight outside yacht to tear back into the ship. Arise! It's time we got out of here, I don't want to be alone.

Tear into the ship. The bonds of the flesh are severed! Drawn near spirit! Let us witness your distant grace!

[20] You draw your sword, Duskadder, and wield it with a profound sense of honor, and a duty... to escape.
Hacking away at the pristine surface of the vessel, you notice that the sword creates sparks upon hitting it, scalding the special space-paint but leaving no lasting impression on the armor. The surface is nearly impenetrable. This is strange, for yachts are never armored.

And then you hear a voice from behind. It is a telepathic one, but you can hear breathing normally. Space is now full of air, whatever the cause. Maybe it's the stupid nebulas.

A child approaches you. He is of very short stature, his years clearly numbering less than a baker's dozen, but perhaps more than a dozen. You are sure of this.
His robes are of three colors. The outer ones are of jet black, studded with fist-sized gold plates at the hem, etched with iridescent patterns of rising dragons, birthing phoenix, and the formation and deaths of stars in patterns across the back and sides.
The next layer is colored like yellow alabaster. Only a strip is visible around the hem, but the edges are frilled and mostly hide the inner layer, one of snow white, which can be seen under, joined somewhere other than the front.

In his hands he holds a star-sword. You're sure it's not a regular sword. He speaks in the language of ancient templars, muttering something about the transience of the glory of the world before challenging you to a duel and extending his weapon edge on.
Star-Child: You whose soul speaks no words. You have disgraced the vessel which has carried me since birth: for this I cannot allow you to walk away without the blood of one of us being shed.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 20 11 13
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))
Astral Combat: Win the duel (Reward: Your knight grows in strength. +2 Strength in the knightly form.)

Take the first 20 and turn it into a skill point, adding it to Charisma.

Question why Turaco just burst out of the chemical containment room.

"Oh, hello there Turaco. Fancy meeting you hear. But, um, just why did you just...burst out of Chem Storage? How did you even get in there?"

It so happens that you are now better at getting on the good side of people. Hopefully the scientist will forgive you for just letting him get floored right in front of you.
[Charisma: 17+1] He raises a single thumb on his free hand as he flies. You're sure that was intentional.

(I'm going to roll independently most of the time for actions that happen without your consent.)

Dice queue (2 free picks): 12 10 20 14 18

"Eisenhower! I'm glad you made it. I was let into the chemical storage," Turaco says as he strides across the room, small tank hissing in his hand.

"Our belabcoated friend here directed me there, it's where they keep our personal effects. To study us, like animals. They're studying you, too. Once I was inside, he sealed the door and flooded the room with a tranquilizer. It was a good plan, really. Too bad he didn't count on me coming back to return the favor!"

Violaceous Turaco lunges at the scientist and grabs him, putting him in a choke hold and holding the open tank of nitrous oxide in front of his face until he seems calm.

2 4 14 12 11 4 Combining these.

I suppose I could just choke him out, but trying to incapacitate him with nitrous oxide is so much more dramatic and poetically justified that it's practically the only option.

[Combat, Wrestling: 4+4+1+3(cloak-approved)] The nitrous oxide works to subdue him. He doesn't go unconscious, but he stops struggling.

Over in the distance, you see the clerk leaving the computer station and tiptoeing over in the direction of the hazardous materials door.
Scientist: I... uh... didn't trust you. But right now there's... something more pressing.

The intercom blares: LAB TEAM A, PLEASE VERIFY PRISONER 1'S STIMULANTS ARE PROPERLY ADMINISTERED. THIS IS AN ORDER.
Scientist: Yeah... that's not going to work anymore.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 16 12 11 4
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

He would look at the nurse like they were stupid.
"why would I head to the cafeteria if I wanted to escape? I would obviously head to the lab if I was going to do that. No, I am just trying to find someplace quiet and out of the way so I don't spread this any faster!"
(use a 6 on common sense explanation.)

[Persuade: 6+1] Nurse: Well you're right about that, but the lab is... uh, never mind.

She turns around and starts examining one of the choking and prone prisoners, and then the guards, some of which seem to have been shot by laser weapons. She sees the fight between Arthur and the guard, and decides to retreat to the clinic without ordering you back inside, perhaps because she saw the pistol wounds.

Pretty much everyone around you is choking, unconscious, or dead. You're free to go wherever.

Dice queue (2 free picks): 3 15 19 6 2 1 15 20

Arthur:Look at the dice again.  That's really odd.  Other than that, inspect the surroundings and rest.

Er, by the way, how is the spaceship not currently venting its atmosphere, again?

A spray would be visible if the ship were venting its atmosphere. But you answer your own question when you instinctively exhale, having too much carbon in your lungs, and then effortlessly take in another breath.
There's air! In space!

One of the dice has stopped being red.

Looking around you, you notice that the ground you are on belongs to a small planetoid, visibly curved at the horizon. It's much like a comet, but being made of rock it isn't evaporating in the slight-above-room-temperature space air.
The burning bush calms down. Its remains look like glass, perfectly clear and transparent. It looks like it's flickering faintly, sending pulses of light down its branches or back up.

The mist from the burning bush, and the smoke that still slowly rises from the chars seems to be drifting to one side. Watching it more closely, there seems to be a ring-shaped trail in the sky, extending to the point where it's invisible.

This rock is also spinning at about... half a degree per second, you calculate using the nebulosities in the sky.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [10] [2]

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:27:54 am by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 8 (2/20)
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:46 pm »

"Whuh...Huh?"
Wipe perspiration from my face with the Magic Space Towel, then sit patiently and wait for things to happen.
"Well.  I'll just wait here.  Space comet..."
Look at all the dice.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:56:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »

Loot both of the needle guns and all of the needlegun ammo from the guards (kill them if they are still alive). Put on their body armor wherever I can make it fit (the torso parts can probably fit around my limbs, for example). Search for a medkit and use it to heal my hand if I find it. Return to the prisoners, who should be about to recover right around now.

"Follow me if you wish to be free."

Head to the lab, shooting anything that isn't a prisoner on my way there.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »

((I would like to have Ardan appear soon, but I don't wanna be rude. Cue me in to when I should appear))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2016, 07:04:27 pm »

Think about a plan of action that will save these people's lives from bleeding out/being poisoned or diseased, and possibly revive the people who died with the power of 20.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:11:35 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16