Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23025 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 9 (2/25)
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2016, 03:08:12 pm »

Use my highest roll to catch the two rifles that the other Arthur threw in my direction. Combine my lowest roll with my median roll, but don't use the result yet. Cut a swath of death towards my altar, sacrificing whatever I kill to it as soon as I get in range of it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2016, 04:02:12 pm »

Reenter the prison ship without drawing attention.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2016, 02:58:05 am »

Finals are in a couple of weeks. Bear with me, I'll have more free time afterward. >.<

Turn 10

Use my highest roll to catch the two rifles that the other Arthur threw in my direction. Combine my lowest roll with my median roll, but don't use the result yet. Cut a swath of death towards my altar, sacrificing whatever I kill to it as soon as I get in range of it.

((I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.))

[17] You notice a rifle coming back up through the hole, following a curving path. It bounces a few times on the wall and comes to a rest on the floor. A second rifle arrives soon after. Convenient.

Now that the cafeteria is unguarded, you waltz through. It looks deserted. The empty tables are there, but there are no trays. The lunch servers are all gone, and the only sound is that of the ventilation system. And a faint footstep from the hall. Actually, it's a lot of footsteps...

[13] You set up a firing position, using multiple tables as a shield to block taser fire (+3 defense vs. non-penetrating projectiles). Fortunately, when the guards arrive they are armed with nothing but Rancor tasers. So you open fire, [16-4, 16-4, 13-4] The guards are at mid-range, so you manage to hit all of them as they pour through, but one of them gets a shot off.
(Attack - Cover Bonus: 10-3) The shot scorches the table, but misses your head. You smell burning plastic.

(Defense: 3, 5, 18) Most of the guards are hit along the chest area, immediately dropping, including the one who shot at you. However, instead of pouring in one by one, they stop coming in, and you can still hear footsteps as they reorganize. Finally, one guard with a riot shield pops out. Your shots can't break the barrier.
(Riot shield cover bonus: 3)

A fellow prisoner takes cover behind you. He's the guy in the biohazard suit.

Dice queue (You have 1x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Reenter the prison ship without drawing attention.

You find airlocks, but none of them open, not even as you strike them with your sword. But as you creep over the edge of the ship, you notice a black orb in the distance, and in the center many bands of clouds. It seems that, in this space of purple nebulosities and glowing space-clouds, there exist dark spheres with stars in their centers. And planets, apparently.

Most of these orbs are very small and difficult to resolve, and are mostly visible against purple nebulosities where you are able to see them clearly. Also, there is a concentrated band of them against the sky, almost like the river of the milky way except black on light instead of light on black.
There are three that are very close: One black orb containing this system's sun. Then there are two smaller orbs, one further than the other. There are planets inside, as if they are trapped in bubbles of darkness. These two planets are both large gas giants, known in this system as Aton and Diana. Aton is snow-white and bears two massive storms easily seen from this distance, while Diana is a jupiter-like world, with many colorful cloud bands but no major cyclones.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 1 3 5
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice two more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

The scientist talks to Turaco (see below).

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 14 18

"I haven't killed anybody, and I don't plan to. I'd really appreciate your help getting out of here." Turaco hesitates for a second. "If the jailbreak is that bad, though, and this many people are dying, I think I'd rather stay and help. I've never been one to just run away and hide while other people die."

Scientist: Well, I trust that our guards will wrap this up nonviolently. They're not bad people. Most of us aren't here because we have some sort of control fetish. Well, maybe except that one guy...

The clerk stops at the storage room door.

Clerk: You did that with your hands? Doc, are you sure you're not being a little soft?
Scientist: I know each and every one of the artifact users on this ship. You should know that, Val. Now, since I'm nobody's enemy here, can you get off me?
That last comment was directed at you.
Scientist: I can show you the escape hatch in the lab, which actually leads to the main hallway, the one that wraps around the elevator. Once the guards go through you can probably get to--err, are there any ships docked?
Clerk: There's one. It's the director's private yacht.
Scientist: Ah, that bastard. Do me a favor and steal his ship for me.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 16 12 11 4
Miniquests:

Without anything else I can do to help them, I set off for the lab and enter it; looking for the orb. Of course since there are bound to be guards there, I prepare to talk them down(using a 15)

You walk through the cafeteria. You notice a mushroom-man pulling tables together in preparation for something. Then you hear the footsteps coming. A wise plan indeed.
The mushroom man seems to be missing the fingers on his right hand, and is holding one rifle, but there's another rifle on the floor. It looks like it's loaded. Maybe if you just--

The guards storm through. The mushroom opens fire and suppresses them, as you can guess from the lack of counter-fire. You were forced to take cover next to the mushroom to avoid being shot, but now you can see that one is moving up with a single riot shield.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 3 15 19 6 2 1 15 20

You toss up the rifles, intending to throw them far and off the asteroid. They don't follow the path you thought they would, though. They curve a bit and then start falling back toward the ship. But then why did they fall orig--

Right. Centrifugal force. The ship is a centrifuge. Initial velocity brought you here to this asteroid.

It seems you have a great *ahem* spatial awareness.

Ah.
If they are injured, just...Staunch any bleeding.[/b]

The guards are miraculously unhurt. Just like you.

One of them is a woman, but her voice sounds rather masculine. She is the one who patrols the catwalk most of the time.
Catwalk Guard: Ow... This is...?
Cafeteria Guard: (expletives in the Centauri dialect referencing sexual congress)
Catwalk Guard: Huh? You mean we're...?
Cafeteria Guard: Its that dimension they talked about. We have to get back to the ship or we'll be stuck here.

The male guard looks at you. The other guard looks a little embarrassed. She is the one who shot at you.
Cafeteria Guard: You. You are... Arthur Denton, correct?

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [10] [2]

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:00:34 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 10 (Mar 2)
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2016, 05:29:44 am »

"Er, yes?  Arthur Denton Prefect...

What's going on?"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:26:25 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2016, 12:36:05 pm »

Pick up the other rifle, and hold it under my arm. Is the riot shield metallic? If so, taser the riot shield, electrocuting the guard holding it. Continue my massacre.

"Hello, plaguebearer. Do you wish to join my crusade?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »

"No thank you, If I could have my way I would not be here right now!"
try to find someplace to hide before a stray shot pierces my suit. the last thing I need is every superbug in my suit flooding the room after pressure equalizes.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2016, 02:01:25 pm »

Pick up the other rifle, and hold it under my arm. Is the riot shield metallic? If so, taser the riot shield, electrocuting the guard holding it. Continue my massacre.

"Hello, plaguebearer. Do you wish to join my crusade?"

The electrolaser pistol won't electrocute the guard through the riot shield. It's too thick.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:19:09 am by _DivideByZero_ »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2016, 11:25:53 pm »

Ahhh... Well. The queue system finally fucked me over after I exploited the hell out of it.

Stomp around angrily.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2016, 02:24:00 am »

"Er, yes?  Arthur Denton Prefect...

What's going on?"

Catwalk Guard: You know him?
Cafeteria Guard: ...yeah. He's the one with the, erm, the cloak that diverts bullets, right?
Catwalk Guard: He's holding a towel.
Cafeteria Guard: Right... well, anyway, I do suppose it's our job to get him back to the ship with us, eh?
He extends his arm.
Cafeteria Guard: I'm Max. Max Knight. We're in the same boat, right? Anyway, you must have something up your sleeve, right? I'd be glad to hear.
Reluctantly, the other guard agrees and introduces herself as Eliza. Elizabeth Chance.

Eliza: Where are our guns?

Ahhh... Well. The queue system finally fucked me over after I exploited the hell out of it.

Stomp around angrily.

The vessel shakes in protest. You shake with it though, it feels almost as if the whole dimension is shaking.

Dice Queue: 3 5 [?]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:29:21 am by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2016, 11:10:57 am »

"Nice to meet you, Max, Eliza.  I hope, at least."

Handshake.

Artifact:
"If I have a bullet-deflecting cloak that's news to me..."

Guns:
"I kind of threw them away so you wouldn't, y'know, shoot me?  Sorry, but, y'know.  Being shot at, not fun."

Plan:
"I have no idea what's going on...Sorry to disappoint...  Uh...Hm...Uh...Maybe if we jumped?  I don't think the gravity goes very far.  But, uh, I'd honestly rather stay put...It's nice here...

Uh...I guess I really don't have a say in the matter, do I...

And I think something weird's happening...So I really probably don't actually want to stay here anyway...

Oh well..."

Was there some kind of glowy thing?  Head over to that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:34:32 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2016, 03:42:40 pm »

Pick up a nearby, large object and throw it at the riot shield guard. Shoot him while he's disoriented, then loot his shield and needlegun ammo (if he has any) and continue my rampage.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2016, 12:35:21 am »

What a strange sky. It is though the heavens inverted.

Add my [?] to my 3.

Enter yacht, put on space suit/close doors and pressurize interior. Then exit knight form and search for communication systems.

I read some manuals on a police ship once, I think I know how this thing works...

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2016, 10:42:39 am »

((I was under the impression that there was space for me, but if not then just PM me when there is.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2016, 05:06:57 am »

Turn 11

Pick up a nearby, large object and throw it at the riot shield guard. Shoot him while he's disoriented, then loot his shield and needlegun ammo (if he has any) and continue my rampage.

[9] You push the table you're hiding behind toward the shield guard. It slides across and forces him to use his shield to push it away, allowing you to [Attack: 11] shoot him in the arm. (Defense: 14) He drops the shield and gets on the ground.

However, taser-armed guards try to cover him. White-hot beams of plasma sail over your head and spark against the metal wall to your rear--it's electrolaser fire. They're not armed with rifles. If you poke your head out to shoot them, they'll all get to fire at you.

On the plus side, there's still plenty of cover. You're still safe for now.

Dice queue (You have 1x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

What a strange sky. It is though the heavens inverted.

Add my [?] to my 3.

Enter yacht, put on space suit/close doors and pressurize interior. Then exit knight form and search for communication systems.

I read some manuals on a police ship once, I think I know how this thing works...

Your [?] turned out to be a 15. However according to the law of conservation of randomness, this particular die being collapsed must result in a new random die appearing elsewhere.

...exit knight form? That'd be quite a feat. You haven't been able to sleep in... how long exactly? Your mental composure is too much in shambles to get remotely that far.

[18] After some time, you manage to force one of the airlocks open. It looks like an emergency airlock, with a locked interior but an auto-pressurizing interior. Perhaps to maintain security while providing for the possibility of a disaster.
You try to enter passcodes on the keypad. It buzzes at you and locks you out. After some tries it actually opens up the outer door to try to eject you into space, but it seems that decompression is much weaker than it's usually portrayed. It doesn't even move you.

However, the stars align (literally) and the sun passes overhead, along with a short glimpse of the planet Skanderford within the boundary of the circle around the sun.
The light on the door lock disappears, and the inner door unlocks. You make it inside, but none of the spacesuits fit you.

The interior of the yacht is certainly well-kept. The lights follow you as you walk the halls, and the statues and paintings on the walls seem to track your movement with their eyes. You're familiar with those sorts of electronics--the ridiculously expensive, space-proof kind worth more than your life.
You find what looks like a gramophone, but having a mechanical dial and a small mouthpiece clipped to the side. A lever labelled "CALL" hangs off the side, asking to be pressed.

Dice queue (2 free picks): 5 7
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice two more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Eh?

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 14 18

Eh.

So the yacht. It's in the zero-g section of the ship, along the axis. There is an elevator and a ladder leading up to it (gravity points outward). It will become easier to climb as you make your way to the center.
There are guards outside, and you can hear some gunshots reverbing through the thin wall plates.

The footsteps are mostly past, though, so you might be able to walk through without running into anyone. Who knows. (It'll be a luck roll)

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 16 12 11 4
Miniquests:

"No thank you, If I could have my way I would not be here right now!"
try to find someplace to hide before a stray shot pierces my suit. the last thing I need is every superbug in my suit flooding the room after pressure equalizes.

[3] A stray shot pierces your suit.

[17] The results aren't quite as catastrophic as expected. A rare (in other locales, at least) fungus that reacts to clean air responds immediately by jumpstarting explosive spore growth. The spores immediately, using sustenence from your flesh, begin to surge out of the hole. But as soon as they start, they overcrowd the opening and solidify, forming a solid plug.

It actually took a toll on your body, so until you can surgically remove the growth pinning you onto the inside of your suit it will continue to drain your stamina.
(-1 Strength)

Dice queue (3 free picks): 15 19 6 2 1 15 20 [?]

"Nice to meet you, Max, Eliza.  I hope, at least."

Handshake.

Artifact:
"If I have a bullet-deflecting clock that's news to me..."

Guns:
"I kind of threw them away so you wouldn't, y'know, shoot me?  Sorry, but, y'know.  Being shot at, not fun."

Plan:
"I have no idea what's going on...Sorry to disappoint...  Uh...Hm...Uh...Maybe if we jumped?  I don't think the gravity goes very far.  But, uh, I'd honestly rather stay put...It's nice here...

Uh...I guess I really don't have a say in the matter, do I...

And I think something weird's happening...So I really probably don't actually want to stay here anyway...

Oh well..."

Was there some kind of glowy thing?  Head over to that.

He smiles.
Max: In actuality, you're the one prisoner we were assigned not to shoot. The higherups said you were totally harmless.
Eliza glances off to the side.

Max: I don't think we can just jump off. The gravity feels a bit too heavy for that.
He's right. You are able to walk just fine. In fact the gravity is not all that much lower than the ship's. You can hardly jump a meter, let alone hundreds.

That glowy thing was the crystalline bush you saw before.

(8) Max seems oblivious. (17) Eliza, on the other hand,
Eliza: That looks like something from dreamspace. The ship's been here a couple of times before.
Max: Ah, something to do with that padded suit guy? Ray, if I remember correctly...?
Eliza: We were told that anything can happen when Ray is sleeping. So this probably happened as a result of anything happening.
Max: Right. Do you think we can use it to get back to the ship?

Eliza apparently chuckles, although her actual expression is somewhere between a patronizing grin and a look of disappointment.
Eliza: I'm afraid my knowledge doesn't extend that far.

The bush continues flashing. It flashes more with each word spoken, such that it almost seems that the bush is listening in on your conversation.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [10] [2]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 11 (Mar 7)
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2016, 05:32:11 am »

"Oh, good...

That's weird...The glowy bush looks like it's listening to us."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16