Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23093 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 5 (2/8)
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

((Midterms + four badly timed assignments due. Please stand by.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2016, 09:37:59 pm »

((Oof.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:13 pm »

On the other hand, poking me is a great way for me to be masochistic and actually put some effort into rolling. So...

Turn 6

Wait, scrap my last action. I have a better idea.

Point at something behind the guards.

"What's that?!"

Repeatedly dual-taser the bridge. If the Bluff roll to distract the guards is going to be hard, use ky highest roll on it.

This counts as a sneak attack, right?

((Ah, the joys of being a diplomancer/bluffmancer))

[Persuade: 19+10] [d6: 1] You point at something near the back of the
Cellblock Guard: Hey, you!
You hear him shout in the opposite direction. So in fact it does seem like there was someone there.

Unfortunately, that did not distract the guard coming at you from the cafeteria who, like yourself, cannot see what's on the other side of the cell block and in the laundry section.

As you scramble around on the ground to pick up a second taser, (Attack + Close Quarters: 9+2) You receive a sharp blow to the shoulder. (Defense: 2) The blow knocks both weapons out of your hands and knocks you to the ground. Your fungal eyes are starting to adjust, but the best you can see of your assailant is a dark silhouette, apparently very angry, visibly shaking and sounding very, very distressed. (Critical: 10) Your vision is somewhat impaired.
Cafeteria Guard: Do you have ANY idea who you just killed? You're a worthless piece of scum, you know that?

You are Knocked Down (Your opponent will attack first, you have no bonuses to combat next round from your skills)

Dice queue (You have 0x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Nightstalker: Slay/incapacitate both riflemen using stealth attacks (Reward: Defense rolls for alerted enemies are now worst-case.)
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

What? Isn't he a prisoner?

Raioyris expresses concern watching Turaco hull around tanks of gas. Convince lab personnel to stop Turaco. "What is he doing with those?"

Nitrous oxide? Raioyris reads a label on the tanks. Laughing gas? Is he going to put that in the ventilation system?

I guess I should be more demanding, I mean I am an escaped prisoner.Intimidate lab personnel. "Hey! Listen up.... I'm going to... Erh..." I think I need some practice...

Look for artifacts unaffiliated with current characters and consume them, ask if there is if necessary.

Find out where docked ships are, and find a mask capable of filtering gasses, asking lab personnel if nessary.

[Intimidation: 1] [d6: 1] Yeah, it's not gonna work.

While you attempt to threaten the scientist in the middle of his conversation with the well-kempt (despite prison life) Eisenhower, the clerk beats you in the head with an incandescent lamp. You pass out.

You wake up somewhere else, somewhere not inside the ship actually. You stand on the prow of a starship, one with three habitat sections on a centrifuge, held together by scaffolds and tension-line. You are not on this centrifuge, but the vessel is spinning, and there is a faint upward gravity. Somehow though, you are not flung out into space.
There is a shuttle moored and tethered into place. It looks more like a yacht, actually. She is a small vessel, one you would expect to go out in for a trip to the Rings of Olympus.

It would seem that your feet are covered in something metal. And your feet seem attached to the ground. Not by their own magnetism, that is, but rather you are held in place by some force from within the ship's nose-section itself.

The starscape has turned into exactly what you saw in your file: ridiculous purple nebulas spinning all around you. The sun is surrounded by a black bubble which extends out far beyond its corona. It seems much closer than it was before.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 15 16 4 14 6
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Ask the Scientist and/or clerk About Dr. Hans and the location of the office, and about the hazmat scientist.

"So, the science crew support me, eh? That is encouraging to hear. Why, though? Who is that hazmat scientist anyway, that she would support my release? Is she the 'Dr. Hans?' in the terminal?"

Scientist: We're not police. We're not government officials. All we do here is study those like you. You who command artifacts. They're rather rare, actually. It's funny how this ship is pegged as a place where the biggest threats go. It's actually where all the interesting ones go.
Scientist: And yes, that was Dr. Hans. Her office is in the room back there. Also you can--HEY!

The clerk just knocked Raioyris out with a metal lamp from the corner of the room.
Clerk: What? ...he wasn't looking. I thought that if this was going to be one of those 'Fool, you cannot surprise me' moments he would at least have the decency not to murder us all.
Scientist: That's not the problem. The problem is...

The clerk looks at Raioyris' unconscious body, and screams a lot like she did before when she first saw the pictures in his file.

...the body isn't there.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 20 14

Violaceous Turaco needs to act quickly and decisively. He gathers up a pair of gloves, the largest wrench he can find, and the largest number of tanks of nitrous oxide he can carry, regardless of size. Four very small tanks would be better than one large one.

So armed, Violaceous Turaco dons his breathing apparatus, approaches the locker, and uses the wrench to break the lock, jamming it between the door and the frame of the locker and leveraging it open.

[Observation: 7] You grab a small tank of nitrous oxide, about as large as your palm. The others are chained together on a pallet and will be hard to remove.

[Close Quarters Combat: 7+4] The wrench pounds through the locker itself, so there is no need to futily strike at the reinforced lock itself. Locks these days are often more durable than the containers they keep shut.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 16 10 2 4 14 12
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

"There were at least three who were showing symptoms of something, but at the same time, they were in combat with that fungal creature. The seal on my air tank was corroded, and vented a yellowish cloud of unknown composition into the air."
He would start to head back to the scene with the nurse, unless ordered otherwise by them.

The nurse accompanies you to the darkened hallway. The nurse thinks quickly and turns on her suit's lights, illuminating scores of itching and writing prisoners on the floor, accompanied by a few guards. Back at the mouth of the hallway, you see a guard in black gear and a rifle slung over his shoulder kicking one of the prisoners while he's down.
Nurse: My God...

Dice queue (2 free picks): 3 6 15 19 6 2 1

Arthur:Oh geez.  Keep hold of the dice...

Towel:This is a good time for the cell we're in to develop a hole in the floor, huh?  Certainly no-one would expect that.  Except maybe Arthur, and he doesn't really count.

The guard from the catwalk at long range sees you, apparently with night vision goggles. You see a laser line waltzing over the ground in front of you.
Catwalk Guard: I said stop!
[Random: 10+3] He fires at you, cutting a neat ring of holes in the floor below you. As this was a cargo container, its thickness is only about an inch or so. You do wonder why they're using armor-piercing rounds in their rifles anyway, and not stun-rounds or the like.
No matter the cause, you feel the floor beneath you collapse and you fall down below...

You see the prison ship falling away above you, shrinking to a dot in the dark abyss of space. The massive, scorching sun in the background burns your pupils with her unfiltered orange glare.
You feel a chill on your shoulders as your body heat radiates away. You won't have long before your tears and sweat evaporate, flash-freezing the skin and giving you a nasty frostbite in the moments preceding your death.
Humans adapted long ago to the conditions of a vacuum, so at least your lungs don't explode. It still feels rather painful though, having your insides pushing up against the valves in your throat with the whole pressure of an atmosphere inside.

The clock ticks...

Death doesn't come...

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [20] [10]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 6 (2/10)
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2016, 10:46:07 pm »

Oh carp...

Uh...That's not good at all.

Wait!

Stick the red dice in your pockets for heat!  Yes!  This is totally not a crazy idea!  Then, hope for a miracle!  Or that this was a dream sequence!  It must have been!

MST: Fix this problem.  Use 20, teleport Arthur to somewhere safer.  Possibly wherever Raioyris is.

Then, Arthur:Remove dice from pocket AAAGH YOU IDIOT.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:16:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2016, 11:27:58 pm »

"Oh dear, people are dying already. Please tell me you have a plan of action... if not, can I go hide somewhere quiet, please?"
If the nurse had a plan of action, he would try to assist as best he can. otherwise, he would go looking for a place to stay low and out of the way, in case he was still contagious.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:39:52 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2016, 04:33:57 pm »

Add my 16 to my 4

Raioyris pauses to stare into space. Time and space don't make sense. Time and space never made sense. I am but a name and this flesh is tomb of my spirit.

Enter the yachtish ship sneakily.

If I have to make a second roll this turn use my free pic to select the 20.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:39:21 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2016, 08:06:51 pm »

"It took you that long to realize that?"

Pocket sand him. Spray spores in the guard's eyes (so that this next attack will count as a sneak attack)then leap up and tackle him to the ground. Kill him, and shoot the other guard with his gun (the other guard is facing away from me because he shot at the other Arthur, right?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2016, 08:07:11 pm »

((Waiting on the future tank commander and the cowboy.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »

Ask the people about Rayoris disappearance, Dr. Hans' room, and Turaco's location.

"Um, that... is not normal. Did his artifact have anything to do with that? Just what happens in this place?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:15 pm »

Turaco pushes aside the remnants of the locker door and looks inside. This is it.

If these are actually his things, he takes and wears them. Fingers crossed that his 7mm depleted uranium automatic handcannons are here, useless as they would be on a spaceship.

If these are not his things and are actually something unfamiliar, he examines them carefully.

If they're his and he gets successfully geared up, it's time to break open the door leading out of the hazmat room, use the wrench to open the valve on the nitrous oxide tank to full blast, and grab the scientist who sent him into the hazmat lab and hold the open tank in front of his face to nonlethally subdue him.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »

Sorry for the delays. This roll isn't much bigger than the usual one.

Turn 7

"It took you that long to realize that?"

Pocket sand him. Spray spores in the guard's eyes (so that this next attack will count as a sneak attack)then leap up and tackle him to the ground. Kill him, and shoot the other guard with his gun (the other guard is facing away from me because he shot at the other Arthur, right?).

[Spores: 6] Your concentrated spores should have gotten into his eyes easily. However, for some reason he is still aiming his attacks perfectly in total darkness. Eh.

(Attack: 19) The guard realizes that your body is actually rather squishy, and by stomping on you he is able to make a squishy, fragrant paste. He proceeds to do so, and in the process (Defend: 15) you lose a couple of fingers, though they'll regrow in due time. (You now got a 20). You are wrestled, so you get a -4.
[Attack: 2-10-4] [d6: 6] You flail around ineffectually. Unfortunately the guard doesn't seem to be letting up.

(Bleed: 4) Your wounds from before worsen, making it harder for you to move around.

-4 to wrestling next turn.

Dice queue (You have 1x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Nightstalker: Slay/incapacitate both riflemen using stealth attacks (Reward: Defense rolls for alerted enemies are now worst-case.)
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Add my 16 to my 4

Raioyris pauses to stare into space. Time and space don't make sense. Time and space never made sense. I am but a name and this flesh is tomb of my spirit.

Enter the yachtish ship sneakily.

If I have to make a second roll this turn use my free pic to select the 20.

[Observation: 15] The vessel is a Hartford 64 called Plymouth, a ship with a sleek organic fuselage and a trefoil of extendable masts ostensibly used to mount solar sails in cases of emergency, but in practice are there for looks more than anything else.

There are no doors on the outside, aside from an airlock operated by valves. Said valves have been left conveniently unlocked for you to manipulate, allowing you to get inside and take forcible control.
The one issue: The gravity in the yacht is completely off. You find yourself attracted to the ceiling towards the yacht's nose, which is also the direction of the prison ship itself.

All the furniture is bolted to the floor, so no problems there. But using most of the items might be hard.

Dice queue (2 free picks): 20 14 6 11
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Ask the people about Rayoris disappearance, Dr. Hans' room, and Turaco's location.

"Um, that... is not normal. Did his artifact have anything to do with that? Just what happens in this place?"

There is a light pounding against the door to the chemical storage.

Scientist: His artifact? ha ha.
The scientist fixes his glasses...
Scientist: He is the artifact...

Scientist: And in fact, that's what happens whenever he goes unconscious. That knight you saw pictures of? That's what he is now. He took its place.
You, sir, are standing inside a living laboratory. Ever wondered why there are so few prisoners here? Why the guard is so relaxed? The primary purpose of this ship isn't to contain threats. It is to study artifacts. And the most curious, and perhaps dangerous artifact on board, is the one called Raioyris. His knight can be anywhere, anytime. And we are at its mercy.
That, sir Einsenhower, is why he is kept aboard a spacecraft, far from the populace where he is unable to escape without assistance, or injure the general populace.

Suddenly, Turaco breaks through the chemical storage door, wielding a tank of nitrous oxide along with a pair of 7mm automatic hand-cannons, Oxford make, one plated silver and the other a jet black (though it may be able to change color, as do most showmen's weapons).

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 20 14

Turaco pushes aside the remnants of the locker door and looks inside. This is it.

If these are actually his things, he takes and wears them. Fingers crossed that his 7mm depleted uranium automatic handcannons are here, useless as they would be on a spaceship.

If these are not his things and are actually something unfamiliar, he examines them carefully.

If they're his and he gets successfully geared up, it's time to break open the door leading out of the hazmat room, use the wrench to open the valve on the nitrous oxide tank to full blast, and grab the scientist who sent him into the hazmat lab and hold the open tank in front of his face to nonlethally subdue him.

The clothing is an unmistakable vermillion. It is indeed yours.
[16] And the pistols are there! (Dramatic: 11+3) But it seems that the bullets are elsewhere. Unarmed, you will have to use your wits to get past the remaining guards.
Attached to one of the guns is a note: "Please do not separate these pistols from the cape. It will kill you if you do. -Dr. Gears"

[Combat: 10+5] (Defense: 4) The bulkhead is a thin one, meant to mitigate chemical explosions, not to stop invaders. After you give it quite the pounding, it falls loose from its hinges, allowing you to dash through the door with the NOX tanks.
It seems, however, that the scientist is in contact with one of your coprisoners, Eisenhower.

(Note that artifacts, if they perform an action of their own accord, won't use your dice queue. You can still use your queue to select which die the artifact uses, though.)

Dice queue (2 free picks): 2 4 14 12 11 4
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

"Oh dear, people are dying already. Please tell me you have a plan of action... if not, can I go hide somewhere quiet, please?"
If the nurse had a plan of action, he would try to assist as best he can. otherwise, he would go looking for a place to stay low and out of the way, in case he was still contagious.

Nurse: I... I think we need more people...

The nurse rushes back into the infirmary. You hear a sound over the infirmary.
NURSE: NEED ASSISTANCE ON HABITAT 3, BOTH GUARDS AND MEDICS, PLEASE.

She walks out, but by this time you retreated into the cafeteria.
[Stealth: 3] Nurse: What are you doing? Are you trying to get away!

She can tell you are a prisoner by the markings they put on your suit.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 3 6 15 19 6 2 1 15

Oh carp...

Uh...That's not good at all.

Wait!

Stick the red dice in your pockets for heat!  Yes!  This is totally not a crazy idea!  Then, hope for a miracle!  Or that this was a dream sequence!  It must have been!

MST: Fix this problem.  Use 20, teleport Arthur to somewhere safer.  Possibly wherever Raioyris is.

Then, Arthur:Remove dice from pocket AAAGH YOU IDIOT.

The dice don't give off any heat. Perhaps they only gave off heat when they became red.
[20] The towel takes no orders! The dream is real!

You fall back-first onto a dirt surface. Looking around, you see rocky crags and spires sticking up out of a mostly barren plain. A single, burning bush stands before you, surrounded in an ominous fog of smoke and mist gently rising up toward the.. space?
You try to get up. Your back stings, but somehow you didn't break any bones.

-3 mobility until your next series of combat rolls ends.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [10] [2]

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:30:37 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 7 (2/14)
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2016, 01:19:15 am »

Arthur:Look at the dice again.  That's really odd.  Other than that, inspect the surroundings and rest.

Er, by the way, how is the spaceship not currently venting its atmosphere, again?

((Dr. Gears?  Is this an alternate SCP Foundation?))
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:23:12 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2016, 01:24:51 am »

Arthur:Look at the dice again.  That's really odd.  Other than that, inspect the surroundings and rest.

Er, by the way, how is the spaceship not currently venting its atmosphere, again?

((Dr. Gears?  Is this an alternate SCP Foundation?))

((I miss lolfoundation being a thing))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2016, 01:25:58 am »

((It is but it's a different timelime canon thing thing.))
Sigtext

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2016, 12:05:18 pm »

Pick 20 using free pick, then combine y 14 and 6 for another 20. Mini-quest time.

Summon knight outside yacht to tear back into the ship. Arise! It's time we got out of here, I don't want to be alone.

Tear into the ship. The bonds of the flesh are severed! Drawn near spirit! Let us witness your distant grace!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:04:57 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16