Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23034 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 8 (2/20)
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2016, 08:28:40 pm »

((I would like to have Ardan appear soon, but I don't wanna be rude. Cue me in to when I should appear))

(I can't handle 7 players with my current schedule.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2016, 03:54:29 pm »

(Waiting on half the players)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2016, 12:49:37 am »

I should have one free pick. Which I use to turn my 20 into a skill point. 1+ True Steel.

Staring into the child's eye, the knight imparts these words, "You seek blood? I have no blood to shed." The knight lumbers towards the child.

"My soul is silent. It dwells with a flesh. It is fixated on distant glimmers." The knight kneels, lowering his head to be the the level of the child's. "My soul is not interested in life, in death, in birth, in vessels; this soul is intent on grace that only comes from the spirit."

Grabbing the child by the cloth near his neck, the knight lifts him up, "Gold? Do you consider yourself a king? Arrogance. Silver, if you were wise. Look into these eyes. Tell me, do you perceive the name inscribed here? Do you?"

"On white stone it abides. But enough." The knight drops the child.

"You came here seeking blood from the bloodless and claiming grace for that which has none. Absurd." The knight draws his sword. "I shall grant your wish, all of the blood between us shall be shed."

Engage in combat with the child, kill him, then consume his sword.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:40:06 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 26, 2016, 01:38:46 am »

If the scientist is able to respond, ask about what that message on the intercom meant.

"That seemed a bit... premature. They're trying to study the dangerous prisoners, not the ones like us. Speaking of danger, I assume that intercom signals something astronomically bad has happened."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2016, 02:21:28 am »

Sorry for the wait.

Turn 9

Loot both of the needle guns and all of the needlegun ammo from the guards (kill them if they are still alive). Put on their body armor wherever I can make it fit (the torso parts can probably fit around my limbs, for example). Search for a medkit and use it to heal my hand if I find it. Return to the prisoners, who should be about to recover right around now.

"Follow me if you wish to be free."

Head to the lab, shooting anything that isn't a prisoner on my way there.

(4) You try to emit retro-spores which undo the effects of your spores. They should work, but the symptoms seem to be persisting. Perhaps the prisoners still think they are affected.

You walk back into the cellblock. Your spores have really done a number on the other prisoners. Some of them are even coughing blood. Not all of them were bad people, but...

The rifle guards have disappeared. Their bodies are gone. What the hell.

There is a circular hole in the floor in the laundry section, about a meter wide. Through it you can see...

Space.

There's a hull breach.

Dice queue (You have 0x 20's, 2 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

I should have one free pick. Which I use to turn my 20 into a skill point. 1+ True Steel.

Staring into the child's eye, the knight imparts these words, "You seek blood? I have no blood to shed." The knight lumbers towards the child.

"My soul is silent. It dwells with a flesh. It is fixated on distant glimmers." The knight kneels, lowering his head to be the the level of the child's. "My soul is not interested in life, in death, in birth, in vessels; this soul is intent on grace that only comes from the spirit."

Grabbing the child by the cloth near his neck, the knight lifts him up, "Gold? Do you consider yourself a king? Arrogance. Silver, if you were wise. Look into these eyes. Tell me, do you perceive the name inscribed here? Do you?"

"On white stone it abides. But enough." The knight drops the child.

"You came here seeking blood from the bloodless and claiming grace for that which has none. Absurd." The knight draws his sword. "I shall grant your wish, all of the blood between us shall be shed."

Engage in combat with the child, kill him, then consume his sword.

Star-Child: You speak large words! (He slices the strip of cloth you hold with his sword, freeing himself and flying into the air. Somehow, he glides away, landing several meters farther.)

Star-Child: ...for one so lost as yourself. You are a toy in the hands of masters. You think you are free, but I tell you: we are all pawns. If not for your masters, then of mine. Men have no reason to search. All is vanity under the stars. We are puppets.

He raises the blade, which seems fit for two hands. He wields it with one. In his other arm he holds an hourglass, which you are sure you never saw before.
Star-Child: If you have no blood, then your head will do. The stars demand atonement.

(His mobility is 3. Yours is 2. He attacks first.)

The child throws the hourglass into the air and cleaves it in half with the sword. Glittering dust fills the sound-transmitting vacuum, falling by gravity toward the greater mass of the ship (you stand on a freefall section of the ship).
(20-4) He moves faster than a bullet, slashing at your torso and running you through. [11] It cleaves through your metal body, but it only leaves a gash in your side, failing to separate your two halves. But there seems to be another effect. You feel no pain, but it seems that the metal is rusting near the point of contact. It stops spreading after a few inches.

(Note: I will introduce a new mechanic here. You can use a free pick to designate a die to be used for defense. You can also choose your next die to be used for defense without using a free pick.
But I won't use your dice for non-deliberate rolls.)

[Attack: 11-3 (Enemy dexterity)] You swing your sword, hefting effortlessly the weight of a whole man. It clips your attacker narrowly, (Defense: 2-4) but narrowly is enough. The child is thrown a short distance by your attack, but as you look upon him it becomes clear that the wound was fatal. Black blood spills out over the pristine starship hull.
You raise the sword to your chest. It vanishes, along with the entirety of the child's body. The robes and black bloodstains are left behind. [13] The child's power surges through you and you are able to identify a few of his core abilities.

Dice queue (0 free picks): 1 3 5
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice two more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

If the scientist is able to respond, ask about what that message on the intercom meant.

"That seemed a bit... premature. They're trying to study the dangerous prisoners, not the ones like us. Speaking of danger, I assume that intercom signals something astronomically bad has happened."

Oh totally. Laughing gas is a depressant, but it doesn't put people to sleep or anything.

Scientist: I will tell you. Human artifacts are not humans. Have you wondered why your artifacts seem to have minds of their own? That's because they do have minds. Most have some sort of subsurface etching that simulates a brain. Since it's a mind it's unaffected by starvirus. At least, we're not aware of it if they are.

Scientist: But all their abilities, their powers so to speak, are extensions of thought. Have you wondered what happens when an artifact sleeps? Or if even...

Scientist: Human artifacts are able to dream like humans. Except that their thoughts have the ability to affect reality. So when a human artifact is knocked unconscious it starts dreaming up a sort of pocket reality, dragging the ship into it. Rai himself was found in a cruise liner, which I presume made use of the dream-reality as a sightseeing attraction. But really, it's dangerous. The dreamspace is filled with air. Incredibly dangerous. Do you know what happens when you ignite a fusion rocket in an atmosphere?

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 14 18

Eisenhower interviews the scientist. (See above)

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 16 12 11 4
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

Think about a plan of action that will save these people's lives from bleeding out/being poisoned or diseased, and possibly revive the people who died with the power of 20.

If you can get your hands on you artifact, you could perhaps construct automatons resembling the dead's former selves. But the dead were shot with electrical pistols. Their brains are as good as fried for the most part. Necromancy? That's outside of your field of expertise... but you could try it. (It would only be possible with a 20 and your orb)

To your knowledge, there is no definite cure to anything inside your hazardsuit. It would take some effort in a lab to find a cure to your resident microbes, although antibiotics and generic antivirals might have an effect.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 3 15 19 6 2 1 15 20

"Whuh...Huh?"
Wipe perspiration from my face with the Magic Space Towel, then sit patiently and wait for things to happen.
"Well.  I'll just wait here.  Space comet..."
Look at all the dice.

You wait for--

Two guards plop down in front of you. They came from the ship apparently. A pair of rifles then slams down on your head, first one and then the other. It hurts like hell.

But somehow they didn't break your skull or anything like that. It's almost like the bonds between your atoms are stronger in this towel dimension or something.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [10] [2]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 8 (2/25)
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2016, 06:58:24 am »

"Er...Please stop hitting me?  I don't have any reason or way to fight you.  Except that you just hit me but I can forgive that?  If you don't hit me again?

Honestly I was just going to sit here for a while.  If you'd care to join me instead.

By the way, how are you two planning on getting back?"

Don't be in the way of their attacks, then once they're calmed down, look at the glowy space plant.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:00:23 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:46 am »

Without anything else I can do to help them, I set off for the lab and enter it; looking for the orb. Of course since there are bound to be guards there, I prepare to talk them down(using a 15)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2016, 03:02:16 pm »

"Er...Please stop hitting me?  I don't have any reason or way to fight you.  Except that you just hit me but I can forgive that?  If you don't hit me again?

Honestly I was just going to sit here for a while.  If you'd care to join me instead.

By the way, how are you two planning on getting back?"

Don't be in the way of their attacks, then once they're calmed down, look at the glowy space plant.

((Nononono, the rifles fall from the sky and hit you. 'Randomly'. You can try to grab one if you want.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 9 (2/25)
« Reply #173 on: February 26, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »

Ah.

In that case, throw the rifles off the asteroid.  Don't need nor want those hanging around.  Check the guards for injuries.  Etc.

If they are injured, just...Staunch any bleeding.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:10:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 26, 2016, 07:41:38 pm »

((Sorry, I've been really busy recently and forgot about this.))

"A little premature, maybe, but I don't want to take any more chances." He turns to the doctor.

"Listen, doc. I just want to get out of here. I don't know what happens when a fusion rocket ignites in atmosphere, and I'm not sure I care that much right now. Unless..." The gears in his mind turn, almost audibly.

"Do fusion rockets ignite atmosphere? Are you suggesting that knocking out Rai filled the space around the ship with air, and that the ships engines could ignite it?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2016, 03:38:16 am »

((Sorry, I've been really busy recently and forgot about this.))

"A little premature, maybe, but I don't want to take any more chances." He turns to the doctor.

"Listen, doc. I just want to get out of here. I don't know what happens when a fusion rocket ignites in atmosphere, and I'm not sure I care that much right now. Unless..." The gears in his mind turn, almost audibly.

"Do fusion rockets ignite atmosphere? Are you suggesting that knocking out Rai filled the space around the ship with air, and that the ships engines could ignite it?"

Scientist: Ignite? Hah,
He coughs a bit.
Scientist: Air doesn't burn. But a fusion engine is like a nuclear explosion, in space. The engine itself is designed to be really durable, to withstand the heat of the engine. But in an atmosphere, nuclear explosions tend to be a lot more destructive. Shockwaves, radiation, fireballs, etcetera. Plus there's atmospheric friction and all that.
Scientist: Basically it's just a really bad idea. Although if Rai were a critter that breathed a methane-oxygen mixture, yeah... that would be a wee bit frightening...
Scientist: If you want to move around in the dreamspace, you need something with a low power output. Or an airbreathing engine. You know what, if you want to get off of this ship, I'll help you. I won't tell the guards you were here. But please, don't kill more people than you have already. If they're calling for help, the jailbreak must be really serious...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:43:12 am by _DivideByZero_ »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2016, 04:52:29 pm »

"I haven't killed anybody, and I don't plan to. I'd really appreciate your help getting out of here." Turaco hesitates for a second. "If the jailbreak is that bad, though, and this many people are dying, I think I'd rather stay and help. I've never been one to just run away and hide while other people die."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2016, 04:53:38 pm »

(("Air doesn't burn" Uh, it kinda does.))
Sigtext

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2016, 08:02:31 pm »

(("Air doesn't burn" Uh, it kinda does.))

((Light a candle in your home and see if the air burns.

Technically you could say oxygen fulfills the same role as fuel, just on the other side of the chemical equation. But air won't burn alone, which I think is what inaluct was hinting at.))
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:04:05 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2016, 11:49:55 pm »

((Well, it won't SPONTANEOUSLY ignite, but if you bkast it with enough heat, it will be on fire.))
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16