Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23095 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 5 (2/8)
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2016, 05:11:04 pm »

((This 20:))
You try to roll the first red die, but it burns you.
The next die doesn't burn your hand. This is odd. It was a [20].
((Which came after the red 17 that made a loud noise on the floor.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2016, 05:14:34 pm »

Heh, nevermind, I didn't realize Yourmaster got shuffled off into the waitlist at some point and thought he was literally just standing around while the mushroom went on a rampage.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:36:41 pm by inaluct »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2016, 09:38:14 pm »

Heh, nevermind, I didn't realize Yourmaster got shuffled off into the waitlist at some point and thought he was literally just standing around while the mushroom went on a rampage.

Well, I have a policy not to put too much effort into rolls for people who don't put much effort into their actions.

Sorry yourmaster. :(

((This 20:))
You try to roll the first red die, but it burns you.
The next die doesn't burn your hand. This is odd. It was a [20].
((Which came after the red 17 that made a loud noise on the floor.))

Yeah, it was rolled. It wouldn't go back into the queue after being rolled.

"This is your last warning- stand down."

If they don't comply with my earlier demands, sneak away (I'm in cover, right?). Use my best roll on sneaking away. Once I'm in a better (hidden) position, dual taser the catwalk repeatedly to electrocute both guards (there isn't a roll to see if the catwalk is metal, right?).

What cover? Into a cell? The cell block is explicitly designed to have decent line of sight coverage. Putting random cover lying around would defeat the purpose of a prison.

Your best bet would be hiding behind prisoners, [Mobility: 6] but most of them are on the floor, so you can't hide your whole body anyway. That leaves the best place to retreat would be... into the cell blocks? (You're not in cover yet. You failed at sneaking away.)
((Now you're wishing I hadn't hidden your queue, eh?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2016, 09:40:13 pm »

((Er, but what did it get rolled FOR?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2016, 11:08:49 am »

You said that I had made it into cover, though...

Inspire some of the prisoners to stand up in defiance of the guards, then use them as temporary cover to get to proper cover (behind a cell block) and do my previous action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:58 am »

Wait, scrap my last action. I have a better idea.

Point at something behind the guards.

"What's that?!"

Repeatedly dual-taser the bridge. If the Bluff roll to distract the guards is going to be hard, use ky highest roll on it.

This counts as a sneak attack, right?

((Ah, the joys of being a diplomancer/bluffmancer))
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2016, 01:32:54 pm »

What? Isn't he a prisoner?

Raioyris expresses concern watching Turaco hull around tanks of gas. Convince lab personnel to stop Turaco. "What is he doing with those?"

Nitrous oxide? Raioyris reads a label on the tanks. Laughing gas? Is he going to put that in the ventilation system?

I guess I should be more demanding, I mean I am an escaped prisoner.Intimidate lab personnel. "Hey! Listen up.... I'm going to... Erh..." I think I need some practice...

Look for artifacts unaffiliated with current characters and consume them, ask if there is if necessary.

Find out where docked ships are, and find a mask capable of filtering gasses, asking lab personnel if nessary.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:50:38 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2016, 01:35:58 pm »

Raioyris expresses concern watching Turaco hull around tanks of gas. Convince lab personnel to stop Turaco. "What is he doing with those?"

Nitrous oxide? Raioyris reads a label on the tanks. Laughing gas? Is he going to put that in the ventilation system?

Look for artifacts unaffiliated with current characters and consume them.

Find out where docked ships are, and find a mask capable of filtering gasses, asking lab personnel if nessary.
If Arthur finds out that you've eaten artifacts (which tend to be incredibly valuable and useful), he's going to try to strangle you.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2016, 02:09:48 pm »

(The room is locked and sealed off with a bulkhead. I thought it would be self-explanatory that the room wouldn't have windows otherwise a bulkhead wouldn't be necessary.

Nobody can see him.)

((Er, but what did it get rolled FOR?))

(Eh, rolling a die, presumably. Fine, I'll store it.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:12:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2016, 03:56:46 pm »

Violaceous Turaco is not actually in the same room as you. Yet.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2016, 09:45:30 pm »

We both entered into the same lab through the cafeteria, then you left before I entered? I think I get it now. In one of my previous rolls their was something about a hazardous man with hazardous things, I assumed that was Turaco. I suppose the key word was that that man was in a hazard suit.

I'll rewrite my turn this by tonight. Well it looks like inaluct won't get to benefit from my 1.

I changed my action :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:49:33 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2016, 01:06:40 am »

Ask the Scientist and/or clerk About Dr. Hans and the location of the office, and about the hazmat scientist.

"So, the science crew support me, eh? That is encouraging to hear. Why, though? Who is that hazmat scientist anyway, that she would support my release? Is she the 'Dr. Hans?' in the terminal?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:29 am »

We both entered into the same lab through the cafeteria, then you left before I entered? I think I get it now. In one of my previous rolls their was something about a hazardous man with hazardous things, I assumed that was Turaco. I suppose the key word was that that man was in a hazard suit.

I'll rewrite my turn this by tonight. Well it looks like inaluct won't get to benefit from my 1.

I changed my action :P

I know, I wish I could get that 1. :p

I think the person in the hazmat suit is the female scientist. Right now, I'm in a room separate from this one, behind a locked door in the hazmat section.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2016, 07:57:01 pm »

(*awaits updop*)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16