Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23073 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 4 (2/6)
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »

Taser that new guard (use my 20), belly flop onto the unconscious one (completing my mini-quest), kill the unconcious guard, and loot a new taser and a needlegun (and some ammo for each) from the dead guards.

((The penalty to the enemy roll is your offense minus their defense die. He will roll a 1 but youll need a 20 to give a -20 modifier))

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2016, 10:13:59 pm »

Use my free pick to turn my twenty into a skill point. +1 Crit.

Search for a weapon then convince lab personnel to remove my armor.

"So that's why you are keeping me here..." Raioyris says with slight melancholy, "Remove this armor from me now!"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:37 pm »

Waiting on clarification from ATHATH, inaluct, and HEN.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2016, 10:44:48 pm »

Betrayed! Oh, the drama!

Violaceous Turaco strides into the atmospherics lab and assembles a functional breathing apparatus from the tanks and materials available, or finds an emergency apparatus. I'm using a free pick to grab a 16 for this. Also, look for some bold cutters to open the locker and some gloves for something else.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2016, 01:20:03 am »

Check the terminal after Rayoris leaves it. Search for Turaco and I's profile, and any profiles about the staff.

"Wait, how do you know who I am? And how do you know I was framed?"

If the staff in my prison know that I was framed, then how am I still being blamed?
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2016, 04:03:21 am »

Turn 5

Taser that new guard, belly flop onto the unconscious one (use my 20, completing my mini-quest), kill the unconcious guard, and loot a new taser and a needlegun (and some ammo for each) from the dead guards.

[Attack: 16] You deftly bring the weapon to bear on the last guard and shoot him down from mid-range. (Defense: 10) The weapon brings him down as well, knocking him cold with a
Whew, this weapon seems to be rather effective. You might actually use one some other time.

[Wrestle + Strength: 20+1 (new miniquest)] (Defense: 1) Just for kicks, you finish off the one you downed before, breaking every bone in his body with your massive girth. Some of his bones prick your skin from below, giving you a rather embarrassing wound.
You swap out a new stun pistol so you don't run out of charge. There are no needleguns around to loot though. You dealt with all the taser guards though. Bodycount: 4. 2 wounded. None of the guards are wearing first aid kits.

The prisoners start to applaud. And then--
*click*

--then the lights turn off. The other prisoners are murmuring.

Cafeteria Rifleman: 'ey.

The voice is coming from the cafeteria. You see a red pinpoint coming from there. Said pinpoint is also present on your chest. You hear footsteps from behind.
Cell Block Rifleman: What is this mess? Did you do this by yourself!? My God..... *cough*
Cafeteria Rifleman: Don't shoot 'im yet. You'll hit the others. Plus, I've got a couple of new scores to settle..
The one from the cafeteria starts walking your way. [Observation: 6] You can't tell how far he is.

The other one is behind you. [Observation: 4] You can't tell how far he is.

(The darkness gives a -4 to accuracy against targets with laser pointers, -10 to all others. The guards may or may not get this penalty, depending on their equipment.)

Dice queue (You have 0x 20's, 2 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
Nightstalker:
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Use my free pick to turn my twenty into a skill point. +1 Crit.

Search for a weapon then convince lab personnel to remove my armor.

"So that's why you are keeping me here..." Raioyris says with slight melancholy, "Remove this armor from me now!"

[2] You arm yourself with your wits and courage. The scientists don't feel all that much more threatened.
Clerk: Can he even do it in that?
"Not sure," says the scientist, currently busy in conversation with Eisenhower.

[Intimidation: 11] Clerk: I'll comply...

She removes the padded suit from you, revealing an unusual jumpsuit covered in wires below it.

Dice queue (0 free picks): 1 15 16 4 14
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice three more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Check the terminal after Rayoris leaves it. Search for Turaco and I's profile, and any profiles about the staff.

"Wait, how do you know who I am? And how do you know I was framed?"

If the staff in my prison know that I was framed, then how am I still being blamed?

Scientist: Well, in all honesty, (he begins)
Scientist: You were due to be a free man soon. The other scientist, the one in the hazmat suit that just walked into the labs, she made preparations to discharge you.
Scientist: Yeah, it's going against your sentence. But we're not Centauri. Screw those royal bastards--sorry, I was referring to the guys that sentenced you.
[Improve Opinion: 15] He seems to respect you. His attitude is now Trusting (+3 to persuasion), as is the Clerk's. The hazmat scientist will be Very Trusting if you meet her again (+6 to persuasion).

Spoiler: Einsenhower's File (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turaco's File (click to show/hide)

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 20 14

Betrayed! Oh, the drama!

Violaceous Turaco strides into the atmospherics lab and assembles a functional breathing apparatus from the tanks and materials available, or finds an emergency apparatus. I'm using a free pick to grab a 16 for this. Also, look for some bold cutters to open the locker and some gloves for something else.

The Atmospherics Lab contains a wind tunnel and a gas chamber. The toxic spores are pouring in fast, so you first regain your breath by entering the airlock after setting it to flush the chamber with oxygen.

[Construct Equipment: 16] You can use this chamber to breath and assemble a pile of parts. Soon enough, through repeated trips into the storage room, you find some tubing, an emergency mask with nothing but a filter, and an oxygen tank. You put them together, just in case the toxin in the air will pass the filter.
[Search: 6] You can't find bolt cutters. It seems that such a tool would be a good way to release harmful chemicals into the room. Obviously they don't want that. You do find smaller tools, such as some small wire cutters, wrenches, and generally all the equipment needed to manipulate the hazardous material tanks.

Dice queue (0 free picks): 7 16 10 2 4
Miniquests:
Dramatic Entrance: Subdue all who have been alerted by your presence. Non-lethally. (Reward: You are now unable to kill people unintentionally, unless you roll a 20)

(Use a 15)archibald would respect the nurse's space, and calmly try to explain the situation.
"I'm sorry nurse, but there are people out there in need of medical attention, possibly quarantine. Please go get some biohazard gear on, and help me get the situation under control!"

[Improve Opinion: 15] Nurse: What? You're... alright. How many are injured?
She puts on an airtight suit from a closet. Apparently this place was completely prepared for some sort of biohazard outbreak. There's dozens of suits available. They're all made of a flexible material with a rigid helmet section.

The nurse will now take orders without persuasion. (Subordinate?)

Dice queue (1 free picks): 3 6 15 19 6 2 1

Look at the red dice.  See if there's anything different about them.  You know, other than their color.

Inspect the contents of my pocket, just in case.

You try to roll the first red die, but it burns you.
The next die doesn't burn your hand. This is odd. It was a [20].

Suddenly, the lights turn off. You can't see the dice anymore. You drop the first red die from before, [Attack: 17] and you hear a loud impact below you, causing you to jump.

Upon inspection, it seems the red die cracked the cloor below you. You can't tell what number it landed on.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?] [?]r [?] 10r [20] [10]

That mushroom is really pulling his weight in combat. He doesn't seem to need your help or anything, eh.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 6 4 1 15 20 11

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:12:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 5 (2/8)
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2016, 07:49:30 am »

Arthur:Oh geez.  Keep hold of the dice...

Towel:This is a good time for the cell we're in to develop a hole in the floor, huh?  Certainly no-one would expect that.  Except maybe Arthur, and he doesn't really count.

Also there should be a 20 in my queue?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:47:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2016, 10:41:55 am »

"There were at least three who were showing symptoms of something, but at the same time, they were in combat with that fungal creature. The seal on my air tank was corroded, and vented a yellowish cloud of unknown composition into the air."
He would start to head back to the scene with the nurse, unless ordered otherwise by them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »

What's the description of my mini-quest supposed to be?

Emit a menacing laugh, and release some courage spores while I'm speaking until they form a cloud around me. Once the laser is on the cloud instead of me, slowly shuffle out of the cloud and into cover while throwing my voice so that it sounds like I am inside of the cloud.

"Oh, you think you're so clever, huh? You think that I can't possibly hurt you when it's dark. Well, you're wrong- Space Mushrooms have innate night-vision (this is a lie). Even the other prisoners here can see you- your laser pointers reveal your location. Speaking of those other prisoners- what do you plan to do against our numbers? You have... what, 10 rounds in each of those guns, right? There's over 50 prisoners in this line- how do you plan to kill us all before we overrun you? Can't you see that this is hopeless? Lay down your weapons, turn on the lights, and put your hands up, and we'll let you live."

If they still shoot at us:
"CHAAAAAARGE!"
Charge at the guards with the rest of the prisoners and overrun them (take their rifles). Turn the lights on, and walk to the artifact chambers.

If the guards comply:
Pick up their rifles, have four prisoners point tasers at the guards' heads, and use them as hostages. Walk to the artifact chambers.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2016, 12:58:05 pm »

((What kinds of tanks full of hazardous gas are in atmospherics? Any nitrous oxide?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2016, 01:46:12 pm »

((What kinds of tanks full of hazardous gas are in atmospherics? Any nitrous oxide?))

It seems this atmospheric lab is also used for studying non-human reactions to various substances, so there are indeed a few large tanks of nitrous oxide.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2016, 03:11:27 pm »

Violaceous Turaco needs to act quickly and decisively. He gathers up a pair of gloves, the largest wrench he can find, and the largest number of tanks of nitrous oxide he can carry, regardless of size. Four very small tanks would be better than one large one.

So armed, Violaceous Turaco dons his breathing apparatus, approaches the locker, and uses the wrench to break the lock, jamming it between the door and the frame of the locker and leveraging it open.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »

What's the description of my mini-quest supposed to be?

Oh. Oops. I was tired.

Nightstalker: Slay/incapacitate both riflemen using stealth attacks (Reward: Defense rolls for alerted enemies are now worst-case.)

Emit a menacing laugh, and release some courage spores while I'm speaking until they form a cloud around me. Once the laser is on the cloud instead of me, slowly shuffle out of the cloud and into cover while throwing my voice so that it sounds like I am inside of the cloud.

"Oh, you think you're so clever, huh? You think that I can't possibly hurt you when it's dark. Well, you're wrong- Space Mushrooms have innate night-vision (this is a lie). Even the other prisoners here can see you- your laser pointers reveal your location. Speaking of those other prisoners- what do you plan to do against our numbers? You have... what, 10 rounds in each of those guns, right? There's over 50 prisoners in this line- how do you plan to kill us all before we overrun you? Can't you see that this is hopeless? Lay down your weapons, turn on the lights, and put your hands up, and we'll let you live."

[Stealth: 7] The laser creates a line, making it easier to see where the laser is going and coming from. There's no accuracy penalty now.

The guards still track you with their rifles as you walk into cover, though. No dice.
The laser from behind you seems to be coming from an angle. The guard is probably on a catwalk or standing on a cell or something.

Cellblock Rifleman: Those prisoners don't seem to be in any condition to overrun anyone.
Most of the prisoners around you are suffering the effects of your prior spores. [10] They may be courageous, but they've got a lot more of the previous spores in their systems.
Cellblock Rifleman: Plus, you really think they're all willing to die just to let a few go free? The shuttle ain't even got quarters for more than a dozen people.

Cafeteria Rifleman: Just... shoot if they act up.

The guard in the cafeteria turns off his laser pointer. He continues walking.

Arthur:Oh geez.  Keep hold of the dice...

Towel:This is a good time for the cell we're in to develop a hole in the floor, huh?  Certainly no-one would expect that.  Except maybe Arthur, and he doesn't really count.

Also there should be a 20 in my queue?

The 20 was rolled. :( Unless you mean the 20 from before you jumbled them together. That turned them all to random dice.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2016, 05:05:22 pm »

Sneak away (I'm in cover, right?). Use my best roll on sneaking away. Once I'm in a better (hidden) position, dual taser the catwalk repeatedly to electrocute both guards (there isn't a roll to see if the catwalk is metal, right?).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:10:05 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2016, 05:07:13 pm »

Wait harder.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16