Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Foundations of Government (OOC)  (Read 14851 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Foundations of Government (OOC)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 11:15:56 pm »

IC Thread has been established, and can be found here. Players are suggested to take actions to form the basis of their ministries; right now, you are simply people and abstract ideas. For the first several days, the minimum wait between turns will be reduced to a day; this will return to three days in the next week, probably.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Nunzillor

Re: Foundations of Government (OOC) [Open]
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 11:30:24 pm »

Edit: never mind.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:32:36 pm by Nunzillor »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 11:47:18 pm »

Would conscription be proposal or action?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 11:50:22 pm »

That depends. I doubt the other ministries would look kindly upon you conscripting populace without consulting them; though it is possible. But if you wanted to enact an official governmental conscription, it would be a proposal.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 11:53:24 pm »

Also one more thing what year are we set in?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 01:03:12 am »

Late 1940s; technology would be akin to the time.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 01:25:49 am »

Double posting, but OP so sue me.

Just thought I'd remind you guys that PROPOSALS are not official until the NEXT turn; there is no need to oppose or support yet (though you can certainly make your concern noted). I'd also appreciate you following the color coding to make it easier on me (purple for actions, blue for proposals, green for support, red for oppose, and brown for abstain).

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 12:56:36 pm »

am i to late or is there still space for a

Ministry of Graft and Corruption Issues

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 01:44:25 pm »

am i to late or is there still space for a

Ministry of Graft and Corruption Issues
Applications were closed, but since the first Proposals have yet to even become official you are accepted.

I'll post a new turn once you, Strife, and TopHat have posted (or a few days, whichever comes first). If players could write a STATUS: Ready/Not Ready beneath their primary post (where their proposal/actions are), that'd help me know whether you guys are ready for a new turn. Not required, but it'd make it much easier for me to see if all the players are still discussing or are waiting for the next turn.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 03:02:19 pm »

I would do the ready/not ready thing, but I'm perpetually not ready and I'd inevitably forget to change it when if I'm ever ready :)) I'm happy whatever happens, if I have enough time to discuss proposals with others that's cool. If not, that's less cool, but oh well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 04:16:51 am »

How do you decide what happens, are there rolls?  Also, if we're not sure how much something might cost can we just ask to "use as much money as is necessary?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:32:50 am by Nunzillor »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 04:45:41 am »

In most cases I simply decide, but in situations where a good deal of chance is involved I might use random.org; simple D10 or so to figure out whether it's good or bad. If you are unsure how much something might cost, saying "use how much money is necessary" is good wording, it essentially tells me you don't really care how much it costs - just get it down. Words such as "up to $X", are also good, as are words that describe quality and general price levels - saying "I pay them well" indicates to me that they should be earning decent wages, while saying "I make high-quality goods" indicates how much cash you want to go into making them. Specifics will always be just that, however; and you're more likely to get exactly what you want with precise phrasing. But if you're unsure, feel free to ask questions or use generic wording.

I will always try to avoid doing something unless you indicate that it's what you wanted to do, however; if you stated that you recruited employees, I won't automatically assume you're paying or supplying them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:47:17 am by DontBanTheMan »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 06:48:38 am »

Byraway, would you prefer actions that we decide upon later to be edited into a post, or added in a new one?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2016, 09:15:58 am »

A number of bay12'ers walk into a forum game. Hilarity ensues.
Heh.

Still open, right?

Ministry of Knowledge
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2016, 01:47:28 pm »

Byraway, would you prefer actions that we decide upon later to be edited into a post, or added in a new one?
Edited in; posting in the OOC thread that you edited your "action post" would be great and prevent me from not realizing you edited your post, but is not required.

A number of bay12'ers walk into a forum game. Hilarity ensues.
Heh.

Still open, right?

Ministry of Knowledge
The game just started, and as such you'll have to wait for a leaderless ministry or have the other ministries vote you in via a special proposal next turn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16