Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Foundations of Government (OOC)  (Read 14846 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Foundations of Government (OOC)
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 04:10:02 pm »

So we don't any computers or anything nice yet till we import them later or invent them.

Nunzillor

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2016, 05:04:47 pm »

Sorry to ask so many questions, I was just wondering if it is likely that the Ministry of Truth will have enough money to expand like it is attempting to?  Not sure about that.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2016, 06:00:47 pm »

Sorry to ask so many questions, I was just wondering if it is likely that the Ministry of Truth will have enough money to expand like it is attempting to?  Not sure about that.
Well we have estimate of 700,000 to 1,000,000 people or more. If all 3 taxs so far even get us say 5$ per citizen then we could get between 3,500,000 - 5,000,000 million dollars which would be good, but thats not taking into count if we have huge unemployment then we going to loose alot since I believe we have about 50-60% unemployment.

Nunzillor

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2016, 06:04:06 pm »

Well we have estimate of 700,000 to 1,000,000 people or more. If all 3 taxs so far even get us say 5$ per citizen then we could get between 3,500,000 - 5,000,000 million dollars which would be good, but thats not taking into count if we have huge unemployment then we going to loose alot since I believe we have about 50-60% unemployment.
Wow that's an amazingly horrible level of unemployment... The question though is if whoever's willing to collect the tax is gonna spread it around.  Currently they have no obligation to do so, and we have no agreed upon or proposed budget.

Edit: do you have any interest in handling the collection (you have a lot of personnel to make it happen) and then we could possibly hash out a budget here?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:20:31 pm by Nunzillor »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 06:32:02 pm »

Wow that's an amazingly horrible level of unemployment... The question though is if whoever's willing to collect the tax is gonna spread it around.  Currently they have no obligation to do so, and we have no agreed upon or proposed budget.

Edit: do you have any interest in handling the collection (you have a lot of personnel to make it happen) and then we could possibly hash out a budget here?
Well im military guy, so minister of criminality be best place, the estimate on unemployment is a guess at best since we only come out of revolution and previous monarchy paid even janitor very well, plus soldiers collecting tax seems like it kick up a lot of trouble. Best to work out a budget next turn which probally be better in % based of how much each gets instead of fixed numbers. so if our income changed any turn then each ministry still get same % amount of ministry budget.

Nunzillor

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 06:36:50 pm »

Fair enough.  Hey hector13!  Want to talk budget?
Sorry, kind of anxious to work this out so that we don't run out of funds.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:42:10 pm by Nunzillor »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 06:44:08 pm »

Fair enough. I've made a proposal this turn though, so I can't make any more if we need to :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 06:53:02 pm »

Fair enough.Alright, you collect the funds as an action and I'll create the proposal.  Deal?

Here's what I'm thinking, this is probably bad but I just want to get something out there for discussion:

Ministry of Advanced Defence: 20%
Ministry of Criminality: 20%
Ministry of Agriculture: 10%
Ministry of Transportation: 5%
Ministry of Truth: 5%
Ministry of Health: 10%
Ministry of Graft and Corruption Issues: 15%
Ministry of Engineering: 15%

And the rest of the ministries can start getting funds when they start showing up, I think that's all the active players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 07:02:11 pm »

Well... we'd be better discussing it IC, but I think I'm waaaay over-extending myself just now anyway, hence expanding into real estate and accommodation to pay the bills.

I'll accept a fifth of any taxes though :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 07:05:13 pm »

Don't worry, I'm way overextending myself too!  Anyway, I'll create the proposal IC so it can be discussed.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 05:05:20 am »

heh, the entire budget act you are making was roughly what i was aiming for XD, just not very good at lawyering new laws

Nunzillor

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 05:10:43 am »

I figured it was basically what you wanted, hopefully we can get support to get this passed.  We still need someone to actually collect the taxes though...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 05:43:47 am »

already on it, nothing better than government goon squads knocking on your door to collect taxes.

Nunzillor

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:58 am »

That's what I always say.  Or at least that's what I would say if I was in charge of said government goon squads.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:11:02 am by Nunzillor »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 08:34:49 am »

Proposing to join as one of the following, subject to a vote on which the existing players prefer:

The Ministry of Education: Developing young minds, managing schools and universities. This could also become a subdivision of the Ministry of Truth

The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources: Bureau for balancing environmental preservation, care of parks, reserves, wildlife, flora and fauna in the country, but also for selling rights to said lands and resources for industrial and commercial exploitation.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry: To Promote Economic Growth and Create jobs for a brighter future.

The Ministry of Finance: A focused department concerned with fiscal (budgets) and monetary policy (bonds, inflation, currency rules), taxes, creation of a government accounting system, government liabilities, government procurement, government investments and policies regarding company registration.

The Ministry of Law: Sets statutes and policies for justice and the rule of law for the benefit of social and economic interactions. This should be entirely separate from the Ministry of Criminality. It also provides a means to settle civil and business disputes. We hope to promote investor confidence through a well established legal system.

( I'm an accountant by training, choose finance... you know you want to. )
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16