Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Foundations of Government (OOC)  (Read 14838 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Foundations of Government (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »

Hmm, what should we do about the silent ministries?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 04:46:41 pm »

I've PMed them, and hopefully they'll post within the next day. If not, I'll simply process the turns without em. If they continually disregard the game, I'll replace them with a new player.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »

I would like to propose the creation of the Ministry of Commerce and Labor, thank you.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 07:37:51 pm »

Are
hector13
Ghazkull
O.Wilde
Beneviento
done their actions?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 07:39:44 pm »

I guess so, nobody brought anything up about my proposal...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 07:18:06 am »

uh yes...didn't i post that im ready?

Nunzillor

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 11:28:24 pm »

Two quick questions about the turn, if you don't mind: assuming that the current level of purchasing of The People's Paper continues for the next week, what is next week's expected net income generated by the paper?  Also, what was the cause of the material waste for the past week?

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2016, 12:49:11 am »

Two quick questions about the turn, if you don't mind: assuming that the current level of purchasing of The People's Paper continues for the next week, what is next week's expected net income generated by the paper?  Also, what was the cause of the material waste for the past week?
1. If there's no material waste and the paper sells exactly as it did on Sunday for the next week (assuming also that it averages twenty pages per paper and costs $2), than roughly $13,000. However, this is unlikely - many people only buy on Sunday and material waste almost always occurs. Expected income is between $6000 and $10,000.

2. This was actually a misunderstand/miscoordination on my part; businesses would probably be responsible for excess papers in the real world. Material waste is caused by printing more papers than are sold. On Day 1, for example, 2000 papers were printed but only 621 were sold. It cost $2000 to print those 2000 papers, but only $1242 in papers were sold; netting a total loss of $758. We're going to assume that businesses pay you AFTER the papers are sold, and so if no-one buys the papers than you receive no money. This method is likely to make businesses more obliged to stock their stores with your papers (as there is less risk involved), but will mean they are less inclined to push paper sales. It really depends on the way you want to run it; covering losses yourself will encourage more places to get involved and thus spread your newspaper, while making businesses pay for the paper beforehand will lead to less businesses adopting the paper (due to not wanting the risk of buying papers that may not sell) but reduce the cost to yourself incase supply outstrips demand. I'll assume for the time being that you're using the first model (due mostly to the fact that it's how I wrote it in Turn 3), but you can switch to the second method if you wish.

EDIT/NOTE: Material waste was very high for this first week because demand was being gauged. Demand was low on the first day to people simply not realizing that it was for sale, and rose quickly because the "news" spread of its printing. Material waste will undoubtedly drop as the number of buyers becomes more stable.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:26:35 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Nunzillor

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:10 am »

Thank you for the explanation.  I expected that the businesses would absorb any losses since I was selling to them (not the readers), but I think I see what you're saying... I'll stick with that for now, probably switch later.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:22:15 am by Nunzillor »

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 08:39:43 am »

Do we know how much we'll take in tax or will we find out next turn?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 12:51:36 pm »

Do we know how much we'll take in tax or will we find out next turn?

+1

Also, not sure about the way we're doing things just now, in terms of RP'ing messages back and forth. The whole letter type thing seems to make me less inclined to read things which aren't meant for me (because they're not :P) while it also seems quite bizarre to reply to something which seems to have been a letter to another person that, realistically, I wouldn't have laid eyes on.

This might just be me though :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nunzillor

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2016, 01:12:06 pm »

If we wanted to find a solution IC, we could propose that all communication is CCed to all ministries, so we could feel free to reply to everything.  Call it "The Transparency Act" or something.

That would prevent some intra-ministry intrigue though, if anyone plans to conspire with others secretly.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2016, 01:19:18 pm »

Well we could say that we all sit in one building discussing things and passing letters to each other when not visiting our ministry.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2016, 03:29:35 pm »

Just CC everybody on in-thread messages.

What IS the tech level like?

E:WWII levels assuming no other input.  Hm.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:31:19 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nunzillor

Re: Foundations of Government (OOC) [Open]
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2016, 03:31:21 pm »

Here:
Late 1940s; technology would be akin to the time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16