Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006694 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7590 on: February 12, 2018, 04:57:12 pm »

We have a reverse situation ongoing in the Netherlands compared to the US.
Where in the US, people high up could be in trouble for lying that they did not have Russian contacts...
Over here, our minister of foreign affairs, Halbe Zijlstra, is in danger of being removed from office because he lied about having met Putin, while in fact he did not.

(In 2016, he bragged about being present at a meeting in Putin's resort, and kept up the lie until exposed yesterday.)

I have always found Zijlstra a tool, but this time he has really outdone himself.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7591 on: February 12, 2018, 06:02:58 pm »

Why even make this lie? It would be readily easy to verify its veracity

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:27 pm »

Is meeting Putin a requisite quality you guys want in a foreign affairs minister? Elsewise it seems like a pretty stupid thing to lie about, not knowing any other context.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: February 12, 2018, 08:25:50 pm »

Is meeting Putin a requisite quality you guys want in a foreign affairs minister? Elsewise it seems like a pretty stupid thing to lie about, not knowing any other context.
To be fair, the job of most foreign affairs ministers includes meeting with foreign heads of state, Putin included. :P But indeed, foreign contacts are a plus for foreign affairs, so long as they aren't too...err, close.  After all, most foreign affairs don't include foreign affairs.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:27:54 pm by Culise »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 12, 2018, 08:27:34 pm »

To be fair, the job of most foreign affairs ministers includes meeting with foreign heads of state, Putin included. :P

I'd guess it's more an issue of trust and the PMs confidence that the FM is doing their job.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:19 am »

Our lying minister hasn't been removed from office yet. If it doesn't happen this week, he is going to a planned meeting with Lavrov in Moscow.
Meanwhile, the Russian ministry of foreign affairs has stated that the Russian-Dutch bilateral relations are being "overshadowed by an unprecedented anti-Russia campaign in the Dutch media", without giving any concrete examples.
Furthermore they complained about the verdict byt the International Arbitrage Court in The Hague, which has convicted Russia to pay 5.4 million euros for the illegal seizing and chaining of the Greenpeace ship Arctic Sunrise, and the illegal detention of it's crew of 30, back in september 2013.

Not sure why they want to complain to our foreign minister about that. The court isn't Dutch, it's international, it's just based in The Hague.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:19 am »

Okay, he resigned. Hopefully to replaced with someone more trustworthy.
Or even more hopefully, this will bring down our new government and give us new elections :P
But the latter is false hope.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:12 am »

Okay, he resigned. Hopefully to replaced with someone more trustworthy.
Or even more hopefully, this will bring down our new government and give us new elections :P
But the latter is false hope.

You reall want one more year of coalition talk?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: February 13, 2018, 11:24:48 am »

Yes, most definitly. The last thing our country needs right now is our current neo-con government.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: February 13, 2018, 04:23:42 pm »

Yes, most definitly. The last thing our country needs right now is our current neo-con government.

I agree, there is also some hope that people start seeing a pattern in all the vvd ministers stepping down over various scandals, with some luck they would not end up as the largest party for once.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 13, 2018, 06:25:18 pm »

We have a reverse situation ongoing in the Netherlands compared to the US.
Where in the US, people high up could be in trouble for lying that they did not have Russian contacts...
Over here, our minister of foreign affairs, Halbe Zijlstra, is in danger of being removed from office because he lied about having met Putin, while in fact he did not.

(In 2016, he bragged about being present at a meeting in Putin's resort, and kept up the lie until exposed yesterday.)
Well by now Zijlstra resigned and prime minister Rutte survived a vote of no confidence with 43 to 101.

Pretty sharp contrast to the USA where Trump just continues to lie his ass off and nobody cares.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7602 on: February 13, 2018, 06:27:30 pm »

Royal Navy detonates a 500kg present from the Germans on the river Thames
You know, that reminded me, I need to visit London again someday. Last time I actually stopped there was years back, and that was the visit the Museum of Natural History (Big enough to last the day). Only time besides that I barely remember, beyond going on the London Eye.
Oh yeah London is the dankest museum place in the world. All those free museums and more looted shit than a freeboota's spehss hulk

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »

All sewn together by Cleo's needle.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 793