Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006922 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2700 on: July 13, 2016, 05:03:12 am »

Well, that's kind of missing the point of the Foreign Legion, isn't it? The whole idea is that neither party has much loyalty to the other, FFL is essentially a bunch of expressly expendable foreigners for the French government to deploy as a military force.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2701 on: July 13, 2016, 08:13:47 am »

Well, that's kind of missing the point of the Foreign Legion, isn't it? The whole idea is that neither party has much loyalty to the other, FFL is essentially a bunch of expressly expendable foreigners for the French government to deploy as a military force.
Also the most likely enemy the German gov has to fight are nazi Germans, who would gravitate towards army posts
Having an army that sympathizes with nazis could very quickly turn into a professional nazi army, thus having a diverse one actually has less conflicts of loyalty, presuming they vet for cheeki jihadis

Basing it on the FFL where service = citizenship would be a great way to socially integrate Germany and newGermans in addition to providing manpower for such a FFL, as Germany has now an overabundance of young foreign men with nothing much to do
This would also allow Germany to take a more active and not retarded foreign policy on the world stage

10/10 would recommend again

P.s. if you want expendable foreigners just do a Saudi Arabia and hire loads of mercenaries

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: July 13, 2016, 09:48:45 am »

Also the most likely enemy the German gov has to fight are nazi Germans, who would gravitate towards army posts
Having an army that sympathizes with nazis could very quickly turn into a professional nazi army, thus having a diverse one actually has less conflicts of loyalty, presuming they vet for cheeki jihadis

Basing it on the FFL where service = citizenship would be a great way to socially integrate Germany and newGermans in addition to providing manpower for such a FFL, as Germany has now an overabundance of young foreign men with nothing much to do
This would also allow Germany to take a more active and not retarded foreign policy on the world stage

P.s. if you want expendable foreigners just do a Saudi Arabia and hire loads of mercenaries
I think you're onto something there, Germany starts this foreign legion, recruits it's 20 million Syrian refugees who join for citizenship, then they can send the 'army' over to the Middle East to recover their homeland.
Doesn't particularly matter if they win, if not we'll you don't need refugee camps anymore.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: July 13, 2016, 10:04:21 am »

I think you're onto something there, Germany starts this foreign legion, recruits it's 20 million Syrian refugees who join for citizenship, then they can send the 'army' over to the Middle East to recover their homeland.
Doesn't particularly matter if they win, if not we'll you don't need refugee camps anymore.
A middle eastern bay of pigs invasion?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: July 13, 2016, 10:40:21 am »

A middle eastern bay of pigs invasion?
absolutely haram
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: July 13, 2016, 03:47:24 pm »

Quite a bit of ruckus in France after a newspaper revealed Hollande's hairdresser is paid over 9.500 euros a month.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: July 13, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »

This is joke's topic, right? I loled reading this tweet

https://twitter.com/Sputnik_Not/status/753314477433614336

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: July 13, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »

Quite a bit of ruckus in France after a newspaper revealed Hollande's hairdresser is paid over 9.500 euros a month.

Don't get the whole fuzz. THe one time a ruler does decide to let a proletarian share some of his wealth, it's still no good.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: July 13, 2016, 04:33:56 pm »

His wealth? Do you not think he'll be claiming that on expenses?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2709 on: July 13, 2016, 05:35:02 pm »

His wealth? Do you not think he'll be claiming that on expenses?
His hair is important to the morale of euronation

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2710 on: July 13, 2016, 05:50:33 pm »

Doesn't sound too ridiculous, really.

I wonder what 9.5k euro is in NZD.

He gets paid fifteen grand for hairdressing? Ye gods. That's pretty ridiculous.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: July 13, 2016, 08:04:19 pm »

That article is clearly anti-Semitic and anti-Islam and god those teachers are stupid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2713 on: July 13, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »

Andrea Lüdtke, the head teacher, refused. “He is by no means a radical or extremist,” she told Hamburger Morgenpost newspaper.
He is, however, extremely rude.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: July 13, 2016, 08:26:18 pm »

Andrea Lüdtke, the head teacher, refused. “He is by no means a radical or extremist,” she told Hamburger Morgenpost newspaper.
He is, however, extremely rude.
What if the teachers reaction? That wasn't very polite either. Setting superb examples for their charges.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 793